What do you think of my top 10 girl names?

Here are my top 10! Let me know your thoughts.

• [name_f]Penelope[/name_f]
  • [name_f]Eleanor[/name_f]
  • [name_f]Cecilia[/name_f]
  • [name_f]Juliet[/name_f]
  • [name_f]Sylvia[/name_f]
  • [name_u]Vivian[/name_u]
  • [name_f]Rosalie[/name_f]
  • [name_f]Matilda[/name_f]
  • [name_f]Clara[/name_f]
  • [name_f]Alice[/name_f]
3 Likes

aw what a great list!!

if i were to do a rating for each one…

eleanor - 10/10
matilda - 10/10
alice - 9/10
penelope - 9/10
sylvia - 9/10
clara - 8/10
cecilia - 7/10
juliet - 7/10
rosalie - 6/10
vivian - 5/10

1 Like

[name_f]Penelope[/name_f] - 8/10 It is beautiful, not necessarily my taste but beautiful.

[name_f]Eleanor[/name_f] - 8/10 A very classic choice.

[name_f]Cecilia[/name_f] - 5/10 I am very neutral on it. Not a big fan.

[name_f]Juliet[/name_f] - 9/10 Romantic and modern but also feels classic.

[name_f]Sylvia[/name_f] - 7/10 I prefer [name_f]Sylvie[/name_f] to [name_f]Sylvia[/name_f], but both names are equally nice.

[name_u]Vivian[/name_u] - 7/10 Again, I prefer [name_f]Vivienne[/name_f] to [name_u]Vivian[/name_u] but both names are awesome .

[name_f]Rosalie[/name_f] - 6/10 [name_u]Love[/name_u] [name_f]Rose[/name_f], not the -lie ending.

[name_f]Matilda[/name_f] - 10/10 I can picture this on a baby and on an adult. Amazing name.

[name_f]Clara[/name_f] - 10/10 Timeless beauty.

[name_f]Alice[/name_f] - 9/10 Same as [name_f]Juliet[/name_f]!

1 Like

[name_f]Rosalie[/name_f], [name_f]Alice[/name_f], and [name_f]Clara[/name_f] are so cute!

I love: Juliet, Clara, Rosalie
I like: Eleanor, Alice

The rest aren’t for me, but I still think they are nice choices!

So so so so pretty. What a gorgeous group of names!

[name_u]Love[/name_u]:
[name_f]Penelope[/name_f]
[name_f]Eleanor[/name_f]
[name_f]Clara[/name_f]
[name_f]Alice[/name_f]

Like:
[name_f]Cecilia[/name_f]
[name_f]Juliet[/name_f]
[name_u]Vivian[/name_u]
[name_f]Rosalie[/name_f]
[name_f]Matilda[/name_f]

Neutral:
[name_f]Sylvia[/name_f]- but I adore [name_f]Sylvie[/name_f]!

Penelope - 10/10!! One of my all time favourites because Penny is just delightful as a nn :relaxed: Partner vetoed but hoping he changes his mind

Eleanor - 6/10 I really like this when pronounced ell-eh-nor but i don’t like the ell-en-ah pronunciation. I also don’t like the inevitable Ellie

Cecilia - 5/10 this would be so much higher if it wasn’t for the meaning of blind. I love Cici and Lia is also nice, but I can’t get over the meaning

Juliet - 9/10, Juliette would be a 10 for me. Love the Shakespearean feel

Sylvia - 3/10 very popular right now, but a bit dated for me

Vivian - 3/10 although i quite like Vivienne

Rosalie - 10/10!!! Oh my goodness this is beautiful and would be my top if my partner could pronounce it :pensive: there’s always time though

Matilda - 3/10 just don’t have great associations with it. I like Tilly though

Clara - 8/10 it sounds very sweet and i imagine a clara being quiet but kind

Alice 6/10 a classic name, but I’m not totally sold on the sound

1 Like
  • [name_f]Penelope[/name_f] - stylish and bright
  • [name_f]Eleanor[/name_f] -elegant and strong
  • [name_f]Cecilia[/name_f] -frilly and pretty
  • [name_f]Juliet[/name_f] -literary, lovely and elegant
  • [name_f]Sylvia[/name_f] -sleek and stylish
  • [name_u]Vivian[/name_u] -sharp but sweet
  • [name_f]Rosalie[/name_f] -pretty and fun
  • [name_f]Matilda[/name_f] -bright and lovely
  • [name_f]Clara[/name_f] - bright and friendly
  • [name_f]Alice[/name_f] - sweet but strong
1 Like

All of these are sophisticated and elegant, very classy. [name_f]My[/name_f] personal favorites [name_f]Eleanor[/name_f], [name_f]Juliet[/name_f], [name_f]Rosalie[/name_f], and [name_f]Clara[/name_f], but there isn’t one I dislike! :slight_smile:

[name_u]Love[/name_u] all of your choices with the exception of [name_f]Penelope[/name_f].
[name_f]Rosalie[/name_f], [name_f]Alice[/name_f], and [name_f]Clara[/name_f] are so sweet!

