What do you think of Eli

What do you think of when you hear the name [name]Eli[/name]? I’m looking for immediate first impressions, and any other comments you might have.

We’re planning to name our son [name]Eli[/name] [name]Benjamin[/name], so far we both like this name, and I just wanted to “test run” it by someone other than myself and DH :slight_smile:

I love the name! My impression is formed based on the [name]Eli[/name] I knew growing up. I’m pretty sure he was just [name]Eli[/name]. He was the good humored, slightly-rebellious boy at camp. [name]Elias[/name] is actually on my very short list ([name]Elias[/name] is a family name). I like that [name]Eli[/name] is laid back with out ending in the “ee” sound.

I like it! We’re considering [name]Elliot[/name], and if we use it I will most likely be using [name]Eli[/name] as a nn (so I may be slightly biased)!

Thanks for your feedback! We considered [name]Eli[/name] as a nn to [name]Elliot[/name], [name]Elias[/name], and [name]Elijah[/name], but we like the sound of [name]Eli[/name] so much that we decided to stick with that as a full fn, especially with our longer mn!

Oh [name]Eli[/name] is one of my favourite Biblical names and I really like your choice of [name]Benjamin[/name] as a middle name. Two old classic names together is unbeatable! I’ve always liked the combination of [name]Eli[/name] [name]Perry[/name] too! Good luck!

I have an [name]Eli[/name] [name]Jacob[/name]–just “[name]Eli[/name].” So of course we love it! It’s a fabulous name!

I love [name]Eli[/name] [name]Benjamin[/name]!. The associations i make with the name [name]Eli[/name] are; wise, friendly, strong, and confident; which are all very important qualities. I hope this helps.