What do you think of Rylan?

Is it girly sounding? Or what could better alternatives to spelling it to look more boyish?

I could see it being used for both but to me, at the moment, it does sound more masculine. I’m not a fan of altering the original spelling, unless it’s for an international variation or personal reason and I can’t see any other way of spelling [name]Rylan[/name] without it seeming tryndee or yooneek. I will suggest some names that seem like [name]Rylan[/name] to me though.

[name]Ryker[/name]
[name]Ryder[/name]
[name]Dylan[/name]
[name]Aiden[/name] (I know this is like a ‘nameberry no no’ but it’s the original and I’ve always liked it. I also think it will survive this plague of tryndee variations and come out with it’s dignity almost unscathed)
[name]Jackson[/name]
[name]Rowan[/name]
[name]Ethan[/name]
[name]Taylor[/name]

[name]Hope[/name] this was helpful:) Good [name]Luck[/name]!

It’s nms. I can see people using it for girls (even though I would assume it was a boy name) and I can’t think of any spelling that would make it more masculine. It seems a little made up to me to be honest. And it seems like it will be confused for [name]Ryan[/name] a lot of the time. Other suggestions in the same vein:
[name]Ryder[/name]
[name]Ryan[/name]
[name]Dylan[/name]
[name]Sawyer[/name]
[name]Taylor[/name] - but I think this is used mostly for girls now
[name]Tyler[/name]
[name]Tyson[/name]

[name]Rylan[/name] does look a little like you tweaked the spelling of [name]Ryan[/name] and sort of smushed it in there with [name]Dylan[/name], and it does seem sort of girly, sorry. It also sounds like riling or rilin’.

If you spelled it [name]Ryland[/name], it instantly looks like a real intentional name that you didn’t just make up, like a surname and quite a lot more definitely masculine (I may be wrong), Ryeland is another option. I looked it up and Ryeland is apparently one of the oldest breeds of British sheep. [name]Ryland[/name] without the E imo looks better.

I like [name]Rylan[/name] A LOT–of course, I know one: and he’s an amazing guy. His family sometimes calls him “[name]Ry[/name]-guy”, which is also fun. It’s one of those names that was odd to me at first but very shortly became normal and I’ve gotten so I really like saying it. I don’t think of it as at all girly.

I actually love the name [name]Rylan[/name]. I know someone with the cutest little boy named [name]Rylan[/name], and ever since that kid I’ve loved it. His name is [name]Rylan[/name] [name]Taylor[/name], which is such a cute combo.

Anyway, I was watching a show with a little girl named [name]Rylan[/name], and they kept calling her [name]Rylie[/name]. But I have a friend named [name]Ryan[/name] and I always called him [name]Ry[/name], which I think is a good nickname.

Okay, anyway, sorry I keep getting distracted, I think it’s great name. It’s definitely grown on me. I’m just not sure how well it will age.
So, I actually prefer [name]Ryan[/name] over [name]Rylan[/name]. Or, as already suggested, [name]Dylan[/name].

I don’t like it at all.

I don’t consider it girly sounding, but then again I don’t even really think it sounds like a name. :S

[name]Ryan[/name] is better.

It’s the last name of some celebrity…ALSO it is on nameberry and is an alternative of [name]Ryan[/name]…SO it isn’t made up.

this is my daughters name who just turned 2 and while it does get confused with riley at times, i get more people tell me they [name]LOVE[/name] her name. its unique but not over the top. it is definitely unisex

I’ve seen [name]Ryland[/name] and Rylant used too, I believe they are both lastnames

I absolutely love this name but I am a little biased! My daughter’s name is [name]Rylan[/name] and she is named after my husband [name]Ryan[/name]. She is 7 years old and I first saw it when I was pregnant. It was cited as a boy’s name and that is all I have ever heard it mentioned as. I think it can be used either way and it is definitely not a name you hear every day. She is the only one in her school with that name. I say go for it!!!

not girly at all, a little made-up though [name]IMO[/name],
are lachlan or declan girly sounding to you?

It seems like a made up name to me…either based off [name]Ryan[/name] (better name) or [name]Riley[/name].

Sounds like a girl to me.

[name]Rylan[/name] is almost [name]Ryan[/name]. To me, it’s funky.

It looks made up and trendy, even tryndy. I would steer away from it.

Funny, my friends named their first son [name]Rylan[/name]. It seems to work fine for them; it’s not my own style. I wonder whether people often mistakenly add a “d” to the end or think it’s “[name]Ryan[/name].”

But definitely sounds boyish to me.