What do you lot think of Frances?

I have always thought [name]Frances[/name] with the nn [name]Frankie[/name] as a cool name that will travel into adult hood with ease but am too chicken to use it. Mainly because my Da will call her [name]Frank[/name] and Beans in his typical Irish Humor.
I do not like [name]Francesca[/name] it is too long and sounds to me as an Italian name.

I like it!

I think it’s pretty.

I do like the more solid [name]Frances[/name] better than the frilly [name]Francesca[/name]. The name is pretty, no-nonsense, friendly and approachable. I think it’s definitely ready for a comeback!

I would prefer [name]Francesca[/name]. I met a little girl with this name, and it made it beautiful to me. I do like [name]Frances[/name] as well, but would not actually use it.

I love [name]Frances[/name], and I think it’s extremely versatile, like you said. [name]Frankie[/name] is a cute nickname, but I have a friend named [name]Frances[/name] who’s fine without a nickname so it’s definitely not necessary.

Honestly, I don’t think [name]Frances[/name] is cool at all. I think it sounds really outdated. I actually like [name]Francesca[/name], though, and yes, it is an Italian name. I have no idea how that could be a bad thing, though. And I don’t like the nn [name]Frankie[/name], but I like the nn [name]Francie[/name].

[name]Frances[/name] is one of my favorite names. I know two [name]Frances[/name] who are on different sides of the age spectrum, and they wear it splendidly.

I think [name]Frances[/name] is lovely. I worked with someone who named his sweet little blonde baby [name]Frances[/name] [name]Pearl[/name] and he gets constant compliments on the name. He calls her [name]Frankie[/name], which I think is adorable!

I know a [name]Frances[/name] nn-ed [name]Franny[/name], and she is late teens/early twenties. I love it!

I love it! It’s my grandma’s name, but I met a 30ish woman (who was really hip and funny) named [name]Frances[/name] who goes by “[name]France[/name]” or “[name]Francie[/name].” I had never heard those nn before, but think they’re awesome! I’d totally use this name on a future daughter, but it doesn’t sound right with our last name; such a shame.

Fantastic name. Can be professional, cute, girly and it carries well through all ages. [name]Love[/name] it!

[name]Love[/name] it. Also love the nn [name]Fan[/name].

I [name]LOVE[/name] it! Really I can not emphasize that more! While I’m not pregnant [name]Frances[/name] nn [name]Frankie[/name] is on my short list for if/when I do have a daugher. While [name]Francesca[/name] is a lovely name, I don’t think it has the same classic charm as [name]Frances[/name]. I wouldn’t worry about “[name]Frank[/name] and Beans” it sounds like your dad is a jokester, and it’s a funny/adorable nickname for a grandfather and granddaughter to share if it were to come up!

[name]Frances[/name] is my grandmother’s name and no matter how much I love my grandma, I can’t bring myself to like it. My other grandma was [name]Delores[/name], which isnt much better. She goes by [name]Fran[/name]. I’d rather use my other relatives names to honor my family when I name my kids. I think I’m a little biased as “[name]Frances[/name]” to me equals Grandma.

I love [name]Frances[/name]! [name]Francie[/name] and [name]Franny[/name] are cute nicknames, too.

[name]Love[/name] it! :slight_smile:

Sorry, but I’ve never been a fan of [name]Frances[/name]. It just sounds dowdy and unattractive. I do think [name]Frankie[/name] is a cute nickname though.

[name]Frances[/name] [name]Pearl[/name] is so beautiful!

I love [name]Frances[/name]. It was the name of my great-grandma. It’s at the top of my list for girls.