What do you think of Eulalie?

[name]Eulalie[/name] is probably the most “out there” name on my favourites list, everyone I’ve asked about it seems to think it’s completely silly, but I like it’s sweet sing-songy vibe.
What do you think of it? [name]Do[/name] you like [name]Eulalie[/name] or [name]Eulalia[/name] more? What middle names would you put with [name]Eulalie[/name]?

Thanks,
[name]Mim[/name].

I love [name]Eulalie[/name], and personally prefer it to [name]Eulalia[/name]. Sweet, sing-song, old fashioned and completely feminine and pretty.

[name]Eulalie[/name] [name]Clementine[/name]
[name]Eulalie[/name] [name]Pearl[/name]
[name]Eulalie[/name] [name]Grace[/name]
[name]Eulalie[/name] [name]Violet[/name]
[name]Eulalie[/name] [name]Mabel[/name]
[name]Eulalie[/name] [name]Thea[/name]
[name]Eulalie[/name] [name]Nora[/name]

I think it’s rather sweet. I think the issue most people will have is that it sounds like ukulele, the instruement.

I prefer [name]Eulalie[/name]. Such a lovely name!

I think [name]Eulalie[/name] is gorgeous. Its just such a sumptuous, ethereal, hauntingly beautiful name. I have always pronounced it U-lally and i much prefer it to [name]Eulalia[/name]. [name]One[/name] of my ultimate guilty pleasure combos is [name]Eulalie[/name] Rosebud.

Honestly, it sounds a little awkward to say in my opinion. But it is cute!

I love it! I do slightly prefer [name]Eulalia[/name] because it feels a bit more complete to me. I usually like shorter versions, but this is an exception :slight_smile:

It sounds like gargling to me. I don’t like it at all. Gibberish.

When I said it the first thing that came to my mind was eulogy since they sound similar. My biggest fear would be that people would always spell her name wrong or mispronounce it. That can be rather annoying for a child.

[name]Love[/name] [name]Eulalie[/name]! It’s my daughter’s name. So far, we have gotten lots of compliments. Only one person has mentioned ukulele and no one has had any trouble pronouncing it.

I quite like [name]Eulalie[/name] (not sold on Eulialia though). It does make me think of the mayor’s wife in the musical “The [name]Music[/name] [name]Man[/name]” ([name]Eulalie[/name] Mackecknie Shinn), but that is a pretty obscure reference unless you’re into musical theatre. :slight_smile:

I like [name]Eulalie[/name] and I do think its pretty, but it’s a mouthful for me to say ([name]Eulalia[/name] presents even more of a problem). Its not a name I would want to say a hundred times a day for the rest of my life, it would just be too much work to say all the time to a child. It makes me think of eulogy rather than ukulele.

I have a 2 year old [name]Eulalie[/name]. We pronounce her name yoo-lay-lee (I’d prefer a ukelele reference over eulogy association any day!). She is always complimented on her name, people are usually quite fascinated by it and ask a lot of questions about the origins etc. We quite often call her by her nickname Lalie, which is very sweet on a little girl.

Honest first impression, as I’d never heard it before: don’t like it. [name]Don[/name]'t prefer the opening “U” sound, all the vowels, confusing to spell, that “eu” beginning makes me think of words, not names (eulogy, euphemism, ukelele, etc). [name]Eulalia[/name] is worse because it’s another whole vowel, another whole syllable to add to the confusion!

Maybe the kind of name that grows on you? The Lalie nn is sweet, I’ll give you that.

I really like [name]Eulalie[/name]. I sort of like [name]Eulalia[/name] more (it’s a bit more lyrical to me) but both are beautiful. [name]Saint[/name] [name]Eulalia[/name] is the patron saint of runaways, torture victims and widows (and the [name]Sunday[/name] School girl in me likes it for that.)
With [name]Eulalie[/name], I would pair something a bit more common, but just as romantic.
[name]Eulalie[/name] [name]Sophia[/name]
[name]Eulalie[/name] [name]Beatrix[/name]
[name]Eulalie[/name] [name]Margaret[/name]
[name]Eulalie[/name] [name]Guinevere[/name]
[name]Eulalie[/name] [name]Delphine[/name]

I like [name]Eulalie[/name] in theory but in practice I think it may be difficult to live with. I would personally love to meet a little girl called [name]Eulalie[/name]!

i’m in love with [name]Eulalie[/name]!! (You-lay-lee) I just can’t seem to shake it. it’s whimsical and melodic and “Lalie” is super sweet! We just found out we are expecting and it’s at the top of my girl list. Have you thought of middle names yet?

Here are a few combinations we have on our list so far…

[name]Eulalie[/name] [name]Marie[/name] (husband’s late grandmother’s name)
[name]Eulalie[/name] [name]Luna[/name]
[name]Eulalie[/name] [name]Fleur[/name]
[name]Eulalie[/name] [name]Honora[/name]
[name]Eulalie[/name] [name]Plum[/name]
[name]Eulalie[/name] [name]Adelaide[/name]
[name]Eulalie[/name] [name]Rae[/name] (family name)

I absolutely love both [name]Eulalie[/name] and [name]Eulalia[/name] but can’t use them because of a surname conflict. I think they are both very easy to say actually once you understand it is pronounced you-lay-lee and not you-lol-ee which it seems a lot of the negative posters on here are having an issue with. It’s so gorgeous and sing songy. The perfect name for a little girl.