What do you think of Ruby?

Does it age well?
What type of girl/woman do you picture?
[name]How[/name] does it sound with: [name]Juliette[/name], [name]Bella[/name], [name]Mia[/name] and [name]Leo[/name]?
No more questions :slight_smile:

Thanks!
[name]Tara[/name]

I like [name]Ruby[/name] a lot and I think it ages just fine. I don’t know if I love it with your other girls’ names though. To me, it just has a very different feel. [name]Juliette[/name], [name]Bella[/name], and [name]Mia[/name] are all very romantic classic names (with perhaps a touch of whimsy, especially when all together). [name]Ruby[/name] is more sassy than whimsical, and while feminine, isn’t girly or romantic at all. It has a very different sort of charm. I could better see a name like [name]Aurora[/name] in your sibset.

[name]Ruby[/name] was the name of my husband’s great-aunt, so I automatically think of her. So, yes, it ages well. I like it with [name]Juliette[/name].

[name]Brenda[/name]

I tend to agree with you about the sib set, jlm. It just popped in my head and I think it a darling name.

Thanks!
[name]Tara[/name]

I tend to agree with you about the sib set, jlm. It just popped in my head and I think it a darling name.

Thanks!
[name]Tara[/name][/quote]

It is a darling name, actually. And, for what it’s worth, complimenting sibling names is not necessarily that big of a deal when choosing your child’s name. In fact, I think if you really love a name, you shouldn’t worry about it much at all (beyond making sure the names don’t sound too alike). To me, thinking about matching styles comes into play more when you’re undecided about a name because I think thinking about what other names are in the same “category” helps you get a sense of whether it really does have the feel that you’re going for. When I responded earlier, it was in reaction to your specific question re: how [name]Ruby[/name] sounds with your other kids’ names, and I think the stylistic differences might shed light on reasons why [name]Ruby[/name] might not be the perfect name for you since with your other children you ultimately did end up being pulled in a different direction. That said, if you feel [name]Ruby[/name] is the right name for you (or any other name, for that matter, that is less than an ideal “match” with your other kids’ names) you should still go for it!

Yikes! Sorry to hear that, [name]Martina[/name]. I bet we all know someone who has “ruined” a name for us. I used to [name]LOVE[/name] the name [name]Miles[/name] but found myself on an 8 hour flight with a dreadful little boy with that name. His parents must have said his name 2,000 times.
I would not ever consider it now. [name]Shame[/name], really.

Thanks for your response!

[name]Tara[/name]

My name is [name]Ruby[/name] :slight_smile:
I’m sixteen and I love my name. When I was born it was not very common but now in Australia there are lots of little Rubys.
I say go for it.

I looooove it ,especially nickname [name]Rue[/name]!!

I had the sweetest [name]Ruby[/name] in my family :slight_smile:

I know a beautiful [name]Indian[/name] woman named [name]Ruby[/name]! I think its gorgeous… You could even call her [name]Gem[/name]/[name]Gemma[/name] as a pet name “my little [name]Gem[/name]!”

Awww! That is a sweet nickname :slight_smile:

[name]Tara[/name]

[name]Ruby[/name] is a sweet name.

love [name]Ruby[/name], one of my favorites :slight_smile:

I think [name]Ruby[/name] ages very well.
I can picture a girl who is very bright, funny, talented, witty, spunky, and adorable. I can picture a woman who is similar to the girl [name]Ruby[/name], with added elegance.
[name]Ruby[/name] goes well with [name]Juliette[/name], [name]Bella[/name], [name]Mia[/name], and [name]Leo[/name], but it’s a short name like the last three, so [name]Juliette[/name] gets singled out as the one with the “long” name. A longer name would balance out the sib-set, but [name]Ruby[/name] would work.