What do you think of the name Alice?

I’m due on Friday and have had [name]Esme[/name], [name]Josephine[/name] and [name]Juliet[/name] as my top three names for awhile with [name]Jane[/name] and [name]Alice[/name] as middle names (both are family names). Now I’m considering [name]Alice[/name] as the first name. What are your thoughts on [name]Alice[/name]? Maybe [name]Alice[/name] [name]Ruby[/name] [name]Jane[/name] if it’s a [name]July[/name] baby . . .
[name]Just[/name] wondering what you think of [name]Alice[/name] and what kind of girl you imagine an [name]Alice[/name] to be!
Thanks again

I honestly have all of your names on my list for a girl, with [name]Josephine[/name] and [name]Juliet[/name]/[name]Julietta[/name] at the top, followed by [name]Esme[/name], [name]Alice[/name] and [name]Jane[/name]. I’m having a boy, so these are just names I’m writing down to keep track of.

I adore the name [name]Alice[/name]. It’s simple and elegant but doesn’t end in the common -a, so you have a wide selection of middle names available to you and it sets her apart. I’m not too keen on the two middle names myself but they do sound lovely together. [name]Josephine[/name] [name]Alice[/name] has been growing on me for quite a few months now.

Sadly, I know I will have to take this name off my own list, unless I suddenly decide not to go by [name]Alix[/name], anymore. However, that would be one less [name]Alice[/name] for you to worry about.

I love [name]Alice[/name]! I picture a spunky, playful, whimsical little girl with light hair and big, blue eyes. She’s a bit bookish and quiet, but she can talk when she wants to - I imagine her to be a bit of a smarty-pants kind of character, witty and clever and way too intelligent for her age! She’s a fun one.

My second favorite on your list is [name]Juliet[/name], for which I imagine a dark-haired girl with a bright, strong personality. She could be girly or a bit more of a tomboy and the name would still fit. I pick it second because I love [name]Jules[/name] as a nickname. Third would be [name]Josephine[/name] for me, but it feels a bit more clunky - heavy? - than the rest, so I don’t love it as much. [name]Esme[/name] just isn’t for me, to be honest…

[name]Lemon[/name] :slight_smile:

I actually really dislike this name. There’s something weak and lispy about the sound, and it reminds me of wilted lettuce. I think it sounds dweeby and lacks confidence. I also dislike that it starts with [name]Al[/name] and is often shortened to [name]Ally[/name], and I really hate that if you write the first two letters slightly apart you get the words “a lice,” which I know is technically meaningless (I guess the proper noun would be a “louse”), but the image is there nonetheless.

I love [name]Alice[/name]! Actually, I love your whole list except [name]Esme[/name]. [name]Alice[/name] [name]Josephine[/name] and [name]Alice[/name] [name]Juliet[/name] would be gorgeous!

I [name]LOVE[/name] [name]Alice[/name]! [name]Harriet[/name] [name]Alice[/name] nn [name]Hattie[/name] has been my top girls name forever! I would use it was a first name for sure if my husband liked it, (but what does he know?) :slight_smile:

[name]Alice[/name] reminds me of the maid on the [name]Brady[/name] Bunch.