What do you think of my baby boy shortlist?

[name]Hi[/name] all!

I’m 33 weeks pregnant with boy #2 and I’m looking for feedback on our shortlist of names. They are:

[name]Everett[/name] [name]William[/name]
[name]Errol[/name] [name]William[/name]
[name]Cedric[/name] [name]William[/name]
[name]Theo[/name] [name]William[/name]
[name]Zev[/name] ???

The first four names were chosen simply because we liked how they sounded. The “[name]William[/name]” is a family name - my husband’s grandfather - and its use is set in stone. However, we recently found out that [name]William[/name]'s real name was [name]Zev[/name], which is Hebrew for “wolf,” which got anglicized to [name]Will[/name], and became [name]William[/name]. So, [name]Zev[/name] is now on the table as a first name too, and my hubbie and are actually leaning pretty strongly towards it at the moment. It means that if we do name the boy [name]Zev[/name] we would get to choose a different middle name.

Big brother’s name is [name]Ian[/name] [name]Louis[/name] (both family names).

What does everyone think, and please be honest. A few of the choices are a bit eccentric, but I’m not worried because we live in a big, multicultural city where basically anything goes. My son’s classmates at daycare include everything from [name]Archie[/name] and [name]Anthony[/name] to Amoy, [name]Ishmael[/name], [name]Essa[/name], [name]Taliesin[/name], [name]Jaiden[/name], and Rei.

Thanks for your feedback!

[name]Everett[/name] [name]William[/name] - [name]LOVE[/name]
[name]Errol[/name] [name]William[/name] - [name]Love[/name] it.
[name]Cedric[/name] [name]William[/name] - Not a fan of [name]Cedric[/name].
[name]Theo[/name] [name]William[/name] - Like it.
[name]Zev[/name] ??? - [name]LOVE[/name] the name [name]Zev[/name].

[name]Everett[/name] [name]William[/name] or [name]Errol[/name] [name]William[/name]. Not a fan of the others.

I think [name]Zev[/name] is really cool! I don’t really like it with any of the previous first names as a middle but perhaps there is another meaningful family name that you could use for a middle?

With [name]Ian[/name] [name]Louis[/name] I like [name]Everett[/name] [name]William[/name] the best.

[name]Zev[/name] is cool, though, but the only middle name that is coming to me is [name]Alexander[/name]. [name]Zev[/name] [name]Alexander[/name] just sounds nice to me.

[name]Everett[/name] is my favorite! [name]Love[/name] that name! My second choice is [name]Theo[/name] but I personally prefer it as a nn for [name]Theodore[/name]. I’m not totally a fan of a nickname as a given name, but that’s just me.

[name]Zev[/name] is a wonderful choice! I was leaning towards [name]Everett[/name] [name]William[/name] at first because of the handsome-ness of the name, but [name]Zev[/name] has such a great family connection and i think it’s great.
Not sure about the middles, though, seems like it’ll be tough to find a good combo.

what about…
[name]Zev[/name] [name]Christian[/name]
[name]Zev[/name] [name]Silas[/name]
[name]Zev[/name] [name]Wilhelm[/name]
[name]Zev[/name] [name]Clemence[/name]

good luck!

From the list I really love [name]Theo[/name] [name]William[/name] and [name]Zev[/name]. [name]Zev[/name] is actually very cool and I think it has a great meaning and goes wonderfully with [name]Ian[/name]. Are there other family names you’d like in the middle?

Middle Names:

[name]Zev[/name] [name]Walker[/name]
[name]Zev[/name] [name]Weston[/name]
[name]Zev[/name] [name]Noah[/name]
[name]Zev[/name] [name]Conner[/name]
[name]Zev[/name] [name]Oliver[/name]
[name]Zev[/name] [name]Owen[/name]
[name]Zev[/name] [name]Benjamin[/name]
[name]Zev[/name] [name]Nathaniel[/name]
[name]Zev[/name] [name]Baxter[/name]
[name]Zev[/name] [name]Alexander[/name] – liked this suggestion
[name]Zev[/name] [name]Raphael[/name]
[name]Zev[/name] [name]Asher[/name]

[name]Cedric[/name] [name]William[/name] is a very handsome combo! I really like [name]Zev[/name]. It’s a unique family name which is awesome and it’s very masculine. I love the suggestion [name]Zev[/name] [name]Alexander[/name].

[name]Zev[/name] [name]Levi[/name]
[name]Zev[/name] [name]Alexander[/name]
[name]Zev[/name] [name]Josef[/name]
[name]Zev[/name] [name]Eric[/name]
[name]Zev[/name] [name]Brody[/name]
[name]Zev[/name] [name]Holden[/name]
[name]Zev[/name] [name]Dylan[/name]
[name]Zev[/name] [name]Axel[/name]

Never heard it before, but I love [name]Zev[/name]!! I also like [name]Everett[/name], but [name]Zev[/name] is too cool to pass up.

It’s got to be [name]Zev[/name].

My brother is named after a great-grandfather who’s Hebrew name was [name]Zev[/name]… also Anglicized to [name]William[/name].

My brother’s religious name is [name]Zev[/name] and his English middle name is just straight-up [name]Wolf[/name]. His first name is also in this thread which gave me a bit of a start when I saw it.

Anyway, I like [name]Zev[/name].

[name]Zev[/name] [name]Emmett[/name] appeals to me. [name]Emmett[/name] is an English name, but it also sounds like emet, Hebrew for “truth.”

Other ideas:

[name]Zev[/name] [name]Henry[/name]
[name]Zev[/name] [name]Raoul[/name] (this means “wolf counsel” how could I pass that up)
[name]Zev[/name] [name]Samuel[/name]
[name]Zev[/name] [name]William[/name] doesn’t actually sound bad. That does name for him twice but I don’t dislike the sound
[name]Zev[/name] [name]Liam[/name], same thing.

I will say my brother always liked his middle name, [name]Wolf[/name], especially as a kid when he had a big wolf poster on the wall of his room.