What do you like about

The [name_m]Gideon[/name_m] in the Bible makes it a hero name. He went from a simple feller (which is also the name’s meaning) to a brave leader and warrior. It’s a very strong name without being over-the-top like [name_m]Stryker[/name_m] or [name_m]Blade[/name_m]. Definitely a strong-but-silent type sort of name. One of my favorites.

Ophelia?

1 Like

a) I absolutely adore [name_m]Hamlet[/name_m], and Shakespearean plays in general
b) [name_f]Ophelia[/name_f] by The Lumineers is a bop
c) it’s very pleasing to say aloud, it really rolls of the tongue
d) unlike many similar-flowing or flowery-sounding names, it doesn’t seem frilly or princessy, but has a poetic and dramatic feel to it, which I adore

Atalanta?

1 Like

Oh, [name_f]Atalanta[/name_f] is wonderful. She’s strong and witty, bold and bright. I love the mythical ties and the distinctive sounds - there’s just something bold and brilliant about the way it flows. She’s unique but not outrageous. So pleased to see her on here!

Cressida?

1 Like

Cressida is sooo pretty! I love the association with the moon and the whole vibe (I think of the color purple for some some reason) feels very regal.

Luminara?

The meaning is wonderful, and it has a magical quality to it! I always think the -ara ending is full of feminine strength and energy.

Ziggy?

1 Like

Well I just love everything about [name_u]Ziggy[/name_u]! It’s zippy and edgy, whilst being easy to pronounce and spell. It has great associations, an awesome meaning and is probably the coolest name I know :zap:

Zakkai?

I love the sharp consonant sounds and the double “k” (I also like [name_m]Zaccai[/name_m]!) It’s strong and eccentric and very, very cool. I would love to meet a [name_m]Zakkai[/name_m].

Beatrix?

1 Like

It’s cute! It’s spunkier than [name_f]Beatrice[/name_f] While not being super common and is fun to say.

Mavis?

Mavis is cute and fairly unique, it has a lovely meaning and origin and offers a super cute nickname: Mavie!

Willow?

1 Like

I love the nature connection; willow trees are beautiful! It has a gentle, mild quality to it that I like. It grows well with a person. I also like the sound!

John?

1 Like

The simplicity of [name_m]John[/name_m], along with its rich history, beautiful look and lovely sound makes it a truly meaningful name with so many good associations.

Gabriel?

1 Like

I love the gentle sound with unexpected strength and the connotations of the name. I also think it is a versatile name that is something of a modern classic!

Alice?

2 Likes

Alice is beautiful. It’s so versatile and classic but has a cute edge at the same time. I love how [name_f]Alice[/name_f] feels bright, like the sun shining into a dark room.

Eleanor?

2 Likes

It’s a classic name, vintage feeling without sounding dated, that lends itself to a variety of great nickname options. Also not overly popular but still familiar.

What do you like about [name_u]Cassidy[/name_u]?

2 Likes

That it’s sweet but not overly frilly, I also love the fact that it’s unisex and that it gives me southern vibes.

Osiris?

Osiris is unbelievably cool. It’s powerful and mysterious because of the god, and the sound reminds me of a gemstone. I love the possible nicknames [name_m]Ozzy[/name_m] and [name_f]Iris[/name_f], and the similarity to “oasis.”

Mercedes?

Mercedes is luxurious in sound, flows beautifully. It’s warm & full of honey. Reminds me of SoHo and heels on cobble stones.

Odette?

2 Likes

The [name_f]Odette[/name_f] I know is a middle-aged ballet teacher in an seaside town. She is known to everyone as “Miss [name_f]Odette[/name_f]”, has [name_m]Dutch[/name_m] heritage, a kind heart, and an eclectic taste in genuine vintage clothes!
So [name_f]Odette[/name_f] will always remind me of this generous lady. And the [name_f]Swan[/name_f] [name_f]Queen[/name_f].
Poised, collected and distinctive.

Naomi?

1 Like

Quickly becoming one of my favorite names. It has such an elegant sound, and it’s familiar but not too common. I love both the nay-oh-mee and ny-oh-mee pronunciations, and the connection to the Biblical [name_f]Ruth[/name_f] and [name_f]Naomi[/name_f].

Jack?

3 Likes

Jack is absolutely timeless, it’s becoming more common but just doesn’t get old! It’s short and sweet and I think it could fit on pretty much anyone. I love [name_m]Jack[/name_m]!

Marian?

1 Like