What do you guys think of Ariel?

Pretty much the only name my husband and I agree on is [name]Ariel[/name]…we really like it, but i can’t help feeling like it needs to be more feminim or end in an A, there also don’t seem to be too many nicknames… We don’t like [name]Ariella[/name] and haven’t even begun to think of middle names but figuring that needs to be 3 syllables to flow.
What do you guys think of the name and does it make you instantly think of the [name]Little[/name] Mermaid, and if so- is that good or bad?

[name]Hi[/name]! :slight_smile: I do associate [name]Ariel[/name] with The [name]Little[/name] Mermaid, but I don’t think that’s a bad thing. ([name]Pam[/name] and [name]Linda[/name] wrote that a little girl would love to be named [name]Ariel[/name], and I totally agree.) I admit that it does feel kind of 1990s to me because of the movie, but I still think it’s very pretty.

If you’re not set on [name]Ariel[/name], you may also like:

[name]Ariana[/name]
[name]Ariadne[/name]
[name]Adriana[/name]
[name]Anastasia[/name]
[name]Aurora[/name]
[name]Annabelle[/name]
[name]Arabella[/name]
[name]Aurelia[/name]
[name]Bianca[/name]
[name]Camille[/name]
[name]Camilla[/name]
[name]Dahlia[/name]
[name]Emmeline[/name]
[name]Esme[/name]
[name]Juliana[/name]
[name]Jessamine[/name]
[name]Laurel[/name]
[name]Mirabelle[/name]/[name]Mirabel[/name]
[name]Marielle[/name]
[name]Miranda[/name]
[name]Rosalie[/name]
[name]Seraphina[/name]
[name]Stella[/name]
[name]Tessa[/name]
[name]Viviana[/name]/[name]Vivienne[/name]

Best wishes to you! :slight_smile:

Thanks for your input! I actually just found [name]Jessamine[/name] myself and will run it by my husband, even tho I’m sure he’ll say No :frowning: We do both like [name]Jessica[/name] but I think its too common, I’m a J and love J and A girls names, my son is also a J.
[name]Ariel[/name] is a bit 90’s but my thought is…that its a known name, yet not very common, I don’t know a soul with it…which is what I’m looking in for a name.
Does anyone know any [name]Ariel[/name]'s and if so, what are they like?

I know of two Ariels (actually, one [name]Ariel[/name] and one [name]Arielle[/name]). The [name]Ariel[/name] is very outgoing, warm, and cute, and the [name]Arielle[/name] is bright, creative, and beautiful.

Good luck! :slight_smile: