What do you really think about Claire?

My husband likes [name]Claire[/name] more than I do. I like it but I don’t like it on a little baby or girl. It’s fantasic for a woman but it seems so babyish to me. I know it’s a great classic but it just doesn’t stick to me. We both agree on [name]Caroline[/name] I think besides [name]Alison[/name] it’s the first name I came to love. ([name]Allyson[/name] is my cousin’s name though?) I also like [name]Charlotte[/name] he’s okay with it like how I feel about claire. Tell us what you think of [name]Claire[/name] most importantly and [name]Caroline[/name] and [name]Charlotte[/name]! Which would you choose?

All three names are very pretty and classic, but my favorite is [name]Caroline[/name] nn [name]Calla[/name] or [name]Callie[/name]. I love the way [name]Caroline[/name] has multiple nns and is a three syllable formal name.

[name]Hi[/name]!

I love the name [name]Claire[/name]! I think it’s elegant and sweet. I also really, really love [name]Caroline[/name] and [name]Charlotte[/name], with [name]Caroline[/name] being my favorite of the three names.

You may also like [name]Clara[/name] or [name]Cora[/name].

Good luck! :slight_smile:

[name]Caroline[/name] is my favorite. I also love [name]Claire[/name] and [name]Charlotte[/name]. It depends how each name sounds with your last name.

I love [name]Claire[/name], I think if I didn’t have a relative called [name]Clare[/name], I’d definitely use it, not that I dislike the relative, I just think that it would be quite confusing. I think [name]Claire[/name] is a beautiful classic and I’d love to meet a little baby [name]Claire[/name].

I love [name]Caroline[/name] as well, I think it sounds like a really friendly name, another classic that will never date, lots of lovely nicknames but a beautiful name on its own. I am a fan of most -ine names :slight_smile:

[name]Charlotte[/name] is also a name that I adore, it is my best friend’s middle name. I love nns [name]Charlie[/name] and [name]Lottie[/name], definitely one of my favourite classic names!

I think my favourite name you have is [name]Caroline[/name] :slight_smile:

good luck!

my name is [name]Charlotte[/name] and I love it
I mostly go by [name]Charlie[/name] but when I pull out the whole name for events everyone likes it. [name]Caroline[/name] is nice to never known one I did not like. [name]Claire[/name] just not a name I am fond of think of the accessories
store but that just maybe a Canadian chain

Honestly, i think [name]Claire[/name] is dated. There are a lot of Claires, Louises and Emmas (I’m emma) my age. The 80s threesome, in the Uk at least.

Then again, i don’t like [name]Caroline[/name] or [name]Alison[/name] either, for similar reasons, so maybe its just a clash of taste, and thus just ignore my opinion! xx

I think [name]Claire[/name] is wonderful, sweet, elegant, and classic. But, truthfully, if you don’t adore it, it’s not the name for you. [name]Caroline[/name] and [name]Charlotte[/name] are also excellent names. I really like all three. You can’t go wrong with any of them. It sounds like [name]Caroline[/name] is the name you both agree on, so I’d go with that.

If you want another suggestion, I’m really liking the name [name]Cassia[/name] (meaning cinnamon) that keeps popping up on posts here.

All in all, [name]Claire[/name], [name]Caroline[/name], and [name]Charlotte[/name] are all wonderful choices. Go with the one you both love.

I love [name]Claire[/name]! I think it is feminine and sweet and fits both a young girl and woman. My main objection is that I usually prefer longer names. [name]Charlotte[/name] is beautiful, as is [name]Caroline[/name]. I love nn [name]Caro[/name] for [name]Caroline[/name]!. If you don’t love [name]Claire[/name], I would move on and find a name both you and DH love. But imo you can’t go wrong with any of these!

Nope, i thought it was a British chain as they are everywhere here!

I think that [name]Claire[/name] is a name that is/has been popular for ages and thus don’t really think there is a strng association with the accessory store. It never crossed my mind x

[name]Claire[/name] isn’t for me, it leads to high expectations. If your daughter is a tomboy, [name]Claire[/name] leads people to think of lacey dresses and pink headbands, which is great and all, its just a name that creates a certain image in peoples heads.
Anyways, I like [name]Caroline[/name], but I always get sucked back into thinking about [name]Neil[/name] [name]Diamond[/name]…:). [name]Charolette[/name] is very pretty, and has a bit more le-way with an image. She could grow up and be edgy or college bound, it has endless possibilities.
Sidenote, my husband thinks its hilarious that I practice this but when I think I like a name, I yell the full name as if the child is in trouble (full middle and last) just to see how it flows and sounds. Your not going to want to struggle with a tongue twister when you are trying to get our child out of the street.

This is a biased vote because my name is [name]Caroline[/name] so that would be my first choice, my second would be [name]Charlotte[/name] and I don’t like [name]Claire[/name] but I do like it spelt with an ‘i’ in it.

Not the same in the US. For example, [name]Gemma[/name] was common in 80s [name]Britain[/name], but I don’t think it was in the US at all. If I were to say the US 80s threesome… [name]Jessica[/name], [name]Amy[/name] and [name]Ashley[/name].

My cousin has two daughters named [name]Claire[/name] and [name]Caroline[/name], so I always think of those names together. I think I prefer [name]Claire[/name] to [name]Caroline[/name], but [name]Charlotte[/name] might be my favorite. I’m a big nickname fan, and [name]Charlotte[/name] gives you the option of [name]Charley[/name] or [name]Lottie[/name], which is a plus to me. If you’re not into nicknames though, I’d probably say [name]Claire[/name] is my favorite… well, maybe still [name]Charlotte[/name]. And [name]Caroline[/name] isn’t far behind either of them.

I love all 3 names.

My favorite would be [name]Charlotte[/name], followed by [name]Caroline[/name] and then [name]Claire[/name]. Then again, like I said, you can’t go wrong with any.

While I want to [name]LOVE[/name] [name]Claire[/name], something feels like it is missing. I’m pretty sure it’s the 1 syllable that leaves me hanging. If you’re okay with that, then [name]Claire[/name] would be the best choice.

I think [name]Claire[/name] is sweet sounding. I also like [name]Clara[/name].

Personally, I think that all your choices ([name]Claire[/name], [name]Caroline[/name] & [name]Charlotte[/name]) are classic, feminine & wonderful choices.

Good [name]Luck[/name]!

I think [name]Claire[/name] is sweet sounding. I also like [name]Clara[/name].

Personally, I think that all your choices ([name]Claire[/name], [name]Caroline[/name] & [name]Charlotte[/name]) are classic, feminine & wonderful choices.

Good [name]Luck[/name]!

[name]Claire[/name] is a fantastic name, classic and beautiful and also edgy and not so popular.

I think [name]Claire[/name] is one of the classiest of names. It exudes understated elegance and confidence, yet is sweet and feminine. With three consonant, it is one of the fanciest and fullest one-syllable names. All the individual sounds (especially the CL and long a) are appealing to me, and together are awesome. [name]Claire[/name] happens to be my twin sister’s middle name… and I’ve always been a teensy bit jealous.

[name]Clarissa[/name] is a related name that I think would be a gorgeous choice too!

[name]Caroline[/name] is not at the top of my list, but it is a very fine classic name. If I had a dozen daughters, I might name one [name]Caroline[/name]. I know someone named [name]Carolina[/name], which is another nice version!

[name]Charlotte[/name] is a name that I have recently began to take notice of – and to realize how classically beautiful it is! It is quite high on my list of favorites.