what do you think of the name BONNIE?

just wondering. i think its a pretty name. means happy and beautiful

Oh, I just love it so much, but I fear I may be in the minority on that. I think it is so sweet. And you could pair it with a variety of MNs to get an adorable combo.

i love it as well. i hope more do. becoz it isnt odd its sweet and everythign u said! lol

I love it, its very sweet and cute.

i really dislike this name but i think its cos i know someone with this name and she is not very ‘bonnie’ shall we say!! [name]Just[/name] reminds me of bonnets and being bonny , sort of annoying :frowning:

I like [name]Bonnie[/name] (although it’s quite something to live up to all the time, I suppose). Probably because I’ve met two Bonnies who suited the name perfectly. One was when I was a teenager, and the other was a professional woman when I was about 22. It suited both the “cute teen” stage and the adult [name]Bonnie[/name]. I’m not sure I’d use it myself, but I’d love it if someone else did.

totally disagree. lol btu no everyoen lieks names. but dotn let peopel put u off names. ull meet a nice bonnie onedya, liek ill meet a nice lauren or sarah…

I have really no opionon on [name]Bonnie[/name]. For two reasons though, when i was in highschool, there was a girl me and my friends knew that was really abd into drugs. She told us that her dad beat her, and lyed about the whole thing (which we didnt find out until after me and my friends actually did something to try and stop it) and she had really bad issues. she would hurt herself and sya other people did it, and was on all kinda of medicine and was really sick. I will probably always have this association, and thats terrible because i never knew what ended up happening to her. And then i think of [name]Kim[/name] Possible. The mean girl was named [name]Bonnie[/name].

I used to seriously dislike it. Maybe it just looks like and sounds like a nickname, except it’s not short for anything. It also has a weird sound, Bonnn… Kind of like [name]Bunny[/name] but with an o? I guess it seemed like a mom name when I was growing up, and I don’t recall any classmates with this name. It was that song we sang in [name]Music[/name], “My [name]Bonnie[/name] lies over the [name]Ocean[/name],” that I guess the name sounds too much like naming your child “Darling” or “Sweetie.” It’s hard to remember where I got that idea - is [name]Bonnie[/name] someone’s name in the song, or is it really, my [name]Honey[/name], my [name]Baby[/name]… I think this is what our music teacher taught us, so it’s hard for me to take it seriously.

I met a [name]Bonnie[/name] in college. She didn’t go to my school, but she came to visit her boyfriend who lived on my floor in the dorms. I guess I got used to the name. She was cute, sort of short, thin, brown hair, maybe had a very nice personality, I guess. I liked the way her name sounded when her boyfriend said her name. Awww. I guess the name had a chance to get to me at that point. I later had a plant and named it [name]Bonnie[/name]. It didn’t last very long. [name]Every[/name] time I think I might like the name [name]Bonnie[/name], I feel like it’s a crushing mistake, I’ve deluded myself. It’s a trap. Whenever someone loves a name I really dislike, and I feel the urge to argue them out of it - how can you miss this glaring problem with that name, how can you only hear it like it’s great? I have inner battles with myself over [name]Bonnie[/name]. I think I like it but there’s something wrong with it, that I can’t quite put to bed once and for all.

My first childhood friend was named [name]Bonnie[/name]. Then, she was a chubby, rosy-cheeked two year old. I saw pictures from her wedding this year, and she was an enchanting, summery-looking redhead. Honestly, she looked like a maiden in ancient [name]Ireland[/name] or something.

Needless to say, the picture of “[name]Bonnie[/name]” in my mind is of an adorable child and a lovely, cheerful woman. I love [name]Bonnie[/name]!

I like it in general. It makes me think of a wholesome country girl. I had a friend named [name]Bonnie[/name] growing up (born about 1982) and she was very pretty and sweet. So I think it is fitting if you live in a rurual area but I can’t picture [name]Bonnie[/name] being a big city girl.

Personally, I think it is an adorable name, which would also work well on an adult. I am English, and have only known one, but she really lived up to the name. I do sometimes feel like it should be short for something, but I can’t think of anything which it could be a nn for … although perhaps it could work, at a stretch, as a nn for any name meaning happy, such as [name]Letitia[/name].

As I mentioned, I am English, though, and so for me the name holds quirky, Southern American charm - in the USA itself, the reaction could be different.