What do you think of the name Carson?

Okay…we’re trying to come up with a boy’s name and we are struggling. The short list has been [name]Liam[/name], [name]Miles[/name], and [name]Graham[/name], but I’m not sure any of those are the winner. We recently have given some thought to [name]Carson[/name] and I want to know what people think of it. Is it trendy? Cheesy? Masculine? Too androgynous? The best name ever? All thoughts appreciated. Thanks!

I actually like your other choices more (sorry!). I think [name]Liam[/name] will be pretty popular though. [name]Miles[/name] is fantastic! [name]Graham[/name] is nice too, although not my favorite from your list (I do like the Scottish spelling [name]Graeme[/name] quite a bit). I know two female Carsons, and it also reminds me of [name]Carson[/name] [name]Daly[/name] :frowning:

Some other names you might like:
[name]Neil[/name]
[name]Elliott[/name]
[name]Duncan[/name]
[name]Wilson[/name]
[name]Winston[/name]
[name]Emmett[/name]
[name]Desmond[/name]
[name]Nolan[/name]
[name]Phineas[/name]
[name]Finnian[/name]
[name]Leo[/name]
[name]Hugh[/name]
[name]Oscar[/name]

I second [name]Olive[/name] (plus [name]Carson[/name] reminding me of [name]Johnny[/name]). :slight_smile: What about [name]Harrison[/name]?

It’s not particularly my style but I think it’s kind of cool, nothing to dislike. I like it better than [name]Conrad[/name], and better than most other names that end in “son,” actually.

I do think of [name]Carson[/name] [name]Daly[/name] and so that has feminine connotations for me. Plus I never really liked him.

[name]How[/name] about [name]Callan[/name], [name]Mason[/name] or [name]Hudson[/name]

I think because of [name]Carson[/name] [name]Daly[/name] it has a “trendy” feel to it. If that makes sense. Its not overbearing though, and I definitley do not hate the name at all, just I think there are better ones out there :slight_smile: Oh, and I looked it up here on nameberry…its number 89. I really, really try to stay away from any name under 100. That way I think the child has more of a chance to have its OWN name instead of sharing it with 5 others in his/her class…if that makes sense :slight_smile:

[name]How[/name] about…

[name]Callum[/name]
[name]Grayson[/name]
[name]Lachlan[/name]
[name]Cullen[/name]
[name]Cale[/name]/[name]Kale[/name]
[name]Camden[/name]
[name]Clayton[/name] (nn [name]Clay[/name])
[name]Blair[/name]
[name]Blake[/name]
[name]Sullivan[/name]
[name]Cody[/name]/[name]Kody[/name]
[name]Coby[/name]/[name]Koby[/name]
[name]Weston[/name]

I really love the name [name]Carsten[/name]. Sounds a lot like [name]Carson[/name]. Less of a surname feel. It’s [name]German[/name].

I like [name]Carson[/name].
One of the basic questions baby names is whether you’d rather have a name that is unusual or popular.
If a name is trendy, there might be four in every classroom, and if it’s unusual, there might not be another one in the whole school.
Finding that elusive middle ground can be a challenge!
[name]Carson[/name] has been hovering around 100th most popular since the turn of the 21st century, which is a good middle ground.

[name]Carson[/name] is a bit [name]Johnny[/name] [name]Carson[/name]-ish. I do like your other choices better. What about [name]Cameron[/name]?