What do you hear?

I’m so torn!
Half of our friends and family are saying just to start over and the other half says that they don’t hear “i lick” at all. I don’t mean to be crazy…I just don’t want to set him up for “gay jokes” or whatever.

My hubby’s other favorite name has been [name]Asher[/name] but then there’s the whole “[name]Ash[/name] [name]Wood[/name]” thing…although we wouldn’t call him [name]Ash[/name] but others might.

[name]Do[/name] you think if we went with [name]Alec[/name] that I would think "i lick " forever or would I get over it and get used to it?

Thanks for your opinions!
[name]Tara[/name]

I mean, it would bother me, but the person who would absolutely veto the name forever is my husband. I am surprised your husband isn’t more worried about it! Anyway, I can’t tell you what to do, obviously, but my 2 cents is that I really prefer [name]Asher[/name] anyway. If you like it all the same, I think you are saving yourself a lot of second-guessing. I feel like every time someone said the name, I would be scanning the room to catch anyone snickering.

I’m afraid you’re right…that I would be worried about the snickering.

Also, we live in [name]Georgia[/name], so if there is going to be an issue with a southern drawl we’re in for it!

I think I’m going to toss around some alternates with the hubby and see what we might come up with.

I was just so relieved to have decided on a name…now I’m all anxious again :frowning:

Thanks, all, for the responses (positive and negative alike).

[name]Tara[/name]

[name]Tara[/name]–You are going to hate me, but when I hear [name]Asher[/name] [name]Wood[/name] I hear “I sure would.” I’m not trying to cause you any more stress, but I didn’t want to you think of it AFTER the baby was named, so I felt I had to point that out. Especially in [name]Georgia[/name]. That said, the teasing potential is much less than that of [name]Alec[/name] [name]Wood[/name], but if he has a drawl it could be confusing to say [name]Asher[/name] [name]Wood[/name]. You [name]WILL[/name] find the perfect name, whether it is [name]Alec[/name], [name]Asher[/name], or another great name. I think it’s fine to use either one as long as you KNOW what they could possible sound like to others. Good luck!

Vilette-

That is hilarious!!! I never thought about “I sure wood” but you are so spot on!
I only was thinking of [name]Ash[/name] [name]Wood[/name] sounding silly but you topped it! [name]Asher[/name] is not my favorite of the names we’ve tossed around but the hubby loves it so we’ve kept it in the mix. I’ll have to break it to him that there is a significant issue with that name too!

I appreciate your encouraging words. We’ll keep looking and find something great, I’m sure.

Thanks (more than you know) for pointing out the above :slight_smile:

[name]Tara[/name]