What do you think of the girls name Honour?

Hello all,

I am seriously considering naming my baby girl [name]Honour[/name].
Personally I think it is a classic, beautiful and elegant name, however I have received mixed reviews about this name suggestion and was wondering what my fellow nameberries think!

• [name]Do[/name] you like the name [name]Honour[/name]?

Secondly I am struggling on choosing a pretty middle name that flows well with [name]Honour[/name]. So far I am thinking:
[name]Honour[/name] [name]Rose[/name]
[name]Honour[/name] [name]Marie[/name]
[name]Honour[/name] [name]Elizabeth[/name], or
[name]Honour[/name] [name]Olivia[/name].

• What do you think of these names, which ones sound best together?
  • [name]Do[/name] you have any other middle name suggestions?

Thanks for your help!

I think that if you (and whatever other party/parties are involved, ie. significant other) love [name]Honour[/name] and want to use it, that’s all that matters. For the record, I wouldn’t be saying that if it were a totally “out there” name. It’s become much more mainstream thanks to high-profile parents like [name]Jessica[/name] [name]Alba[/name].

I favor your mn choices in this order:

[name]Honor[/name] [name]Elizabeth[/name]
[name]Honor[/name] [name]Marie[/name] (the top two are interchangeable, but [name]Elizabeth[/name] balances [name]Honour[/name] best imho)
[name]Honor[/name] [name]Olivia[/name] (this is nice as well, though a bit O-heavy)
[name]Honor[/name] [name]Rose[/name] (I think having the two R’s next to one another will cause mushing, ie. Honourose)

I love the name [name]Honour[/name]. I wouldn’t use it myself (it just doesn’t fit my style of names), but there is nothing negative about it. I think [name]Honour[/name] [name]Elizabeth[/name] is perfect! I don’t care for the other choices as much, although [name]Honour[/name] [name]Marie[/name] is nice.

I love the name [name]Honour[/name], dripping as it is with turn of the 20th century charm. You must be British to use that spelling! (Which I love.) I do think there is a pun with possibilities for teasing, but I don’t know if that would stop me. I think this name is a case for still using [name]Rose[/name] in the middle. It is perfect here.

To consider: [name]Add[/name] a final ‘a’ – Honoura [name]Rose[/name]. That gives you the nn [name]Nora[/name] ([name]Nora[/name] [name]Rose[/name]) if you want it.
Honouria is even more 19th century. You could consider if you find it more charming or more clunky. I can see how it could go either way.

But just plain [name]Honour[/name] [name]Rose[/name] is a lovely choice in my opinion.

I love the name [name]Honour[/name]. I like [name]Honour[/name] [name]Olivia[/name] best