What do you really think of Clover?

I’ve always really liked the name [name]Clover[/name] but I was wondering what everyone else truly thinks about it. Is it too cutesy?

I love the name, its cute but i think it would work on an older kid and I could see an adult [name]Clover[/name] too. Such a fresh take on [name]Chloe[/name] too which is so popular now :slight_smile:

I’m the opposite. I don’t see it aging well on an adult.

It’s cute on a kid, but I would NOT want to have to walk through life introducing myself as [name]Clover[/name].
Use it as a nickname (and it doesn’t even have to be related to the first name - you could name her [name]Emily[/name] and call her [name]Clover[/name]; it would be your special thing).

I’m used to the sound if it because I know a girl named Clova (after [name]Glen[/name] Clova, in [name]Scotland[/name]). It suits her very nicely as a young adult and everyone remembers who she is even if they’ve only met her once because her name is so unusual.

I like [name]Clover[/name].

To be honest, I think it would make a great name for a pet. But for a child … hmmm. Isn’t there an expression about taking a romp in the clover (or is it in the hay)? Anyway, I’m a little uncomfortable with [name]Clover[/name], but I definitely don’t hate it. It could grow on me.

I think that [name]Clover[/name] is a great name, but the more I think about it, I can better see it on a child than an adult.

Names that remind me of [name]Clover[/name]:

[name]Bess[/name]
[name]Clementine[/name]
[name]Cleo[/name]
[name]Frances[/name]
[name]Fern[/name]
[name]Hazel[/name]
[name]Hollis[/name]
[name]Ivy[/name]
[name]Mabel[/name]
[name]Nell[/name]
[name]Olive[/name]
[name]Pearl[/name]
[name]Poppy[/name]
[name]Ruby[/name]
[name]Ruth[/name]/[name]Ruthie[/name]
[name]Violet[/name]
[name]Willa[/name]

Good luck! :slight_smile:

I love [name]Clover[/name]! But as an unexpected middle more so than a first name. But truthfully, if [name]Daisy[/name] can work, why not [name]Clover[/name]? It actually sounds a little bit more serious. Anyway, it’s on my list of favorite middle names, along with:

[name]Poppy[/name]
[name]Ivy[/name]
[name]Daisy[/name]
[name]Posy[/name]
[name]Plum[/name]
[name]Ruby[/name]
[name]Lavender[/name]
[name]Violet[/name]
[name]Juniper[/name]
[name]Fable[/name]
[name]Blossom[/name]
[name]Lily[/name]

I can’t really think there is anything wrong with it - but it always sounds so diminutive to me. It’s a pet name, and also kind of a pet’s name. I can’t think of this name succeeding beyond the age of 4. I also don’t like [name]Daisy[/name] or [name]Poppy[/name]; [name]Daisy[/name] was our dog and I tend to think of it as perfectly suitable for a dog; unlike other people names on animals, I can’t give [name]Daisy[/name] serious consideration as anything but a dog name. “[name]Poppy[/name]” was my cousin (a boy), and I later realized his name was [name]Francis[/name] (or [name]Frank[/name], like his father), and he was called “[name]Poppy[/name]” like some are called “[name]Junior[/name].” [name]Poppy[/name] and [name]Daisy[/name] and [name]Clover[/name] sound like little nicknames a person might want to grow out of someday, and they really can’t if that’s their given name. They might love it, who knows. I’ve known adults who go by seriously juvenile nicknames, but that is still their nickname and not their given name.

I like it, and I think most flower names are very usable and age well. I also love [name]Juniper[/name] and [name]Marigold[/name], I’ve always wanted twins with those names. They would be [name]Junie[/name] and [name]Maggie[/name] for short.

It is a horse’s name.

To me, [name]Clover[/name] feels like a name you would name your pet rabbit. I’m sorry but that’s what I always conjure up when I hear it. I think it would be a cute name for a girl to carry up until middle/high school, where I would guess that she might start bearing ill feelings to her name, which you definitely don’t want. [name]Clover[/name] would be a hard name to introduce yourself as your whole life because I doubt it would age well. If you really like it, I think it would be a cool middle name.

Yep, great name for a bunny or a pony.

I think that it’s a cute name, but I have a hard time picturing Dr. [name]Clover[/name] _____ or the Honorable [name]Clover[/name] ____. Maybe it’s just because I have ben shopping for a new OBGYN recently, but it’s had me thinking about how we make those decisions. When I run a search on my insurance company’s website, I come back with dozens of names of doctors that are close to my workplace, so I have to narrow it down by pretty arbitrary factors. Not that I would automatically eliminate Dr. [name]Clover[/name], but she might not be the first one that I check out.

If I were really sold on using [name]Clover[/name], I would use it as a middle name.

I think of an animals nam when I see [name]Clover[/name]. Im sorry :S

I like it but think [name]Marigold[/name], [name]Rosemary[/name], [name]Magnolia[/name], [name]Lilly[/name], [name]Poppy[/name] & [name]Azalea[/name] age better.