What do you think about these names ?

I’m having a daughter and I’ve narrowed the names down to 3. When you read the name, what type of person comes to mind (profession / personality) also rate them out of 10 and which one is your favorite. Thanks !

1. [name]Amelia[/name] [name]Paige[/name]

2. [name]Eliana[/name] [name]Jade[/name]

3. [name]Scarlett[/name] [name]Mae[/name]

[name]Amelia[/name] [name]Paige[/name] is my favorite - classic and simple with a bit of spunkiness and edge. [name]Amelia[/name] would be an intelligent, warm, happy child who enjoyed being with people and playing. I could see her being very successful in any career. For some reason, I envision her in a publishing firm of some sort of journalist field, but she could just as easily be a physician. [name]Lovely[/name] name.

[name]Eliana[/name] [name]Jade[/name] is pretty, but it seems slightly childish to me, and (I feel terrible saying this) makes me think only of a Latina woman. It has excellent flow, and I like it, but I prefer [name]Amelia[/name]. [name]Eliana[/name] would be a successful woman, perhaps in fashion.

[name]Scarlett[/name] [name]Mae[/name] honestly looks a bit country to me, what with the [name]Mae[/name] and also [name]Scarlett[/name]. [name]Scarlett[/name] is a pretty name, but with this combination, I see this woman working as a bartender.

My favorite is [name]Amelia[/name]. So pretty, and it reminds me of [name]Amelia[/name] [name]Earhart[/name]! Good luck in choosing. I’m trying to choose twin names now - so tough!

I am horrible at thinking of professions and what kind of person would go with a name.
I think that all these names are pretty.

[name]Amelia[/name] and [name]Scarlett[/name] have more of a classic, older feel. But [name]Eliana[/name] seems more contemporary and modern to me.

For me, [name]Eliana[/name] [name]Jade[/name] is #1, then [name]Amelia[/name] [name]Paige[/name], then [name]Scarlett[/name] [name]Mae[/name].

Out Of 10: 8.7 [name]Amelia[/name] [name]Paige[/name]- This one is a close call with [name]Eliana[/name] [name]Jade[/name]. [name]Amelia[/name] is beautiful and the daring [name]Amelia[/name] [name]Earhart[/name] comes to mind. I see a bright, bubbly woman with a mischievous smile and who winks knowingly. One full of energy.

Out Of 10: 8.9 [name]Eliana[/name] [name]Jade[/name]- I see a woman (and child) that is all angelic and sweet but with a ‘wild side’ (courtesy of the bold [name]Jade[/name] following gentle, flowery [name]Eliana[/name].) She’s caring but strong, gentle but fierce at the same time.

Out Of Ten: 4.5 [name]Scarlett[/name] [name]Mae[/name]- I love [name]Scarlett[/name] the most of of all your names. But with [name]Mae[/name] following it (and I’m echoing what other posters said) I find it to be all country western to me. Unfortunately, [name]Scarlett[/name] [name]Mae[/name] to me is a tall farmer girl with thick blonde braids and a flannel plaid shirt with denim overalls. That’s the image the comes to mind I’m afraid.

[name]Scarlett[/name] [name]Jade[/name] or [name]Amelia[/name] [name]Scarlett[/name] would be very pretty, as well as [name]Eliana[/name] [name]Mae[/name] (all sugar there) and [name]Scarlett[/name] [name]Eliana[/name].

I love all your names except [name]Paige[/name], which I don’t like at all (sorry but that’s my opinion on the name [name]Paige[/name]. I even have a very good friend named [name]Paige[/name] and I still just can’t connect with the name)

Out Of 10: 8.7 [name]Amelia[/name] [name]Paige[/name]- This one is a close call with [name]Eliana[/name] [name]Jade[/name]. [name]Amelia[/name] is beautiful and the daring [name]Amelia[/name] [name]Earhart[/name] comes to mind. I see a bright, bubbly woman with a mischievous smile and who winks knowingly. One full of energy.

Out Of 10: 8.9 [name]Eliana[/name] [name]Jade[/name]- I see a woman (and child) that is all angelic and sweet but with a ‘wild side’ (courtesy of the bold [name]Jade[/name] following gentle, flowery [name]Eliana[/name].) She’s caring but strong, gentle but fierce at the same time.

Out Of Ten: 4.5 [name]Scarlett[/name] [name]Mae[/name]- I love [name]Scarlett[/name] the most of of all your names. But with [name]Mae[/name] following it (and I’m echoing what other posters said) I find it to be all country western to me. Unfortunately, [name]Scarlett[/name] [name]Mae[/name] to me is a tall farmer girl with thick blonde braids and a flannel plaid shirt with denim overalls. That’s the image the comes to mind I’m afraid.

[name]Scarlett[/name] [name]Jade[/name] or [name]Amelia[/name] [name]Scarlett[/name] would be very pretty, as well as [name]Eliana[/name] [name]Mae[/name] (all sugar there) and [name]Scarlett[/name] [name]Eliana[/name].

