What do you think of Kit Barnaby?

Hello,

I’m back and 14 weeks pregnant with my third baby! [name_u]Baby[/name_u]’s gender will be unknown until birth but I have no problems with girls names! Find boys names so difficult. At the moment our favourite is [name_u]Kit[/name_u] and middle name [name_m]Barnaby[/name_m] to honor a close friend of ours. Full name possibly [name_m]Atticus[/name_m]…

Does [name_u]Kit[/name_u] [name_m]Barnaby[/name_m]/ [name_m]Atticus[/name_m] [name_m]Barnaby[/name_m] work?

Siblings are [name_m]Theodore[/name_m] [name_m]William[/name_m] ‘[name_u]Teddy[/name_u]’ and [name_f]Isobel[/name_f] [name_f]Autumn[/name_f] ‘[name_f]Belle[/name_f]’

Please feel free to suggest any alternatives :slight_smile: Thanks xx

5 Likes

I love [name_u]Kit[/name_u] on its own but also like the idea of [name_m]Theodore[/name_m] and [name_f]Isobel[/name_f]’s sibling having a full name too. [name_m]Atticus[/name_m] [name_m]Barnaby[/name_m] is fantastic!

2 Likes

Welcome back and congratulations!

I love [name_u]Kit[/name_u] [name_m]Barnaby[/name_m] — such a fun, bouncy combo :slight_smile:

Normally I’d be all for [name_u]Kit[/name_u] as a full name, but looking at those sibling names I think it would be nice to continue the pattern of longer, formal name + cute nickname. [name_m]Atticus[/name_m] [name_m]Barnaby[/name_m] is very handsome too.

3 Likes

I think that [name_m]Atticus[/name_m] ‘[name_u]Kit[/name_u]’ [name_m]Barnaby[/name_m] is divine and fits beautifully with your other children’s names

Congratulations!! :yellow_heart:

I’m a sucker for both [name_u]Kit[/name_u] and [name_m]Atticus[/name_m], so I absolutely love this! I agree with the others that, with the baby’s sibling, they should have a full name. I think [name_m]Theodore[/name_m], [name_f]Isobel[/name_f], and [name_m]Atticus[/name_m] together sound wonderful!!

Oh my, [name_u]Kit[/name_u] [name_m]Barnaby[/name_m] is so swoonworthy :heart_eyes: such a handsome combo!!
I agree with other posters that with siblings [name_m]Theodore[/name_m] and [name_f]Isobel[/name_f], [name_m]Atticus[/name_m] fits in perfectly!
Although, I think you could use just [name_u]Kit[/name_u] as well, if that feels more right (especially if your other children go by their nicknames often).

Good luck! :slightly_smiling_face:

Kit [name_m]Barnaby[/name_m] is so handsome! I love it! I think with your kids I’d probably use [name_m]Atticus[/name_m] nn [name_u]Kit[/name_u] :slight_smile:

1 Like

Love love love [name_m]Atticus[/name_m] [name_m]Barnaby[/name_m]! Nickname [name_u]Kit[/name_u] is so cute!!

Atticus [name_m]Barnaby[/name_m]! [name_u]Kit[/name_u] on its own I can’t get behind but [name_m]Atticus[/name_m] [name_m]Barnaby[/name_m] sounds fantastic with older siblings names.

Oh wow. [name_m]Atticus[/name_m] is stunning and with the nn [name_u]Kit[/name_u] :heart_eyes: [name_u]Love[/name_u] love love

With [name_m]Theodore[/name_m] and [name_f]Isobel[/name_f] my personal preference would be a longer form name with [name_u]Kit[/name_u] as the nickname (like [name_m]Christopher[/name_m]/ [name_m]Kristoff[/name_m]/ Kristofferson) but honestly I do like [name_u]Kit[/name_u] as a standalone name and I think [name_u]Kit[/name_u] [name_m]Barnaby[/name_m] is so delightful. I think it’s a great combo.

Between [name_u]Kit[/name_u] and [name_m]Atticus[/name_m], I prefer [name_u]Kit[/name_u], but I do see the appeal of [name_m]Atticus[/name_m].

Atticus “[name_u]Kit[/name_u]” [name_m]Barnaby[/name_m] fits very well with siblings!

Love [name_u]Kit[/name_u] [name_m]Barnaby[/name_m]! (Ahh Midsummer Murders!) The name page says [name_u]Kit[/name_u] can be a short form of [name_m]Christopher[/name_m], cute! [name_m]Atticus[/name_m] pared with [name_m]Barnaby[/name_m] sounds very old man to me…

Atticus [name_m]Barnaby[/name_m] nn [name_u]Kit[/name_u] is soooooo adorable. You have a good friend named [name_m]Barnaby[/name_m]? I wish I could meet a [name_m]Barnaby[/name_m]. :joy:

I suppose [name_m]Christopher[/name_m], [name_u]Beckett[/name_u] & [name_u]Cricket[/name_u] (that’s fun, but maybe too much) are other good ‘[name_u]Kit[/name_u]’ names. But [name_m]Atticus[/name_m] is definitely the best w/Theodore & [name_f]Isobel[/name_f]. Which are lovely, by the way.

Hope this helps. :slight_smile:

Atticus [name_m]Barnaby[/name_m] and [name_u]Kit[/name_u] [name_m]Barnaby[/name_m] both sound great!
I prefer [name_u]Kit[/name_u], but with your other children I think [name_m]Atticus[/name_m] ‘[name_u]Kit[/name_u]’ [name_m]Barnaby[/name_m] would fit best!

I think [name_m]Atticus[/name_m] ‘[name_u]Kit[/name_u]’ [name_m]Barnaby[/name_m] is a perfect combo tht fits super well with your cildren’s names. You’re onto a winner imo.

1 Like

I like [name_m]Atticus[/name_m] over [name_u]Kit[/name_u]. [name_u]Kit[/name_u] is cute on a little boy, but I can’t imagine a grown man named [name_u]Kit[/name_u].

I love the feeling of [name_u]Kit[/name_u] [name_m]Barnaby[/name_m]! It’s somehow strong and handsome, but also playful. I really love [name_u]Kit[/name_u] on its own, but I can see how a longer name would sit better next to the sibling names. [name_m]Atticus[/name_m] is a great choice for a longer name!

1 Like

I love [name_u]Kit[/name_u] just as is. No need for a longer version, and [name_u]Kit[/name_u] [name_m]Barnaby[/name_m] is very cute! Traditionally [name_u]Kit[/name_u] is a nickname for [name_m]Christoper[/name_m], and I think [name_m]Theodore[/name_m], [name_f]Isobel[/name_f] and [name_m]Christopher[/name_m] sound good together.

How about [name_m]Wilfred[/name_m] ([name_m]Wilf[/name_m] / Wilfy) [name_m]Barnaby[/name_m]?

I like [name_u]Kit[/name_u]! I never would have thought of [name_u]Kit[/name_u] as a nickname for [name_m]Atticus[/name_m], but I love it! I also like the name [name_m]Kipling[/name_m], nickname [name_m]Kip[/name_m], but [name_m]Atticus[/name_m] matches the style of [name_m]Theodore[/name_m] even better in my opinion.