What do you think of Joanna?

Hi, Berries! What’s your opinion on the name [name_f]Joanna[/name_f]? [name_f]Do[/name_f] you think it is outdated? Which is your preferred spelling: [name_f]Joanna[/name_f] or JoAnna? What are some other names that vibe well with [name_f]Joanna[/name_f]?

To me [name_f]Joanna[/name_f] does seem a little dated, but not as dated as [name_f]Joann[/name_f].

2 Likes

I like [name_f]Joanna[/name_f] but prefer [name_f]Johanna[/name_f]!

1 Like

I love [name_f]Joanna[/name_f]! It doesn’t seem too dated to me at all. I think it’s beautiful, and I can picture it on a girl of any age. I personally prefer the [name_f]Johanna[/name_f] spelling though. I’m not a fan of JoAnna, that makes it feel more dated to me.

I adore [name_f]Joanna[/name_f]! It was one of my favorite names when I was a child. I still love it, but know too many in my country, so I’m not going to use it. However, I always encourage other people to choose it.
[name_f]Joanna[/name_f] sounds regal, elegant and powerful. [name_f]Joanna[/name_f] has many nicknames alternatives, it’s international and beautiful!
I also like the spellings [name_f]Joana[/name_f] and [name_f]Johanna[/name_f], but I don’t like JoAnna, sorry.

1 Like

I like it and love the [name_f]Joanna[/name_f] spelling!

1 Like

I prefer [name_f]Johannah[/name_f] for its back to the roots aspect.

I like [name_f]Joanna[/name_f]- it has lots of great nn potential.

My [name_f]Sister[/name_f]’s name is [name_f]Joanna[/name_f], so I am rather biased in my feelings towards it. I find it a very strong, fiery, elegant, intellectual, confident name which is not very common at all where I live.

I like [name_f]Joanna[/name_f], not a fan of JoAnna though. I prefer [name_f]Johanna[/name_f] because I think it feels a bit more modern

1 Like

Same here, mostly for the [name_m]Bob[/name_m] [name_u]Dylan[/name_u] song.

I’m not keen on [name_f]Joanna[/name_f] as I do feel it is a bit dated. I know quite a lot of [name_f]Joanna[/name_f]’s, including young children & teens, so it can be used now but isn’t to my taste. I do like [name_f]Anna[/name_f] though.

I used to be indifferent with [name_f]Joanna[/name_f], but the name is growing on me! I think is soft, familiar and down-to-earth. It has a lot of nickname possibilities, also. A [name_f]Joanna[/name_f] can go by [name_u]Jo[/name_u], [name_f]Anna[/name_f], [name_f]Annie[/name_f], [name_u]Joan[/name_u], [name_u]Jodie[/name_u], [name_m]Jack[/name_m], [name_u]Jay[/name_u], [name_u]Jojo[/name_u]… I prefer [name_f]Joanna[/name_f] over JoAnna (in fact, I don’t like JoAnna)

I adore [name_f]Joanna[/name_f]! It’s a beautiful name :slight_smile:

I really like [name_f]Joanna[/name_f], there’s a certain charm about it that i think would suit all ages. [name_f]Joanna[/name_f] feels sophisticated and classy but also bubbly and excitable. Plus there are so many good nickname options that give it that ‘cute’ feeling for a baby/child ‘[name_u]Jojo[/name_u]’ ‘[name_u]Jodie[/name_u]’ ‘[name_f]Annie[/name_f]’ ‘[name_f]Anna[/name_f]’ etc.
I also really like the [name_f]Johanna[/name_f] spelling but it doesn’t sound as good in my accent as [name_f]Joanna[/name_f] does. It definitely doesn’t feel ‘dated’ to me :slight_smile:

I agree. But I really like [name_f]Joanna[/name_f]! It has a very sweet, homespun vibe. :slight_smile:

[name_f]Joanna[/name_f] is absolutely lovely! Not dated at all imo! I also love [name_f]Johanna[/name_f] pronounced [name_m]Joe[/name_m]-hah-nah.

I’m a fan of [name_f]Joanna[/name_f]!

Joanna is sweet! It’s not my style but I’d be delighted to meet a little [name_f]Joanna[/name_f]!

I like [name_f]Joanna[/name_f] (my preferred spelling), but it feels a bit dated to me, especially when the nn [name_u]Jo[/name_u] is used! However, the nn [name_u]Joey[/name_u] for a girl feels fresh and spunky! Maybe [name_f]Joanna[/name_f] could work as a long form for [name_u]Joey[/name_u] :slight_smile: