What do you think? Asher or Zain for a girl?

I’m due very soon with a girl, and my husband and I can’t agree on any name’s. I seem to only like “Boy” name’s, Such as [name]Asher[/name] & [name]Zain[/name]/[name]Zane[/name](These two names are at the top of my List). Her big bothers name is [name]Julien[/name] [name]Danger[/name](not original I know), and her middle name will be [name]Victory[/name] as a memorial to my father who’s name was [name]Victor[/name]. Anyone have any ideas on this, or any suggestions on names!
Other names I like:
[name]Stella[/name]
[name]Moxie[/name]
[name]Lemon[/name]-all time fav. but she would hate me!!
[name]Orlando[/name]
[name]Tuesday[/name]
Thais ([name]Thay[/name]-is)
[name]Ren[/name]
[name]Harlow[/name]
[name]Tanis[/name]
Needless to say I like unusual names!

From your list, I recommend [name]Stella[/name]!

Save the boy names for the boys, but use [name]Stella[/name] [name]Lemon[/name]/ [name]Harlow[/name] [name]Lemon[/name] as your beautiful angels name!

[name]Asher[/name] is very boy to me, I wont lie. [name]Ashton[/name], I might be able to see on a girl. [name]Julian[/name] is one of my favorite boys name but many people feel it is a little effeminate. I tell you this with no disrespect to your sons name, I love it actually, including
his middle. I would definitely steer away from names that may be too masculine for your daughter, to avoid people confusing their genders.
[name]Zane[/name] I can imagine on a little girl but it too may cause confusion.

From your list I would recommended using -
[name]Stella[/name] - really great with [name]Julien[/name]
[name]Moxie[/name] - very spunky but not the best with [name]Victory[/name] as a middle.
[name]Jett[/name] - only if it’s [name]Jetta[/name]
[name]Tuesday[/name] - I have a secret crush on this name and can’t wait to meet a little [name]Tuesday[/name].
Thais - new to me. I looked it up and found it pronounced as [name]Tay[/name]-is. I’m not sure which is right.
[name]Ren[/name] - I think this one is more often used for boys in Japan and [name]Rin[/name] is more used for girls.
[name]Harlow[/name] - cute and all girl to me now.

Suggestions -

[name]Tatum[/name] - has masculine feel but is all girl.
[name]Anja[/name]/[name]Anya[/name]
[name]Auden[/name] - a name for either sex. I love the nn [name]Audie[/name].
[name]Brynn[/name]
[name]Camden[/name] - I like it more for a boy but could work for a girl.
Then again may cause confusion.
[name]Darby[/name]
[name]Ellison[/name]
[name]Irie[/name] - Jamaican term for feeling good, everything is alright. I love this “name”.
[name]Piper[/name]
[name]Rory[/name]
[name]Noa[/name] - a girls name in [name]Israel[/name].

I love your style! Fun and fearless! [name]Moxie[/name] is one of my all time favorite [name]FAVORITE[/name] names so I have to vote for her 100%! You’re the first person I’ve ever seen consider it! I think [name]Moxie[/name] [name]Lemon[/name] is amazing. [name]Moxie[/name] [name]Victory[/name] isn’t quite as good. What about [name]Moxie[/name] [name]Victoria[/name]? [name]Julien[/name] has a traditional first and a fun middle, [name]Moxie[/name] could be the opposite. I like [name]Stella[/name] [name]Victory[/name], it sounds like a victory that happened by starlight. [name]Lemon[/name] [name]Victory[/name] seems like the lemons won the battle, and I don’t like that so much. I love the name [name]Tuesday[/name], but [name]Tuesday[/name] [name]Victory[/name] reminds me too much of a victory taking place on a [name]Tuesday[/name] and it makes me think of history class.

My vote is for [name]Moxie[/name] [name]Lemon[/name]!!! Followed by [name]Moxie[/name] [name]Victoria[/name], and then [name]Moxie[/name] [name]Victory[/name].

I could see both [name]Asher[/name] and [name]Zain[/name]/[name]Zane[/name] on a girl, but I love your girl names so much more that I just can’t get behind these. Also, I don’t really like a masculine name with brother [name]Julien[/name].

