What do you think about this name.....

[name_f]Lorraine[/name_f]!

I love this name, I think it sounds sweet and ages well. But my mom thinks its too dated because she grew up with Lorraines.

I would probably use the nickname “Lo” . Maybe “[name_f]Lilo[/name_f]” as a pet name when she is really young.

What do you think about the name and the nicknames?

Whats your favourite nickname for [name_f]Lorraine[/name_f]?

Any other names similar to [name_f]Lorraine[/name_f] that you think I would like?

There is a wonderful lady in my church named [name_f]Lorraine[/name_f]. :slight_smile: I think it flows off the tongue really well, and it sounds really sweet (I had a massive crush on [name_f]Lorena[/name_f] once, which feels a bit more timeless? I [name_u]LOVE[/name_u] [name_f]Loretta[/name_f], though, and I think that’s just as dated–if not more so!–than [name_f]Lorraine[/name_f]). I think the [name_f]Lorraine[/name_f] I know is [name_f]Lorraine[/name_f] [name_f]Hope[/name_f], which I think is really beautiful, actually. If I remember, [name_f]Hope[/name_f] is her mom’s name. :slight_smile:

I think [name_f]Lora[/name_f] or [name_f]Lola[/name_f] (especially [name_f]Lola[/name_f]!) would be fun nns, or even [name_f]Raina[/name_f]. It certainly has options. I like the idea of a more modern nn to balance out the dated impression some might get. It’s not my favorite, but I do like it quite a bit, and I definitely think it has potential.

Sorry, not a fan.

[name_f]Lorraine[/name_f] is my mom’s name so it holds a special place in my heart! I think it is a lovely name. I can see it on a child because of Uptown Girls. My husband and I just bought a house and our neighbor is named [name_f]Lorraine[/name_f] but she goes by [name_f]Raine[/name_f], which is my favorite nn. I think Lo and [name_f]Lilo[/name_f] are cute nicknames too though.

It’s a lovely name :slight_smile:

I’m not a fan of [name_f]Lorraine[/name_f] at all. I’m afraid I am totally on your Mum’s side of things as I find it incredibly dated, and can only seem to see it working well on someone over fifty. [name_f]Lorraine[/name_f]'s on on level with [name_f]Shirley[/name_f], [name_f]Pauline[/name_f], [name_f]Barbara[/name_f], [name_f]Doris[/name_f], [name_f]Marjorie[/name_f] and [name_f]Patricia[/name_f] for me - names that peaked in the 1920’s/1930’s and have fallen down the charts since.

If [name_f]Lorraine[/name_f] is a family name, I do like the idea of using it, but I’d definitely prefer to see it in the middle, personally. That said, if using it as a first is all you desire, nicknames [name_u]Rain[/name_u]/e and [name_u]Lane[/name_u] might lighten it up a bit and give it a tiny touch of the modern.

I think it’s pretty. I don’t see it as totally dated, and it has a lot of nice nickname potential if your daughter wants that.

I love [name_f]Lorraine[/name_f]!

I don’t think it needs a nickname, but Lo is cute.

I really dislike [name_f]Lorraine[/name_f], it’s so very dated. My Aunt’s name is [name_f]Lorraine[/name_f] and all I can think when I hear the name, is of quiche.

I think it’s really pretty. I think of [name_f]Lorraine[/name_f] Hansberry (A Raisin in the [name_f]Sun[/name_f]), which is a great association for me. One of my favorites. I think the nicknames Lo and [name_f]Lilo[/name_f] feel current and would update it. They’re a bit cutesy, but she’d have [name_f]Lorraine[/name_f] to fall back on. I like the idea of [name_f]Raine[/name_f]/[name_f]Raina[/name_f] too. [name_f]Lori[/name_f] is cute, but would add to its dated-ness.

[name_f]Loretta[/name_f] is a great suggestion too. Lo / [name_f]Etta[/name_f].

I [name_u]LOVE[/name_u] [name_u]LOVE[/name_u] [name_u]LOVE[/name_u] [name_f]Lorraine[/name_f] (as you can see). It was my great grandmothers name (born in 1920s) and my middle name (born in 1998). And will definitely be my first daughters first name (born 20??) I love the sound and it has some really cool nicknames, along with it- [name_f]Lori[/name_f], [name_f]Lolo[/name_f], [name_f]Raine[/name_f], Lorr.

With my top name, I would use the nickname [name_f]Lori[/name_f] (to honor my mom, as well). I just love this name. It literally goes with all names. Try it out.

I read about someone using [name_f]Lorraine[/name_f] recently, and thought it was a little dated then, but it has really grown on me recently! I don’t know if I’m brave enough to use it, because I think that people would find it dated and my mom is SUPER critical of people’s name choices, but I’m still considering it! I love [name_u]Rain[/name_u]/[name_u]Rainy[/name_u] as a nickname, but your options are also nick!

It’s okay, not my style. Have you considered [name_f]Lorelei[/name_f], [name_f]Laurel[/name_f] or [name_f]Larisa[/name_f]? If you really love [name_f]Lorraine[/name_f] then of course go for it!