What do you think of Roux?

What do you think of the girls name [name]Roux[/name]? (pronounced Roo) I had never heard before a few days ago, and it is quite growing on me. So I was just wondering what everyone thinks of it?

Sorry - I automatically think of gravy. BUT, “Roo” is adorable in “[name]Winnie[/name]-the-Pooh”, so I suppose it could grow on people. Not a fave for me though, I’m afraid.

From Wikipedia:

[name]Roux[/name] (pronounced /?ru?/) is a cooked mixture of wheat flour and fat, traditionally clarified butter. It is the thickening agent of three of the mother sauces of classical French cooking: sauce b”chamel, sauce velout” and sauce espagnole. Butter, vegetable oils, or lard are commonly used fats. It is used as a thickener for gravy, other sauces, soups and stews. It is typically made from equal parts of flour and fat by weight. [1]

Eww, thank you!!!

Not [name]Roux[/name] for above stated. [name]Rue[/name] could be fine! Or even Ru from [name]Ruby[/name] I suppose.

Eww, thank you!!![/quote]

You’re welcome.

Right, but ‘[name]Rue[/name]’ is OK, like [name]Rue[/name] McClanahan, AKA [name]Blanche[/name] [name]Devereaux[/name] of the [name]Golden[/name] Girls.

rue is better than roux. but rue is also a plant/herb.

you could also go with reuben… then call him reu… and the meaning suddenly changes :0)

[name]REUBEN[/name]

Origin: Hebrew
Meaning: “behold, a son”

Popularity in 2008: #947

[name]Rich[/name] and resonant Old Testament choice–[name]Reuben[/name] founded one of the tribes of [name]Israel[/name]–with a friendly, down home image. Maybe the current crowd of Jacobs will grow up and follow their biblical namesake by calling their own sons [name]Reuben[/name]. Downside: it’s also known as a sandwich.

Nicknames & Variations:
[name]Rueben[/name], [name]Rubens[/name], [name]Rubino[/name], [name]Ruebin[/name], [name]Rueban[/name], [name]Rheuben[/name], [name]Ruban[/name], [name]Reuban[/name], [name]Rubey[/name], [name]Rubean[/name], [name]Rhuben[/name], [name]Ruvim[/name], [name]Rube[/name], [name]Rubin[/name], [name]Reubin[/name], [name]Reuvin[/name], [name]Reuban[/name], [name]Reubin[/name], [name]Reuvin[/name], [name]Rheuben[/name], [name]Rhuben[/name], [name]Ruban[/name], [name]Rube[/name], [name]Rubean[/name], [name]Rubens[/name], [name]Rubey[/name], [name]Rubin[/name], [name]Rubino[/name], [name]Ruby[/name], [name]Rueban[/name], [name]Rueben[/name], [name]Ruebin[/name], [name]Ruvim[/name]

International Variations:
[name]Reuven[/name], [name]Rouben[/name] (Eastern European) [name]Rouvin[/name] (Greek) [name]Reuven[/name] (Hebrew) Reub”n, Rub”n, Reub”n, Rub”n (Spanish)

I love it it was [name]Johnnie[/name] Depps name in chocolat. its super cute i wouls use it as a middle name.

Tasty sauce

I like [name]Rue[/name] but if you look this name up it doesn’t quite have the best meaning either. I would still totally consider [name]Rue[/name] as a middle though. I love the name [name]Ruby[/name] and I’m sure I’d call her [name]Rue[/name] at times.