What do you do when you first log on?

I was just wondering, what is the FIRST thing you do when you log on to Nameberry? As for me, I always check my notifications first, then I tend to gravitate towards the [name_u]Baby[/name_u] Names forum category, or the teenberry thread!

What about you guys?

1 Like

I always check my notifications and then catch up on any new threads.

2 Likes

Check notifications and then go to the new threads

2 Likes

I always check my notifications, go to the new threads, and then scroll through the unread threads to see if thereā€™s any that I feel I should look at again.

1 Like

I check my notifications then I start replying to the new threads.

1 Like

I check my notifications and then I go to new threads!

1 Like
  1. Check notifications
  2. Go to Unread, but really only look at the unread on the The Quick [name_u]Poll[/name_u] Thread! :sweat_smile:
  3. Go to [name_u]New[/name_u]
3 Likes

Check notifications, read any PMs, read teenberries, read other ongoing threads, vote on quick poll thread, then hang out in the girl baby names category answering new topics :rofl:

1. Check notifications
  2. Go to ā€œunreadā€ for the quick poll thread and nameberry memes.
  3. Go to ā€œnewā€
1 Like
  • I check my notifications
  • I check ā€œunreadā€ and catch up on most of them
  • I go to ā€œnewā€
  • I catch up on the unread threads I didnā€™t get to before (usually games)

Check my notifications, check Teenberry and Nameberry Memes threads, then go to the new threads.

Check my notifications, then look at new threads.

I check notification then am somewhere on Teenberries or #girl-baby-names

Check my notifications and then my ā€˜Unreadā€™. Reply to some stuff, if need be. Then, I keep checking. And checking. And checking.

(While my grades keep falling. And falling. And falling.)

(That was a joke; my grades arenā€™t falling.)

1 Like

Check notifications
Start first with hearts because theyā€™re quick.
Then check replies on topics I ā€œwatchā€ but that arenā€™t my topic. Choose to reply or not. Choose to bookmark or not.
Check replies to me and reply as needed.
Bookmark from the last post I havenā€™t responded to if I donā€™t respond presently.
Check DMs and reply or bookmark as needed.
Check Drafts and continue drafting/posting.
If Iā€™m coming to post a topic or question somewhere, I do that now. If I post, bookmark the post.
Then tackle Bookmarks. As you can see from the process above, I use bookmarks as my to-do list. I go to the bookmark (starting from the top ofthe tab working down) and do whatever it is I had originally intended to do, then I either delete the bookmark, reset the bookmark notification to go off at specific future time, or keep the topic bookmarked with no notification if it is a topic Iā€™m not ā€œdone withā€ yet. Once a weekish, I go through and delete any bookmarks I no longer want (posts I didnā€™t get around to responding to or my own topics that I will no longer be regularly checking).
When I get through all that, I start on the categories page and look at the top 3 for each category. I USUALLY enter Girls, [name_u]Baby[/name_u] Names, or Momberries based on that. If an old topic Iā€™m ā€œtrackingā€ seems to have a bajillion new responses in the little ticker or has turned hot (orange or red), I usually pop back in to check what the fuss is about. Then I might click on some new topics (little blue dot) and respond or not. Whenever I see any topic I want to respond to, if it is a quick minute-or-less response I respond right away. If it is not going to be quick or if I have to think about the response (think up new combos, consider something deeply, suggest a name that isnā€™t sitting there in a namebank, etc.), I (you guessed it) Bookmark it.
If I get through all that stuff (doesnā€™t usually happen), I go back to topics I participate in and track but donā€™t watch (quick polls, etc.). Or I enter other categories and do the whole categories process over again.
Thenā€¦
I start the WHOLE thing over.

Gosh that looks like a whole lotā€¦ it is second nature now. Iā€™ve gotten rid of a lot of decision fatigue by doing it this way and I feel like I do a good balance of things that are fun, get me thinking, and in turn contribute to the community.

Iā€™m so surprised to see how many go straight to ā€œnew.ā€ I barely ever touch that tab and checking anything new is pretty far into my process. But it clarifies why I always feel so slow compared to other regulars. Stillā€¦ I like my system.

2 Likes