I love all your names except [name]Paige[/name], which I don’t like at all (sorry but that’s my opinion on the name [name]Paige[/name]. I even have a very good friend named [name]Paige[/name] and I still just can’t connect with the name)

Ooh, this is fun! (I have a very active imagination :slight_smile: )

[name]Amelia[/name] [name]Paige[/name] - bookish, gentle and sweet; she has pigtails. The flow is good, but not amazing … I just can’t feel the pizazz with this one - 7/10.

[name]Eliana[/name] [name]Jade[/name] - a spunky teenager, with a lot of friends. She does charity work; she’s a very nice girl. This one has the best flow, so I am going to give it 8.5/10.

[name]Scarlett[/name] [name]Mae[/name] - a 50s Hollywood Glamour Girl, she’s charismatic, friendly and happy. I adore both names, but the flow is not quite as good as that of [name]Eliana[/name] [name]Jade[/name] … that said, there is rather a proliferance of [name]Ellie[/name] nicknames at the moment, and so this also gets 8.5 out of ten.

All of your names sound like they could easily become high-powered businesswomen.

Good luck!

I have a dutch friend [name]Eliane[/name] (said like [name]Eliana[/name]), and she’s a dentist (and beautiful!).

I like [name]Eliana[/name] the best, probably because I’m familiar with it and know a nice one.

I think the name [name]Scarlett[/name] is gaining in respectability - I personally wouldn’t worry about it limiting her career choices :slight_smile:

I know [name]Amelia[/name] is becoming more and more popular but it still reminds me of the children’s novel [name]Amelia[/name] [name]Bedelia[/name] about a clumsy maid who takes everything literally.

My favorite of the three is [name]Amelia[/name] and I love the combination of [name]Amelia[/name] [name]Paige[/name].
She sounds like a very warm person, and I think of her as a teacher of small children (Ms. [name]Amelia[/name]). She sounds content.

[name]Eliana[/name] is a close second (though I think I would prefer a different middle name - [name]Eliana[/name] [name]Jade[/name] just doesn’t quite match to me).
[name]Eliana[/name] is stylish and sophisticated, though perhaps a bit aloof at times. She works in the fashion industry, or she is a magazine editor.

[name]Scarlett[/name] is not a name I would use, though I can see its appeal.
Again, though, I would change the middle name (Maybe [name]Scarlett[/name] [name]Amanda[/name]?) I see [name]Scarlett[/name] as highly dramatic - probably an actress, but definitely some type of artist.

1. [name]Amelia[/name] [name]Paige[/name]: I’ll give it a 7, because while I love the vintage [name]Amelia[/name], I picture it with a similarly vintage or classic name; [name]Paige[/name] feels too modern for me paired with [name]Amelia[/name].

With [name]Amelia[/name], I picture a perky, bright little girl who grows up to become an attorney.

1. [name]Eliana[/name] [name]Jade[/name]: 6…I think that [name]Eliana[/name] is a beautiful name, and I love how it’s used in a variety of cultures. (I’m not personally a [name]Jade[/name] fan, although I do think it capture’s [name]Eliana[/name]'s exotic feel. )

Paired with [name]Jade[/name], though, I have to admit that I think of an exotic dancer, although I also picture a news anchor with the name. (I guess I don’t have the best perceptions of the name [name]Jade[/name].)

With [name]Eliana[/name] [name]Scarlett[/name], I can picture an attorney, architect, or even a dancer (not of the exotic variety.) :slight_smile:

1. [name]Scarlett[/name] [name]Mae[/name]: 9…I love the name [name]Scarlett[/name], but paired with [name]Mae[/name] it does feel rather “country-ish” to me, which isn’t necessarily a bad thing. I picture a sweet, down-to-earth little girl who loves animals and playing with dolls, and I can see her becoming a doctor, lawyer…anything, actually!

I really like [name]Amelia[/name] [name]Scarlett[/name], too. :slight_smile:

Good luck!

For me, [name]Amelia[/name] [name]Paige[/name] is the most versatile name and could be the name of pretty much any type of person.

Without reading what anyone else has said, and based on my own preferences only:

1. [name]Amelia[/name] [name]Paige[/name]
    I like the combination of [name]Amelia[/name] [name]Paige[/name]. I think it’s very pretty. [name]Amelia[/name] [name]Paige[/name] sounds to me like a little girl who knows her own mind, maybe can be a little bossy at times, but has bags of personality and comes up with the cutest sayings and ideas. I imagine her growing up into a smart, independent young lady. I could imagine her as a lawyer or a journalist. Later, I can imagine her as one of those moms who is especially good at juggling everything.

2. [name]Eliana[/name] [name]Jade[/name]
    I also like this combination. The two names together sound a bit exotic so I picture a girl with dark hair and eyes. I can imagine her being a bit more quiet, but very bright and calm. I imagine she’d be a good friend, and would be a popular teenager. As an adult, I’m not sure what profession she’d follow, but I can imagine her being very graceful and self-possessed, with a small circle of very close friends.