I think [name]Stella[/name] pairs beautifully with the quirky but classic [name]Julien[/name]. Are you trying to set up a bit of a clash with the two middle names, [name]Danger[/name] and [name]Victory[/name]? One is spunky and fierce, dark and mysterious, and the other is ambitious and proud, elegant and vivacious! Cool names, I must say, but do you want to go with something a bit more, well, dangerous for Miss [name]Stella[/name]'s middle name - should you decide to use the lovely [name]Stella[/name]? If not, [name]Stella[/name] [name]Victory[/name] is superb!

[name]Lemon[/name] :slight_smile:

[name]Hi[/name]! Another vote for [name]Stella[/name] with [name]Julien[/name]. I think they’re perfect with each other. :slight_smile:

Good luck! :slight_smile:

Thank you all for the feedback! [name]Stella[/name] was my First name choice when I found out I was prego, and then my mom stared calling her [name]Stella[/name] and it just annoyed me so much that I went back to the drawing board. Her middle name will be [name]Victory[/name] as a memorial to my father [name]Victor[/name]

I’m sorry that your dad passed away, and I love [name]Victory[/name] as a way to honor him. I think that [name]Stella[/name] [name]Victory[/name] is amazing, and I love how [name]Stella[/name] and [name]Julien[/name] are both vintage names, but their middles are unexpected.

Take care! :slight_smile:

[name]Stella[/name] [name]Victory[/name]
[name]Estelle[/name] [name]Victory[/name]
[name]Marjolaine[/name] [name]Victory[/name]
[name]Clella[/name] [name]Victory[/name]

Oh, I love [name]Stella[/name] [name]Victory[/name]! The names sound fantastic together!

I know [name]Stella[/name] is one of the tamer of your girl choices, and so it’s obviously going to do better on these name boards than the other more adventurous choices. I personally love unusual names, but I also agree with a pp that you need a pretty firmly feminine name for a girl since your son is named [name]Julian[/name] (which I also love, by the by-- but it is definitely a softer boy’s name). Again, no offense meant: my own son’s name is very soft, so I also feel the need to stick to clearly feminine names for any future girls.

Of your other choices, I love [name]Wren[/name] (rather than [name]Ren[/name]), and Thais, [name]Harlow[/name] and [name]Tanis[/name] are my other favorites!

Good luck to you!

I, too, vote for [name]Stella[/name] [name]Victory[/name]. It’s beautiful and strong - everything a woman wants to be :slight_smile:

And while I did take into consideration that [name]Julien[/name] might appreciate a more gender-defined name for his little sister ([name]LOVE[/name] [name]Julien[/name], btw), I absolutely love the “victory by starlight” imagery someone mentioned, so this is my favorite from your list, anyway. I also really like [name]Harlow[/name].

[name]Stella[/name] [name]Victory[/name]… I kinda wish it was my name :slight_smile:

Here are some other fun/unusual names that might appeal to you, although my vote is still with [name]Stella[/name] [name]Victory[/name]!:

[name]Marnie[/name] [name]Victory[/name]
[name]Juno[/name] [name]Victory[/name]
[name]Teagan[/name] [name]Victory[/name]
[name]Brett[/name]-[name]Ann[/name] [name]Victory[/name]
[name]Fawn[/name] [name]Victory[/name]
[name]Lyra[/name] [name]Victory[/name]
[name]Nola[/name] [name]Victory[/name]
[name]Etta[/name] [name]Victory[/name]
[name]Isa[/name] [name]Victory[/name]
[name]Sariah[/name] [name]Victory[/name]
[name]Sonora[/name] [name]Victory[/name]
Eleva (eh-[name]LEE[/name]-vah) [name]Victory[/name]
Teila (TEE-lah) [name]Victory[/name]
[name]Freya[/name] [name]Victory[/name]
[name]Odette[/name] [name]Victory[/name]

I’m voting for Thais!
I love that quirky little name!!

