What do you think of my baby boy's name - Jethro Ming-Ray Mak

Hello everyone, I’m one of those to-be parents that are having this age old dilemma for naming our baby boy. You know how it is and that’s why I’m picking on the ideas from this forums.

Mom’s name starts with R and mine P, although we have no requirements to have the baby’s name associated with our initials, although we’re still open.

First name, we wanted something that meant peace and excellence/abundance : [name_m]Jethro[/name_m]

Middle Name: We wanted a Chinese middle name 鸣” [name_m]Ming[/name_m]-[name_u]Ray[/name_u] means “resounding success” or “to amaze” [name_u]Ray[/name_u]/[name_m]Rui[/name_m] means far sighted, astute.

Surname: Mak

[name_m]Jethro[/name_m] [name_m]Ming[/name_m]-[name_u]Ray[/name_u] Mak : What do you think and if you have any suggestions, ideas, suggestions for me to go dig further…

I think you have chosen a handsome, meaningful name for your baby! Congratulations.

I love it. [name_m]Jethro[/name_m] is a wonderful choice. The meanings of the middles are great as well.

Personally, I am not a fan of [name_m]Jethro[/name_m]. I love the rest of the name.

Sounds great!

This name is so cool! I’ve never considered [name_m]Jethro[/name_m] before. It’s lovely!

[name_u]Love[/name_u] it! So quirky, different, and meaningful to you! And [name_m]Jethro[/name_m] Mak sounds like a cool kid :slight_smile:

I agree with pp that [name_m]Jethro[/name_m] is cool, and that [name_m]Jethro[/name_m] Mak sounds pretty awesome! If I’m being totally honest though, when I hear [name_m]Ming[/name_m]-[name_u]Ray[/name_u], I hear stingray. Not a bad association necessarily or a deal breaker, some may even consider it a bonus!

Ha! Good catch. I’m going to report to the wife. [name_m]Ming[/name_m]-[name_u]Ray[/name_u] the Sting-[name_u]Ray[/name_u]!

Any other first names that will match the set of names we already have?