[name_u]Love[/name_u]: [name_f]Eleanor[/name_f]
Like: [name_f]Juliet[/name_f], [name_u]Vivian[/name_u], [name_f]Clara[/name_f]
The rest aren’t my style, but you have such a classy list!

1 Like

cute cute Cute! Here is my ranking:

[name_f]Penelope[/name_f]- 9 1/2 / 10

[name_f]Eleanor[/name_f]- 9/10

[name_f]Cecelia[/name_f] 7-8/10

[name_f]Juliet[/name_f]- 9/10

[name_f]Sylvia[/name_f] 7/10

[name_u]Vivian[/name_u]- 8/10

[name_f]Rosalie[/name_f]- 4/10

[name_f]Matilda[/name_f]- 8 1/2 / 10

[name_f]Clara[/name_f]- 7/10

[name_f]Alice[/name_f]- 9/10

These are all lovely! [name_f]Penelope[/name_f], [name_f]Juliet[/name_f] & [name_u]Vivian[/name_u] are my favorites!

[name_f]Penelope[/name_f] - super lovely, and she has a million and one amazing nns, but I probably would go straight to [name_f]Poppy[/name_f] or [name_f]Lola[/name_f] (or [name_u]Juniper[/name_u] nn Pippi) over [name_f]Penelope[/name_f] myself - I’ve heard it a lot lately and I don’t love it despite the popularity if that makes sense? Like some really popular names, like [name_f]Olivia[/name_f], [name_f]Charlotte[/name_f], [name_u]Noah[/name_u], and [name_f]Ella[/name_f], I’d happily use anyway and the popularity doesn’t phase me, but others, like [name_u]Harper[/name_u], [name_f]Penelope[/name_f], [name_f]Sophia[/name_f], etc., sort of faded when they got really popular. Still a lovely name though and the nns make me happy.
[name_f]Eleanor[/name_f] - love! [name_f]Eleanor[/name_f] has similar popularity to [name_f]Penelope[/name_f] I think, but [name_f]Eleanor[/name_f] is more in the [name_f]Olivia[/name_f] camp than [name_f]Sophia[/name_f] for me. I would very happily use Eleanor; she’s one of my favorites of all time! I love the nns [name_f]Ella[/name_f], [name_f]Lena[/name_f], and [name_f]Lola[/name_f] (which, yes, I know is a huge stretch!). I’m not huge on Nell(ie) or [name_f]Nora[/name_f], but they are nice too.
[name_f]Cecilia[/name_f] - oooh, [name_f]Cecilia[/name_f] takes me to my happy place, she’s not on my own list right now but I’ve toyed with her for probably a decade now. I adore Cici/Ceci/Cece and the meaning doesn’t phase me. (In fact, is quite a huge plus for me because of my faith!) I would love to have a [name_f]Cecilia[/name_f] one day, if it worked out!
[name_f]Juliet[/name_f] - feels rather overrated, sorry. [name_m]Romeo[/name_m] and [name_f]Juliet[/name_f] is rather overrated to me, and [name_f]Juliet[/name_f] the name sort of carries that feeling too. I do like her in the right combo (like [name_f]Claire[/name_f] Juliet!), but I prefer [name_f]Julia[/name_f], [name_f]Juliana[/name_f], or [name_u]Vivian[/name_u], which all have similar-ish feels to me.
[name_f]Sylvia[/name_f] - really nice name, but I don’t have strong feelings either way. Probably wouldn’t use it in real life but would be happy to meet one.
[name_u]Vivian[/name_u] - love [name_u]Vivian[/name_u]! And the nn [name_f]Vivi[/name_f]. I prefer [name_u]Vivien[/name_u] but [name_u]Vivian[/name_u] and [name_f]Vivienne[/name_f] are both really pretty too!
[name_f]Rosalie[/name_f] - not a big fan of [name_f]Rose[/name_f] or most of her long forms (Rosemary is the exception!), but [name_f]Rosalie[/name_f] is sweet and makes a really pretty middle. I’m not as fond of her up front.
[name_f]Matilda[/name_f] - never got on board with [name_f]Matilda[/name_f] but I LOVE the nn [name_f]Tilly[/name_f]!
[name_f]Clara[/name_f] - super beautiful and I like it more now because of The Nutcracker but I prefer [name_f]Claire[/name_f] much more, personally!
[name_f]Alice[/name_f] - so sweet, and I love the unexpected international flair of [name_f]Alice[/name_f]! I think it’s so fun that she’s said totally different in [name_u]French[/name_u], Portuguese (at least, Brazilian Portuguese - not sure about European!), Italian, [name_f]English[/name_f], etc.! I go back and forth with her but right now I’m at the point where I get really happy when I see her but not enough to add her to my own list. If I ever had an [name_f]Alice[/name_f], she’d probably be [name_f]Alice[/name_f] [name_f]Clementine[/name_f], which I find so sweet and wholesome. :heart:

[name_f]Eleanor[/name_f], [name_f]Cecilia[/name_f], [name_u]Vivian[/name_u], and [name_f]Alice[/name_f] are my favorites of yours!

