What do you think of Christopher Tanner "Topher?"

See the results of this poll: Christopher Tanner "Topher?"

Respondents: 19 (This poll is closed)

• Yay : 10 (53%)
  • Nay: 9 (47%)

I agree that [name_m]Christopher[/name_m] [name_m]Tanner[/name_m] flows a little weirdly, but I like the nickname [name_m]Topher[/name_m] so I still voted Yay.
You can never tell if nicknames will get out of hand, but even if he will go by [name_u]Chris[/name_u] at school later, you can still call him [name_m]Topher[/name_m] at home.

I love [name_m]Christopher[/name_m] with your sons’ names and I love the nn [name_u]Kit[/name_u] and think it would be great with the brother names. I have been trying not to say this because I don’t like being negative but then I saw that you are a teacher… So you know about associations and can put this in context. I taught a young “[name_m]Topher[/name_m]” who was given to trying too hard to be different, not always in good ways, and so that has influenced my response to this name. For what it’s worth (probably not much).

For what it’s worth, I’d automatically nn [name_m]Christopher[/name_m] as ‘[name_u]Chris[/name_u]’, as that’s all I’ve heard in my everyday life. I’m not a huge fan of the nn [name_m]Topher[/name_m], but I’d call someone that if that’s what they introduced themselves, along with any other alternative nn.

I voted no simply because I don’t think [name_m]Christopher[/name_m] [name_m]Tanner[/name_m] flows well. Too many competing sounds in the middle, sounds kind of muddled to me.

I like the name [name_m]Christopher[/name_m] [name_m]Tanner[/name_m], but the nn [name_m]Topher[/name_m] kind of reminds me of “toe fur” which is off putting to me (personally). I [name_u]LOVE[/name_u] the idea of [name_u]Kit[/name_u] as a nickname but im pretty sure it would get shortened to [name_u]Chris[/name_u] automatically. However, usually in school and etc kids have an opportunity to say “hey I go by this nn” and it’s usually fine :slight_smile:

I totally agree that [name_u]Kit[/name_u] is better than [name_m]Topher[/name_m]. It’s true that most kids say the nickname or another name they are called more often on the first day of school. Some kids don’t go by a nickname and therefore have their nickname given to them by a teacher or student. My name is [name_f]Jessica[/name_f] and my youth pastor has always called me [name_u]Jess[/name_u]. However, my boyfriend does call me [name_f]Jessi[/name_f] as well. My parents generally call me by my full name and until a few years ago I never really had a nickname I preferred. [name_m]Even[/name_m] if you call your child [name_u]Kit[/name_u] or [name_m]Topher[/name_m], your child may decide they don’t like that name and want to be called something else or a friend might still end up giving them a different nickname.