What do you think of Sumner?

The title is pretty self-explanatory.
I really like it for a boy, but is it too similar to [name]Summer[/name]? What do you think?

Also, which middle name works best:
[name]Sumner[/name] [name]Lee[/name]
[name]Sumner[/name] [name]Daniel[/name]
[name]Sumner[/name] [name]Langdon[/name] (I’m a huge fan of [name]Dan[/name] [name]Brown[/name] and his novels)
[name]Sumner[/name] [name]Benjamin[/name]
Suggestions are appreciated, as well.

Thanks so much :slight_smile:

i really like [name]Sumner[/name], it has kind of a southern charm too it. :o)

my 2nd son is “sumner sebastian”. together it means “majestic summoner” which is apropos since he was conceived while i was on the pill. yes, there is that occasional mix up with “summer”. but once corrected, people are head over heels with it. and we’ve never ever heard of or met anyone else with that name. my other 2 boys are “orson samuel” and “dashiell maccabee”. really good boy names can be tough. good luck.

I like the look of it how do you pronounce it Sum-ner is it? When I saw it I automatically thought of the singer Sting , his real name is [name]Gordon[/name] [name]Sumner[/name] which is pretty cool:)

I like [name]Sumner[/name] [name]Landon[/name] (which is close to your pick of [name]Sumner[/name] [name]Langdon[/name]).

While I really appreciate your suggestion, I really hate the name [name]Landon[/name]. And I think that the long A in [name]Langdon[/name] has a nice balance with [name]Sumner[/name]. [name]Landon[/name] just sounds off with [name]Sumner[/name].
This is just a disclaimer for anyone else who would like to suggest [name]Landon[/name], because I don’t like it.

But thanks for the suggestion, and I’d love to hear more :slight_smile:

From your list, my favorites are [name]Sumner[/name] [name]Benjamin[/name] and [name]Sumner[/name] [name]Langdon[/name].

Good luck! :slight_smile:

I would like it in the middle name spot. eg

[name]Hilton[/name] [name]Sumner[/name]
[name]Mason[/name] [name]Sumner[/name]
[name]Erik[/name] [name]Sumner[/name]
[name]Atticus[/name] [name]Sumner[/name]
[name]Felix[/name] [name]Sumner[/name]

when i saw the post it looked like [name]SUMMER[/name] to me. So yes i think people will get it mixed but but once you correct them Im sure they will not mistake it again. I love the name [name]Langdon[/name] as a middle or first.