What do you think of Dana?

I’ve realised, that I really enjoy unisex names on boys and [name]Dana[/name] is my newest attraction.

What are your thoughts on the name? And any middle suggestions?
I think a really masculine name is required, or something super charming a la [name]Brooks[/name] or [name]Jensen[/name].

[name]Dana[/name] is a little too feminine for me. What about [name]Dane[/name]? That’s one of my favorites. It’s strong and sensitive at the same time.

Although, I tend to prefer very masculine names, I don’t see anything wrong with [name]Dana[/name]. I have heard of more male Danas that female. For example Dana White and Dana Carvey.

[name]Dana[/name] sounds completely feminine to me. If I heard of a [name]Dana[/name] [name]Theodore[/name], for example, I would assume that it was a girl with a boy’s middle name rather than a boy with a girl’s first name. I much prefer [name]Dane[/name] or [name]Dan[/name]/[name]Daniel[/name].

I think it is more feminine.

I think of it as more of a girls name, honestly. If I heard the name I would 100% assume (and hope) the bearer was female.

I didn’t even know it was a boy’s name! I definitely think of it as a girl’s/feminine name.

Not my style, but I like it better than any of the popular names like [name]Jackson[/name] or [name]Mason[/name]. I know three Danas, two of whom are females between 20-28 years old, and one of whom is a middle-aged man in his fifties. The man actually has a brother with a unisex name as well that you may also like: [name]Jody[/name].

While I know that technically [name]Dana[/name] can be used for boys, I’ve only known female Danas in real life. Overall, I find the name a bit too dated and feminine to use on a boy. I think that [name]Dane[/name] would be a really nice, masculine alternative though.

It’s not my style (sorry), and the only [name]Dana[/name] I know was female. So to me it’s totally girl or very dated male name.

i know too many girls with that name and honestly i associate dana with a girl… i have heard it as a boys name it just seems more female to me… its like amy which i think sounds better on a girl… i have a guy cousin named amy though… it all depends on you and your style really…

[name]Dane[/name] is nice! It reminds me of [name]Dean[/name].

Oh that’s funny, [name]Jody[/name] is my SO’s dad’s name. :stuck_out_tongue:

I know that [name]Dana[/name] can be used for boys (especially a couple decades ago), but really it’s 100% girl to me, and a dated girls name at that. [name]Dane[/name] is nice, I have a cousin named this! very strong and handsome.