3. [name]Scarlett[/name] [name]Mae[/name]
    I’ll be honest, I’m not as crazy about [name]Scarlett[/name] [name]Mae[/name]. It sounds a bit singsong, like [name]Daisy[/name] [name]Mae[/name]. (I do love the name [name]Mae[/name], but I prefer it as a first name.) Anyway, I imagine a [name]Scarlett[/name] as a fun, spunky little girl, with lots of creativity. I imagine her with lots of friends but a bit of a fiery streak (I guess the O’[name]Hara[/name] reference is a strong one!). As an adult, I imagine she’d be a lot of fun, but also have the independence and intelligence I imagined with [name]Amelia[/name].

Sorry, I think that was probably too much! [name]Just[/name] let my imagination run away with me for a moment! The truth is, though, that I think a name can change a lot depending on the person who “wears” it. For most people, I can’t imagine them being called anything other than what they are!

Good luck! Let us know what you decide!

[[name]Edit[/name]: Gosh, I can’t believe how similar my perceptions were to other posters. I realised I forgot to rate them, so I’ll give [name]Amelia[/name] [name]Paige[/name] 7.5/10, [name]Eliana[/name] [name]Jade[/name] 8.5/10 and [name]Scarlett[/name] [name]Mae[/name] 6/10]

[name]Eliana[/name] [name]Jade[/name] is my favourite - fun, feminine, flirty.

[name]Amelia[/name] seems more serious, [name]Scarlett[/name] more frivilous.

JMO of course!!

[name]Amelia[/name] [name]Paige[/name]- you could nickname her [name]Mia[/name] or [name]Milly[/name] or [name]Melia[/name] or Melie.

I really like [name]Scarlett[/name] [name]Mae[/name]. I feel like it has character. Yes, it does sound kind of country, but it’s cute. My favorite!

[name]Eliana[/name] [name]Jade[/name] is pretty but I feel like it’s a lot to live up to, if you know what I mean. [name]Eliana[/name] doesn’t have that much substance to me, I don’t know why though.

[name]Amelia[/name] [name]Paige[/name] is nice to me, but I don’t love it. For some reaosn I really [name]Emilia[/name] but not [name]Amelia[/name].

1. [name]Amelia[/name] [name]Paige[/name] - This name is soo cute. I picture a sweet brunette girl, a studying type. Really lovely to be around. I’d give it a 8 / 10. She’s a teacher.

2. [name]Eliana[/name] [name]Jade[/name] - This name sounds like a girl who has more of an attitude problem, speaks her mind, cut throat. Exotic flavor. 8/10. She’s a CEO.

3. [name]Scarlett[/name] [name]Mae[/name] - lol um I don’t like this name, it sounds too country. I’m giving it a 5/ 10. I see her working on a farm somewhere.

I think [name]Amelia[/name] is the most beautiful, strong yet sweet name there is. My grandma was [name]Amelia[/name] - the perfect lady. I would feel like I was slighting my other grandmother if I used the name for our little one - so for us, the search continues. LOL

i dont like any of them :frowning:

[name]Amelia[/name] [name]Paige[/name] - Sounds like a total sweetheart! [name]Imagine[/name] an adorable little girl with pigtails and flowing dresses then a charming kid who likes to discover new things and is very inventive ([name]Amelia[/name] [name]Earhart[/name] there) then a very together person who never gets into trouble and is quiet and contented but still with a bit of sass:) I [name]LOVE[/name] this combo and it gets a whopping 9/10 from me!

[name]Eliana[/name] [name]Jade[/name] - I can only imagine this as a very precocious toddler, the kind that gets into her mum’s makeup and smears lipstick all over her face and everywhere else then as a [name]Queen[/name] [name]Bee[/name] in high school who everyone wants to be and who is particularly loved by the boys. This girl doesn’t take any nonsense from anyone, very determined and head strong, kind of lacking in warmth. I love [name]Eliana[/name] but paired with [name]Jade[/name] gives it a more trendy feel to me so I give it 7/10.

[name]Scarlett[/name] [name]Mae[/name] - Where is the ‘country’ in this?!? This is ALL CLASS to me! I imagine a gorgeous little girl with curly hair, think [name]Shirley[/name] [name]Temple[/name] in [name]Heidi[/name], who love dancing and singing and has that little something extra. Then as headstrong, independent teenager who knows exactly what she wants and doesn’t let anything get in her way, she’s still very pretty but it hasn’t gone to her head and finally as an actress with that old hollywood beauty who is very successful. I [name]LOVE[/name] this combo and it almost ties with [name]Amelia[/name] but not quite so I give it 8/10.

Wow, sorry about the long post… lol I let my imagination run for a bit:) Good [name]Luck[/name]!