What do you see in this name?

If you saw this name on you child’s kindergarten class list, what kind of person/personality would you imagine?

This one first:
[name]Tal[/name] Weisz

And/or this one:
[name]Shani[/name] Weisz

[name]Tal[/name] Weisz - I like it a lot! It feels very Hebrew/Polish to me, very striking and cool. I like [name]Talia[/name] (and [name]Tali[/name]) more than just [name]Tal[/name], but I think [name]Tal[/name] could also go by [name]Tallie[/name]/[name]Tali[/name], it’s very striking and cool.

[name]Shani[/name] Weisz - also feels very Hebrew to me–I think it feels quite sporty and lithe, but I like [name]Tal[/name] more, personally. :slight_smile:

Good luck!

I know a [name]Tal[/name]! She wears it quite well, actually. I think I prefer [name]Tal[/name] to [name]Shani[/name], but both are nice.

Thank you so much! I liked [name]Talia[/name] too, but my husband so strongly preferred [name]Tal[/name] over it. I did think it sounded strong and modern.

I’m going to show my ignorance with this one, but since I’m not familiar with it, I might as well be honest…

If I saw [name]Tal[/name], I would have no idea if it was a boy or a girl. I’d probably lean towards boy though. Maybe cause it’s kind of close to [name]Taj[/name]?

[name]Shani[/name] seems very feminine in comparison. I think I’d imagine a relatively bubbly personality, and someone who has a lot of interesting things to say.

Thanks Neuilly, [name]Tal[/name] is a name that was a boy’s name, came into use for boys and girls and now is more often a girl’s nam. But I appreciate your honest thoughts!

Interesting! Thanks for the mini-lesson. I happen to adore [name]Noa[/name], which I know most people here would think was a boy…so I certainly don’t mean that you should use [name]Tal[/name] just because on first look I would probably think boy. But I think it’s good to know what the range of reactions might be.

I’d think [name]Tal[/name] was a boy. Only heard the name on [name]Tal[/name] Bachman or as a surname
[name]Shani[/name] feels dated and cutesy

For a boy, I love [name]Tal[/name]. A girl needs more- Talita, [name]Talisa[/name], [name]Thalia[/name]

I would definitely think [name]Tal[/name] was a boy.

[name]Shani[/name] is more feminine, and with the last name, I too would assume a Eastern European/Jewish background.

I really like [name]Tal[/name], and I would assume it was a boy (and then be seriously delighted to find out it was a girl!). I think it’s a super cool name for either gender.

Thanks again. Still undecided. To the astute observers, yes it is of course Jewish. [name]Tal[/name] and [name]Shani[/name] are modern Israeli Hebrew names meaning morning dew and scarlet. Last name is Ashkenazi/Eastern European. I am mainly hoping the names won’t be perceived as too ‘weird’ and therefore negative.

My first thought when I saw [name]Tal[/name] was that it must be a nickname for [name]Talya[/name]. [name]How[/name] are you pronouncing [name]Tal[/name]? [name]Shani[/name] is nice, and I think [name]Shani[/name] is the name I prefer of the two.

Thanks so much! I think I’ll re-post it with the pronounciations: [name]Tal[/name] ([name]Tahl[/name]) and [name]Shani[/name] (Shah-nee, with emphasis on last sylable)