What do you think of Mali and Elodie?

[name]Violet[/name] has been vetoed by DH so onwards and upwards…

[name]Mali[/name] is the Welsh form of [name]Molly[/name]. [name]Do[/name] you think it is too weird?

[name]How[/name] about [name]Elodie[/name]?

Would be so grateful for any feedback.

I love [name]Ella[/name] too but it looks like it is headed to be one of the most popular names and don’t want my little one to be one of 4 or 5 with the same name in her class?. We had 4 [name]Catherine[/name]'s and 2 [name]Elizabeth[/name]'s in my class at school!

[name]Mali[/name] reminds me of the country…which might not be the best place to be named after…Timbuktu jokes or something…

[name]Elodie[/name] I think is nice, and if you’re worried about [name]Ella[/name] being too popular you could go with just [name]Elle[/name], or maybe [name]Dee[/name]/[name]Didi[/name], Lo… not sure, but I think this one has more potential and would sound better on an adult! Good luck!

Thanks so much for the feedback. It is SUCH a big responsibility choosing a name!

I do like [name]Elle[/name] so maybe that is the way forward…

I love both [name]Elodie[/name] and [name]Mali[/name]. I live in [name]Wales[/name] though so [name]Mali[/name] seems normal to me.

I think in your case though I’d choose [name]Elodie[/name]. For one, it’s a more distinctive and less common name then [name]Ella[/name] but you can still use the nn [name]Ella[/name] so that seems perfect. Also, my only issue with [name]Mali[/name] is that I believe with an American accent (I assume you’re in the US) it could be mistaken for [name]Molly[/name]. I could be wrong though. Otherwise I think it’s a lovely choice, but I still prefer [name]Elodie[/name].

I love [name]Elodie[/name] – it was high on my list 'til DH vetoed it. [name]Elle[/name] or [name]Lola[/name] are both cute nicknames.

I’m not so much a fan of [name]Mali[/name]. 1) It is the name of a country; 2) It does sound like [name]Molly[/name] – just misspelled; and 3) I knew a guy who named his dog this (because of the connection to the country).

I really dislike [name]Mali[/name]; it’s the name of a country and will always be spelled [name]Molly[/name]. [name]How[/name] about [name]Amalia[/name] nicknamed [name]Mali[/name]? It’s one of my favorites, and I think it’s gorgeous! [name]Elodie[/name] is also beautiful, but be prepared for spelling/pronunciation issues. Out of the two, I prefer [name]Elodie[/name], but out of [name]Amalia[/name] nn [name]Mali[/name] and [name]Elodie[/name], I prefer [name]Amalia[/name].