What do you think of Crew Matthew?

Finding a middle name for [name]Crew[/name] is not an easy task (especially since I’m picky when it comes to boy’s names). Our last name is two syllables: W____er.

So, what do you think? [name]Crew[/name] [name]Matthew[/name] W____er? Too rhymey? We really want a traditional name in the middle spot (or a meaningful name), and the only more traditional names I like are [name]Matthew[/name], [name]James[/name], and [name]Nicholas[/name]. We both like [name]Maddox[/name] ([name]Crew[/name] [name]Maddox[/name] W____er) but that gives two names that aren’t traditional and don’t have any sentimental meaning either. There’s no family names that would work (without hurting the other grandpa’s feelings) so I was thinking of looking for a [name]German[/name] name because our kids are/will be 1/4 german, but I haven’t found a worthy one yet. Any [name]German[/name] mn suggestions?

My son’s name is [name]Boston[/name] [name]Nicholas[/name] W____er. [name]Do[/name] you think [name]Crew[/name] [middle name undetermined] would work well with [name]Boston[/name]?

Thanks for all the help!

I think [name]Crew[/name] fits with [name]Boston[/name] but I don’t like how it flows with a last name starting with W. I would definitely not use [name]Matthew[/name] since [name]Crew[/name] and [name]Matthew[/name] rhyme. If you and DH both love [name]Maddox[/name], I think I prefer it over [name]Crew[/name]. [name]Maddox[/name] [name]James[/name] W__?

Haha I was just thinking about your other post and was wondering if you still like [name]Crew[/name] [name]Matthew[/name] lol
I love all the choices…[name]Crew[/name] [name]Matthew[/name] and [name]Crew[/name] [name]James[/name]…since you mentioned [name]Nicholas[/name], what about this thought…I’ve known a few families who give all the boys their fathers first name as a middle name. I really like that idea. Its not for everyone, but I do think its sweet…especially for you since you just love the name anyway.
We are planning on giving our boys (if we are blessed with boys) the second middle name [name]Robert[/name] since they will be 4th generation.maybe you could also do that…[name]Crew[/name] [name]Matthew[/name] [name]Nicholas[/name] or [name]Crew[/name] [name]James[/name] [name]Nicholas[/name].
To answer your question, [name]Crew[/name] [name]Matthew[/name] W___er does have alot of w but it’s not a bad thing and no reason not to use it:)

I do still like it! Like I said… my brain keeps coming back to it! People either say, “No, it’s terrible you can’t do that combo,” or they say, “It sounds okay - if you like it, go for it.” There’s really no in between!

Also, now two people have said that [name]Crew[/name] is a little difficult to say with our last name (I don’t think it’s TOO bad though). I keep rolling it around in my head, but I think I love the name enough to use it anyway. Hmmm…

As for using [name]Nicholas[/name] again, I would love to! It’s my favorite name of all time. The only problem is that it took a lot of convincing to get my DH to let me use his name the first time. I’m not sure if he’d let me do it again. I can try though!

I like [name]Crew[/name], but I much prefer the spelling [name]Crewe[/name]. I’m not so fond of the rhyme of [name]Crewe[/name] [name]Matthew[/name]. What about

[name]Crew[/name] [name]William[/name]
[name]Crew[/name] [name]Gregory[/name]
[name]Crew[/name] [name]Patrick[/name]
[name]Crew[/name] [name]Alexander[/name]
[name]Crew[/name] [name]Gabriel[/name]
[name]Crew[/name] [name]Elliott[/name]

But from the ones you like, [name]Crewe[/name] [name]James[/name] and [name]Crewe[/name] [name]Nicholas[/name] sound great too.

Good luck!

It rhymes too much for me

I like [name]Crew[/name] with your son [name]Boston[/name]'s name but [name]Crew[/name] [name]Matthew[/name] doesn’t work at all for me. Too rhymey and I think the flow is just off.

Okay, thanks. If we use it I think we’ll use [name]James[/name], [name]Benjamin[/name], or [name]Nathaniel[/name]. I’m not a huge fan of [name]Benjamin[/name] or [name]Nathaniel[/name], but they have nice meanings and they sound nice with [name]Crew[/name].

My husband has recently informed me that he likes the name [name]Oakley[/name] for a boy. What do you think of this one? I had it on my long list of boy names, but bringing it to the front of the list with [name]Crew[/name] takes some guts. I love the meaning - from the oak tree field - and it makes me think of the sunglasses.

[name]Crew[/name] [name]Benjamin[/name] sounds nice! I’ve always really liked the name [name]Benjamin[/name], but would never use it as a first since it is so common/popular. I love the way it sounds, though…it’s great with [name]Crew[/name]! As for [name]Oakley[/name], hmm…I don’t hate it. I think, actually, that it could really grow on me. And definitely if the first time I heard it was when I saw it on a baby, I would think it was adorable I’m sure. :slight_smile: Everything changes a little once there is a little one with the name. Opinions aren’t nearly so harsh and things come into light better. :slight_smile: Good luck!

I’d agree that [name]Crew[/name] [name]Matthew[/name] is too rhymey… what about [name]Crew[/name] [name]Matthias[/name]? A more unusual name, but still traditional. Since [name]Crew[/name] is one syllable, I like a middle name with two or more syllables - just sounds better to me.

Below are all the translations of [name]Matthew[/name] in other languages

* Danish: [name]Mads[/name]
* Dutch: Mathijs, [name]Matthijs[/name]
* French: [name]Mathieu[/name]
* [name]German[/name]: [name]Matthias[/name], [name]Matt[/name]”us
* Greek: ???????? ([name]Matthaios[/name])
* Hebrew: ??????? (Matityahu)
* Irish: Maiti”, [name]Maitias[/name]
* Italian: [name]Matteo[/name]
* Polish: [name]Maciej[/name], [name]Mateusz[/name]
* Portuguese: [name]Mateus[/name]
* Russian: ?????? ([name]Matvei[/name], [name]Motya[/name], [name]Motka[/name])
* Scottish: [name]Matha[/name], [name]Mata[/name]
* Spanish: [name]Matias[/name], [name]Matheo[/name], [name]Mateo[/name], [name]Matejo[/name], [name]Teo[/name]
* Swedish: [name]Mats[/name]

However, I suggest [name]Crew[/name] [name]Martin[/name] I think that this name adds to [name]Crew[/name] whereas [name]Matthew[/name] is just there.