What do you think of Sybella?

I just love how lovely this sounds. What do you think?

Oh - and what about spellings [name]Sabella[/name] or [name]Sibella[/name]? They look trendier, but not as petty to me.

I like [name]Sybella[/name]! I love [name]Sybil[/name], and [name]Sybella[/name] has that same feel, only a bit more romantic. I like it a lot.

I wouldn’t o with [name]Sabella[/name] or [name]Sibella[/name], though–[name]Sabella[/name] just looks like [name]Isabella[/name] with the “I” chopped off.

I prefer [name]Sabella[/name]. [name]Sibella[/name] looks…I don’t know…medical or something. And my first instinct with [name]Sybella[/name] is to say “sigh bella”. I love the name though!!

[name]Sybella[/name]. I imagine her personality being that of [name]Sybilla[/name] from ‘My brilliant career’ Headstrong, determined.

I prefer [name]Sybil[/name]! It’s old-fashioned and elegant, yet kind of spunky-sounding.

I prefer [name]Sybil[/name] too. [name]Sybella[/name] seems a bit like a “smoosh” name and more importantly I don’t like the cadence of the “[name]Sy[/name]-” and “-bella” because it is awkward to say whereas [name]Sybil[/name] rolls off the tongue so elegantly. I also like [name]Sibley[/name].

Thanks for all of your input. I really like [name]Sibyl[/name] too, but I think [name]Sybella[/name] is just a lot more usable, especially because it’s got the whole ‘bella’-name going for it. I’m not really a fan of [name]Sibley[/name] - it seems to sound like ‘Sibling’ when I say it!

I’ve always thought it was pretty, but it only really appealed to me after reading a few of the Telegraph birth announcements - I spotted a baby [name]Sybella[/name] ([name]Sybella[/name] [name]Sophie[/name] [name]Beatrix[/name] - gorgeous!) and a [name]Sibella[/name], sister to [name]William[/name] and [name]Clara[/name].