What do you think of my top 10 girl names?

all beautiful names! and i think any combination of them would make lovely sisters! my favourites are eleanor and matilda :heart:

Fab list. I’ve ranked in order of preference, with one as my favourite.

1. [name_f]Clara[/name_f]
  2. [name_f]Alice[/name_f]
  3. [name_f]Eleanor[/name_f]
  4. [name_f]Cecilia[/name_f]
  5. [name_f]Penelope[/name_f]
  6. [name_f]Juliet[/name_f]
  7. [name_f]Sylvia[/name_f]
  8. [name_f]Rosalie[/name_f]
  9. [name_f]Matilda[/name_f]
  10. [name_u]Vivian[/name_u]

Ps [name_f]Alice[/name_f] and [name_f]Eleanor[/name_f] are more like joint second place, really. [name_f]Lovely[/name_f].

[name_f]Penelope[/name_f] - 6/10
[name_f]Eleanor[/name_f] - 6/10
[name_f]Cecilia[/name_f] - 10/10
[name_f]Juliet[/name_f] - 8/10
[name_f]Sylvia[/name_f] - 7/10
[name_u]Vivian[/name_u] - 9/10
[name_f]Rosalie[/name_f] - 6/10
[name_f]Matilda[/name_f] - 7/10
[name_f]Clara[/name_f] - 10/10
[name_f]Alice[/name_f] - 8/10

[name_f]Penelope[/name_f] - I’ve always wanted to like this name but I’ve known so many people who named their animals this that I just don’t love it. Nothing wrong with it, it just has weird associations to me I guess.
[name_f]Eleanor[/name_f] - I LOVE [name_f]Eleanor[/name_f]. I think it is so classy and elegant while still feeling fresh and modern. So many cute nicknames. I would use it if my niece wasn’t already [name_f]Nora[/name_f].
[name_f]Cecelia[/name_f] - this is another one that I really want to love but just don’t. I’ve only ever known one cecelia personally and she was awful so the name is just forever tainted for me.
[name_f]Juliet[/name_f] - another favorite!! It has that romantic fairytale vibe without feeling too frilly or princess-like. [name_f]My[/name_f] cousin already has this name otherwise I’d totally use it!
[name_f]Sylvia[/name_f] - love this one! It’s vintage yet fresh. I can see it on all ages.
[name_u]Vivian[/name_u] - I feel indifferent about this one. Don’t love it but don’t hate it. It definitely has some great qualities but it also feels a little heavy to me for a kid? Not sure, but definitely not a bad option overall.
[name_f]Rosalie[/name_f] - A classic, beautiful name.
[name_f]Matilda[/name_f] - I have never liked this name. For some reason to me it just feels bulky and like it doesn’t flow off the tongue well.
[name_f]Clara[/name_f] - another classic that I love!! I think it suits all ages and personality types!
[name_f]Alice[/name_f] - For some reason I love the name [name_u]Allison[/name_u] but don’t love [name_f]Alice[/name_f]. I don’t think there’s anything wrong with it, it just feels incomplete to me.

1 Like

all just personal opinion, obviously!

[name_f]Penelope[/name_f] - I don’t hate it, but a bit too frilly for me. 5/10

[name_f]Eleanor[/name_f] - I really like [name_f]Eleanor[/name_f], especially with the El-uh-NORE pronounciation! 7/10

[name_f]Cecilia[/name_f] - not really a fan of this one I’m afraid, I find [name_f]Cecily[/name_f] easier to say 3/10

[name_f]Juliet[/name_f] - looove [name_f]Juliet[/name_f]! would probably opt for the [name_f]Juliette[/name_f] spelling but gorgeous regardless! 8/10

[name_f]Sylvia[/name_f] - doesn’t excite me, but I like it! prefer [name_f]Sylvie[/name_f]! 5/10

[name_u]Vivian[/name_u] - love this spelling! such an elegant name! 7/10

[name_f]Rosalie[/name_f] - one of my favourite of the [name_f]Rose[/name_f] variations! 7/10

[name_f]Matilda[/name_f] - prefer [name_f]Mathilde[/name_f], but nice name nonetheless! 6/10

[name_f]Clara[/name_f] - one of my absolute favourites! Simple but elegant!! 9/10

[name_f]Alice[/name_f] - another one that I absolutely love! [name_m]Can[/name_m] see [name_f]Alice[/name_f] and [name_f]Clara[/name_f] as siblings! 9/10

1 Like