What do you think of my shortlist [boys]?

I feel like I have a style for boy names. [name_u]Unique[/name_u], country, rustic, tough. Here isn’t my shortlist.

[name_m]Wilder[/name_m] [name_u]James[/name_u]
[name_m]Archer[/name_m] [name_u]Wade[/name_u]
[name_m]Ridge[/name_m] [name_m]Matthew[/name_m]
[name_u]Dakota[/name_u] [name_u]Reed[/name_u]
[name_u]Everett[/name_u] [name_u]Jude[/name_u]
[name_m]Knox[/name_m] [name_u]Riley[/name_u]
Gatlin [name_m]Crew[/name_m]
[name_m]Tucker[/name_m] [name_m]Holt[/name_m]
[name_m]Cove[/name_m] [name_m]Atlas[/name_m]

[name_m]Knox[/name_m], [name_m]Tucker[/name_m], [name_m]Wilder[/name_m], Gatlin and [name_m]Ridge[/name_m] are my top 5.

What do you think of these names?
Any new names you’d suggest?
AND what would you imagine a little sister to these boys being named? I have a post on the girls forum similar… I just don’t like as many girl names as boys. My favs for girls have the same feel: ex: [name_u]Ember[/name_u], [name_f]Indie[/name_f], [name_u]Teagan[/name_u].

I love [name_m]Wilder[/name_m] [name_u]JAmes[/name_u] - [name_u]James[/name_u] grounds [name_m]Wilder[/name_m] but it still feels rustic and adventurous. [name_m]Knox[/name_m] [name_u]Riley[/name_u] and [name_m]Archer[/name_m] [name_u]Wade[/name_u] are brilliant and I adore [name_u]Everett[/name_u] [name_u]Jude[/name_u]. [name_u]Dakota[/name_u] [name_u]Reed[/name_u] and [name_m]Ridge[/name_m] [name_m]Matthew[/name_m] have a great feel and flow too

A couple of names I’d suggest:
[name_m]Colt[/name_m]/[name_m]Colton[/name_m]
[name_u]Colby[/name_u]
[name_m]Creed[/name_m]
[name_m]Shepherd[/name_m]
[name_m]Apollo[/name_m]
[name_u]Blaze[/name_u]/[name_u]Blaise[/name_u]
[name_m]Gideon[/name_m]
[name_m]Miles[/name_m]
[name_m]Koby[/name_m]

For a sister
[name_u]Storm[/name_u]
[name_f]Willow[/name_f]
[name_f]Betsy[/name_f]
[name_f]Rainie[/name_f]
[name_u]Monroe[/name_u]
[name_u]Sky[/name_u]
[name_u]Kelsey[/name_u]
[name_f]Tessa[/name_f]

Thank you!

You definitely have a certain style and Western/rustic describes it well. I quite enjoy your list. Many of the combos are well balanced. A good number of the names you’ve listed have been considerations for my husband and myself, as well.

I’d suggest…
[name_m]Boone[/name_m]
[name_m]Dawson[/name_m]
[name_m]Wyatt[/name_m]
[name_m]Brooks[/name_m]
[name_u]Logan[/name_u]
[name_m]Foster[/name_m]
[name_u]Sterling[/name_u]

For girls, maybe…
[name_m]Emrys[/name_m]
[name_f]Susannah[/name_f]
[name_f]Abigail[/name_f]
[name_u]Laney[/name_u]
[name_u]Sierra[/name_u]
[name_f]Tamryn[/name_f]
[name_u]Tatum[/name_u]
[name_f]Rosemary[/name_f]

I know [name_f]Susannah[/name_f], [name_f]Abigail[/name_f], and [name_f]Rosemary[/name_f] are a bit different style wise in some ways from your list, but they have a Western settler/small town/covered wagon vibe for me that I get with [name_u]Everett[/name_u], [name_m]Dawson[/name_m], etc. :slight_smile:

Although those generally aren’t my style of names I really love your combos! They all have a strong, handsome sound! My favorites from your short list are wilder and Gatlin.

I quite like Archer Wade, Ridge Matthew, Everett Jude, and Cove Atlas.

I love the name Wilder but it is very very trendy in my area, as is Knox.
Dakota and Tucker have the opposite problem, they’re pretty dates where I live (I do think Thatcher Holt would be fantastic though.)

Everett Jude feels like the “safest” names on tour list, with Cove Atlas being the most “bold”.

I think ultimately I’m leaning toward Archer Wade. Archer is popular but not as trendy as Wilder, and Wade is a familiar but dynamic middle choice.

Despite how trendy it is around me, Wilder would probably win be over with a middle that adds the same oomf that Wade adds to Archer.

I could absolutely see Teagan as a sister with any of these names! I could also see Rue, Scout, Tawny, Larkspur, Wren, Garnet, or Falon.