What do you think of Field?

Hey berries, I’ve been considering the name [name_m]Field[/name_m] for a while now, do you think it’s too strange? I love [name_m]Forest[/name_m] for a boy, but what do you think of [name_m]Field[/name_m]?

I’ve never heard of or met someone with this name, or even thought of it, but I like it! [name_m]Even[/name_m] though it would be a very uncommon name, I don’t get the impression of it trying too hard to be unique. If anything, it would complement other word and nature names that seem to be growing in popularity. I could also see [name_m]Field[/name_m] being unisex although I like the sound of it better for a boy. A somewhat more traditional or common name with a vowel beginning would be perfect for a middle.

[name_m]Field[/name_m] [name_m]Ambrose[/name_m]
[name_m]Field[/name_m] [name_m]Alaric[/name_m]
[name_m]Field[/name_m] [name_u]Emmett[/name_u]
[name_m]Field[/name_m] [name_u]Ellis[/name_u]
[name_m]Field[/name_m] [name_u]Elliott[/name_u]
[name_m]Field[/name_m] [name_u]Emery[/name_u]
[name_m]Field[/name_m] [name_u]Emerson[/name_u]
[name_m]Field[/name_m] [name_u]Everett[/name_u]
[name_m]Field[/name_m] [name_m]Oliver[/name_m]

[name_m]Field[/name_m] is interesting. It has a strong but refreshing sound

It’s not bad, but I don’t love it.
Unlike [name_m]Forest[/name_m], the first thing that comes to mind isn’t the nature meaning of field, but the meaning of “a particular branch of study or sphere of activity or interest.” I’m also not crazy about the lack of nicknames.
Still, I think it’s definitely a usable choice in 2019.

Thanks berries!

I prefer [name_m]Fielder[/name_m] or [name_m]Fielding[/name_m]. [name_m]Field[/name_m] just feels a bit… prosaic, as an object to be named after. It’s got that rugged, unusual appeal, though — maybe I’m just not cool enough!

[name_f]Fjord[/name_f]?

Update: I agree! I’m over the name now. [name_u]Fjord[/name_u] is pretty cool but I’m not sure how it would work here in [name_u]America[/name_u] :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Here’s another name with a similar sound and meaning that I’m rapidly falling in love with…

Fenn :heart_eyes:

1 Like

Ooh, that’s a handsome name!