What do you think of Remi Eloise?

DH and I fell in love with [name]Remi[/name] for a girl. I know that it is traditionally a french male name, but I think it is feminine and kind of spunky, and I think the House character shows that it can age well. What do you think of the combo [name]Remi[/name] [name]Eloise[/name]? Any other middle name suggestions?

Personally, I think it is cute and unique! I love it paired with [name]Eloise[/name], which is slightly more feminine. Together, they make for a beautiful name! I like it a lot and think you should go for it :slight_smile:

While I like both names on their own, I don’t care for the repeating ‘ee’ sound with the end of [name]Remi[/name] and the start of [name]Eloise[/name]. I know they’re not exactly the same sound, but it still sounds a little smooshed to me.

I’m really not a fan of boys’ names on girls, even if the name isn’t widely known in the environment you’re using it in. [name]Remi[/name] is a boys’ name, even if it may sound ‘cute’ on a girl. I don’t see how a fictional TV character can show it ages well-- I personally have a hard time picturing an adult, female [name]Remi[/name]. [name]Eloise[/name] is one of my favorite names, though. I’d use [name]Remi[/name] as a nickname for a girl name, in case she wants to visit [name]France[/name] someday. [name]Rosemary[/name] [name]Eloise[/name]? Gorgeous. There’s also [name]Ramona[/name], [name]Miriam[/name], [name]Romola[/name] or [name]Romilda[/name].

Honestly, I have to agree with the above poster. [name]Remi[/name] is a boy’s name and I can’t see it on a girl. I love [name]Eloise[/name] though. What about [name]Renee[/name] [name]Eloise[/name]? It’s got a very similar feel to [name]Remi[/name] and is a legit girls’ name.

I know an 18 year old female [name]Remy[/name] and she rocks her name.

I don’t dig the -i E-. [name]How[/name] about [name]Remi[/name] [name]Louise[/name]?

I understand that people don’t like that it’s traditionally used on a male, but we’re still probably going to use it. What about the combo [name]Remi[/name] [name]Magnolia[/name]?

I have a hard time seeing [name]Remi[/name] on a girl, especially since my male dog is [name]Remi[/name], short for [name]Remington[/name]. I understand that you really like it but I also can’t see it aging well in real life despite the TV character you mentioned. I always try to picture names on a 50-something adult to see if they work and I just can’t imagine an adult female [name]Remi[/name]. As far as [name]Remi[/name] [name]Eloise[/name] goes I agree with a previous poster that I like [name]Remi[/name] [name]Louise[/name] much more. And for [name]Remi[/name] [name]Magnolia[/name] the repeated M sound is too strong for me.

My best friend named her daughter [name]Remington[/name] and calls her [name]Remi[/name], she is 7 and gets tons of compliments on her name. Sure, they may mistake her as a boy when they see it written, but there are SOOOO many unisex names out there anymore. I think [name]Remi[/name] [name]Eloise[/name] is beautiful and I love it paired with such a feminine middle name. Honestly, it has such a nice flow to it…go for it. She will not have a problem with [name]Remi[/name], and she will always have the option of using her middle name too! [name]LOVE[/name] IT.

I love it! I learned of the name [name]Remy[/name] while I lived in [name]France[/name], but the only two people I’ve known with the name were girls here in the US. I prefer [name]Eloise[/name] to [name]Magnolia[/name] for a middle name because of the repeating “m” sound. I do think [name]Remy[/name] [name]Eloise[/name] runs together a little bit, but not enough to be a problem unless you plan to call her by both names. [name]Remy[/name] [name]Lou[/name] makes a great nickname.

I know that Berries tend to either love or hate names they perceive as masculine on girls (I’m in the love column), but you should use [name]Remi[/name] if it feels like your daughter’s name.

To me, it’s like two completely different names. There’s R”my (pronounced ray-MEE), which is a very masculine French name. Then there’s [name]Remi[/name] (rhymes with “[name]Timmy[/name]”), an adorably spunky girls’ name that I’ve heard more than once in the New Orleans area. Unless you happen to live in a largely French community, I think reaction to the name would be universally positive. And [name]Remi[/name] [name]Eloise[/name] is precious and flows together nicely. It’s a lovely name and if you and the DH are happy with it, I wouldn’t let anyone discourage you from it.

[name]Love[/name] [name]Remi[/name] [name]Eloise[/name]!!! I have a female friend aged 25 named [name]Remi[/name]. (middle name is [name]Alexis[/name].)

[name]LOVE[/name] IT!!!

[name]Love[/name] [name]Remi[/name]! I think [name]Remi[/name] [name]Eloise[/name] is good but [name]Remi[/name] [name]Louise[/name] is great!

I think its darling! I know a beautiful little girl named [name]Remy[/name], and I have to say that I prefer the spelling with the Y. Regardless of it being typically a male name, this is one of the FEW names that I don’t mind unisexing. I am usually completely against it, however [name]Remy[/name] feels quite feminine to me! I think paired with a decidedly feminine middle name it would work fantastically. On that note, I think its absolutely great with [name]Eloise[/name]!

i love it! [name]Remi[/name] is a gorgeous name and i don’t normally like boys names for girls. I can imagine [name]Remi[/name] on a pretty little girl. I ran it past my partner as option for us… he knows a [name]Remi[/name] (girl!) so it didn’t make our list unfortunately.

[name]Remi[/name] [name]Eloise[/name] is beautiful

[name]Say[/name] wha?!