What do you think about Madeleine?

[name_m]Hi[/name_m] again!
I’m back with an old favourite… [name_f]Madeleine[/name_f]. I have a soft spot for [name_m]French[/name_m] names and [name_f]Madeleine[/name_f] is one of the best.
Vintage, elegant, sophisticated, graceful, pretty, gorgeous, girly, not frilly, ages well. [name_f]Do[/name_f] you agree with these? Cute nickname [name_f]Maddie[/name_f] for a little girl. I’ve loved it ([name_f]Madeleine[/name_f]) for so long!
And what are your thoughts and opinions on it?
Thank you! X

[name_f]Madeleine[/name_f] is a gorgeous name. I wouldn’t use [name_f]Maddie[/name_f] as a nn because there seems to be little Maddies everywhere, or I would probably consider it for a middle name. That is just my opinion but maybe the popularity of [name_f]Maddie[/name_f] doesn’t necessarily bother you. Maybe [name_u]Lanie[/name_u]/[name_u]Laney[/name_u] for a nn?

I love it however… I am a teacher and there seems to be a lot of Maddies around. Most of them named [name_f]Maddison[/name_f] which I really don’t like. I would name my daughter [name_f]Madeline[/name_f] with an alternative nn, that is just my opinion. If you love [name_f]Maddie[/name_f] then [name_f]Madeline[/name_f] is the perfect choice as a full name xxx

I love [name_f]Madeleine[/name_f] although I tend to lean towards the [name_f]Madeline[/name_f] spelling. But the spelling is best left, I suppose, to how you want the name pronounced. Definitely a keeper if you ask me. :slight_smile:

I like [name_f]Madeleine[/name_f] a lot (and definitely prefer the [name_f]Madeleine[/name_f] spelling!), but lately I’ve been liking [name_f]Magdalena[/name_f], [name_f]Madelief[/name_f], and [name_f]Maddalena[/name_f] better (probably in that order). I, too, am a bit over [name_f]Maddie[/name_f], but I love [name_f]Leni[/name_f] (like [name_m]Lenny[/name_m]) or [name_f]Della[/name_f] for a nn for it, or even [name_f]Addy[/name_f], although that’s probably as overused as [name_f]Maddie[/name_f] is…

I love [name_f]Madeleine[/name_f], especially with that spelling, it’s beautiful!

I am not a fan at all. Not a fan of ANY of those very similar M names.