I love [name_f]Eleanor[/name_f] & [name_f]Rosalie[/name_f]! I also quite like [name_f]Juliet[/name_f], [name_f]Sylvia[/name_f], [name_u]Vivian[/name_u] & [name_f]Clara[/name_f].

[name_f]Penelope[/name_f] - I love this name! It’s not my favorite-favorite, but it’s really sweet, with a nice rhythm and fun nicknames like [name_f]Poppy[/name_f], [name_f]Nell[/name_f], and [name_u]Penny[/name_u].
[name_f]Eleanor[/name_f] - Although a little popular for me (I know at least 2), it’s still a pretty name.
[name_f]Cecilia[/name_f] - Not my style. I don’t know why, but something about this name rubs me the wrong way. I love [name_f]Celia[/name_f], so I’m not really sure why I dislike [name_f]Cecilia[/name_f], but there you go.
[name_f]Juliet[/name_f] - Elegant and lively! Although I prefer [name_f]Julia[/name_f] or [name_f]Juliana[/name_f], [name_f]Juliet[/name_f] still has that Shakespearean charm to it, and I do think it’s a lovely name.
[name_f]Sylvia[/name_f] - [name_f]Pretty[/name_f]. Not my favorite, but it’s nice, especially with Vee or [name_f]Via[/name_f] for a nickname.
[name_u]Vivian[/name_u] - I love Vivian!! So energetic, fun, and strong, with cool nicknames [name_f]Viv[/name_f] and [name_f]Vivi[/name_f].
[name_f]Rosalie[/name_f] - It’s not my favorite of the [name_f]Rose[/name_f] variants, but I don’t hate it. Meh.
[name_f]Matilda[/name_f] - I have a strong personal connection to this name. I absolutely love it.
[name_f]Clara[/name_f] - A pretty name. I’m not in love with it, but I see the appeal, and I like it.
[name_f]Alice[/name_f] - Fun and vintage. I know an awesome [name_f]Alice[/name_f] and the sounds are really cool. I’m a fan!

1 Like

I am considering [name_f]Juliette[/name_f] if I have another girl. Also love [name_f]Vivienne[/name_f]. I’m Biased though, as I have a girl called [name_f]Vienna[/name_f] and find them similar. She gets [name_f]Vivi[/name_f] for short and I could imagine [name_f]Vivienne[/name_f] getting that too. They would be my favourite of your list

[name_f]Penelope[/name_f]: so this one would be my least favorite; maybe it’s the Kardashian association, maybe it’s just how familiar it’s become at its level of popularity, but I’d describe [name_f]Penelope[/name_f] as “Pottery [name_m]Barn[/name_m] quirky.” But that is clearly an unpopular opinion! Forgive my snark, [name_f]Penelope[/name_f] fans!

[name_f]Eleanor[/name_f]: [name_f]Eleanor[/name_f] is also really popular, but I love it. It’s queenly and intellectual and has such a gorgeous rhythm. Sometimes I wish I’d used [name_f]Eleanor[/name_f] for my daughter.

[name_f]Cecilia[/name_f]: this is a great name, but I’ve never wholeheartedly loved it. I do tend to prefer stronger consonant sounds, and it feels a little limp and hissy with all the S and L sounds.

[name_f]Juliet[/name_f]: it’s beautiful, but just the tiniest bit campy to me with its Shakespearean tragedy teen association. [name_f]Juliet[/name_f] is so far from a role model. I prefer [name_f]Julia[/name_f], which feels more mature and elegant.

[name_f]Sylvia[/name_f]: It’s feminine but strong, and an underused classic. I don’t love it myself (maybe it’s the syllables it shares with saliva) but would love to meet a little [name_f]Sylvia[/name_f].

[name_u]Vivian[/name_u]: [name_u]Vivian[/name_u] feels beautiful, warm, and witty. I associate it with vivid orange-red, and little [name_m]Art[/name_m] Deco.

[name_f]Rosalie[/name_f]: [name_f]Rosalie[/name_f] feels sweet and competent. I think it’s a really likable name. It’s one of my favorite names ending in -lie/Lee.

[name_f]Matilda[/name_f]: on paper, I should LIVE for [name_f]Matilda[/name_f]. But I’ve never quite gotten into her. Maybe it’s just that I don’t know any adult Matildas and I have a hard time imagining a [name_f]Matilda[/name_f] as anything other than a hipster toddler.

[name_f]Clara[/name_f]: I love [name_f]Clara[/name_f]. It’s a little more vintage than [name_f]Claire[/name_f] or [name_f]Sarah[/name_f], with the feminine strength of them both. I love the association with the Nutcracker Ballet, too.

[name_f]Alice[/name_f]: [name_f]Alice[/name_f] is another favorite of mine. [name_f]Alice[/name_f] in Wonderland helps it feel sweet but not too sweet.

I’d pick [name_f]Eleanor[/name_f], [name_f]Alice[/name_f], [name_f]Clara[/name_f], and [name_u]Vivian[/name_u] from your list, in that order.

1 Like