What do you think of Jenya?

Hey berries! So I recently discovered the name Jenya, which means truth or noble, and I personally love the way it sounds. My mother’s name is [name_f]Jennifer[/name_f], so I could use it as a way to honor her. I was also thinking of using it as middle name. Anyways, what do you think of it?

As a middle name, I think it’s unique and strong! I’m not a personal fan of the “ya” sound, but that’s just me. I hadn’t heard of Jenya before, it reminds me of [name_f]Sonya[/name_f]. It reminds me of [name_f]Jenna[/name_f] as well, which could be another way of honouring your mother?

Thanks for the feedback. [name_f]Jenna[/name_f] is nice but I prefer Jenya.

Jenya reminds me a tiny bit of Jenga but it also has an appealing sound. It reminds me a bit of [name_f]Anya[/name_f] which i like so i think it could definitely grow on me

Jenya is pretty cute

Jenya is a russian nickname for full name Evgeniya ([name_f]Eugenia[/name_f]). There, it’s pronounced with a zh sound, not dz - Zhenya.

First thing that came to mind was [name_u]Kenya[/name_u]. Then Jenga.
I think it’d be fine as a middle name, though I wouldn’t use it as a first name as [name_f]Jen[/name_f]- names are all pretty dated at the moment. I like the sound of [name_f]Anya[/name_f], [name_f]Aine[/name_f], [name_f]Oona[/name_f], [name_f]Xenia[/name_f] or Lenya more, but like I said Jenya isn’t bad.

I also like [name_f]Genevieve[/name_f] but I’d use [name_f]Jennavieve[/name_f] instead.

I did immediately think to Jenga, and [name_u]Kenya[/name_u], however, it doesn’t have a bad sound at all, and I think it’d work well as a middle name to honour your mother. I’d definitely prefer Jenya, to [name_f]Jennavieve[/name_f] (as you mentioned above), though I must say that I would prefer [name_f]Guinevere[/name_f] (which would work beautifully to honour a [name_f]Jennifer[/name_f]) to both.

Hey there! I’m a bearer of this name. It’s quite popular in Eastern Europe, a shortened version of [name_f]Eugenia[/name_f]. It’s considered to be a unisex name. My 2 cents - people are prone to confuse it with [name_f]Jenna[/name_f], [name_f]Jenny[/name_f] and all sorts of “[name_f]Jen[/name_f]-“ names that are more familiar to the ear.

Update: [name_f]Guinevere[/name_f] is a great idea! In the end, I decided to scrap Jenya and [name_f]Jennavieve[/name_f]. I prefer [name_f]Genevieve[/name_f] now.