More quirky/offbeat names:
Alifair
[name]Angelia[/name]
[name]Hestia[/name]/[name]Vesta[/name] (my favourite Greek/[name]Roman[/name] goddess)
[name]Briar[/name]
[name]Clio[/name]
[name]Cecile[/name]
[name]Clemency[/name]
[name]Delphi[/name]
[name]Demeter[/name]
[name]Dido[/name]
Eisa
[name]Elettra[/name]
[name]Elysia[/name]
Fairamay
[name]Halcyon[/name]
[name]Hero[/name]
[name]Io[/name] (short for [name]Iolanthe[/name] or [name]Ionia[/name] perhaps?)
[name]Ismay[/name]
[name]Leoline[/name]
[name]Leontine[/name]
Lilivere
[name]Magnolia[/name]
[name]Merle[/name]
[name]Millay[/name]
Mirthe (MEER-ta)
[name]Myfanwy[/name] (muh-VAHN-wee)
[name]Persephone[/name]
[name]Wednesday[/name]
[name]November[/name]
[name]Remember[/name]
[name]Pomona[/name]
Rosenda
Rosebud
[name]Sinclair[/name]
[name]Socorro[/name]
Sunflower
[name]Thisbe[/name]
[name]Twila[/name]
Chryseis
[name]Clarabel[/name]/[name]Clarabelle[/name]
[name]Mirabeau[/name]
[name]Delta[/name]
[name]Doveva[/name] (nn [name]Dove[/name])
Edme
Eos
[name]Flora[/name]
[name]Fyfe[/name]
[name]Grier[/name]
[name]Ida[/name]
[name]India[/name]
[name]Ione[/name]
[name]Iyabo[/name]
[name]Joya[/name]
[name]Junia[/name]
[name]Liesel[/name]
[name]Lotus[/name]
[name]Lumina[/name]
[name]Lys[/name]
[name]Mabry[/name]
Milou
[name]Nola[/name]
[name]Nova[/name]
[name]Peony[/name]
[name]Sancia[/name] (SAN-chee-ah)
[name]Seneca[/name]
[name]Sorrel[/name]
[name]Tamar[/name] ([name]TAY[/name]-mar)
[name]Timea[/name] (nn [name]Timmie[/name]?)
[name]Vesper[/name]
[name]Yael[/name]

For Thais, an exotic name :slight_smile: I’ve heard it pronounced [name]Ty[/name]- is ( i- ee)
. I think that would be a lovely choice.Also, if [name]Victory[/name] (love this!) isn’t defanite [name]Victoria[/name] is another option![name]Harlow[/name] is also a very modern, cool name. I think [name]Ren[/name], or spelled [name]Wren[/name], and [name]Julien[/name] make a nice sibsit. So, my vote goes to [name]Ren[/name] or [name]Harlow[/name]… [name]Harlow[/name] [name]Victory[/name] or [name]Ren[/name] [name]Victory[/name]? Hard choice to make!

Other names that might interest you:
[name]Eliza[/name]
[name]Brynn[/name]
[name]Rae[/name]/[name]Ray[/name]

[name]Stella[/name] [name]Victory[/name] is all kinds of cool, and seems perfect with big brother [name]Julien[/name] [name]Danger[/name]. [name]Love[/name] it!

[name]Stella[/name] [name]Victory[/name] is a beautiful name, but I wonder if it’s a little too mainstream for you? I have a soft spot for [name]Tuesday[/name]. [name]Tuesday[/name] [name]Victory[/name] doesn’t have the best flow though. [name]Tuesday[/name] [name]Victoria[/name] or even [name]Tuesday[/name] [name]Victor[/name] might be better. I also like pp’s suggestion of [name]Wren[/name] rather than [name]Ren[/name]. [name]Wren[/name] [name]Victory[/name] is a beautiful name.

As for [name]Asher[/name] and [name]Zain[/name] - I don’t like them. [name]Asher[/name] is so definitely a boys name (and actually pairs well as a brother to [name]Julian[/name]) that I can’t see a female [name]Asher[/name]. Would [name]Asha[/name] work for you? [name]Asha[/name] [name]Victory[/name] works well imo. [name]Zain[/name], while I can see it on a girl, just reminds me of the word zany.

I absolutely love boy names for girls. My name is [name]Austen[/name], which is traditionally a boy name, and I love my name! I really like [name]Zane[/name] for a girl. But I absolutely love [name]Harlow[/name]. That is actually my number one pick for my daughter’s name, but my husband can’t stand it so I’ll prolly never get to use it. So I’d say go for [name]Zane[/name] or [name]Harlow[/name]!

Well good on you being willing to name your child something different!! Too many boring names out there.
I grew up with a lovely girl called [name]Asher[/name] so to me it is a girls name. [name]Zain[/name] Im not so keen on for a girl but I do love Z names for girls. Perhaps [name]Zuri[/name] or Zuria or [name]Zara[/name]?
I like the name [name]Tuesday[/name] or [name]Stella[/name] not so keen on the rest but mainly because of what they make me think of i.e. [name]Harlow[/name] makes me think of harlet!
All the best in deciding!!

[name]Stella[/name] [name]Victory[/name] is my favorite, and definitely one of the coolest names I’ve heard on this site.