What do you think of the name Cassia?

I just discovered this name, and I really like it. I prefer first names for girl’s that aren’t in the top 1000, and this name isn’t. Plus I love the nicknames [name]Cass[/name] and [name]Cassie[/name].

Anyway, what do you think of it?
Rate and/or comment?
Any suggestions for middle names? (I prefer having two middle names, but if you can only think of one, I would still appreciate that.) If you do have suggestions, please have a max of 7 combos on your list.

Thanks!

BTW, I’m not pregnant, just a name collector.

I think the sound of [name]Cassia[/name] is very, very pretty, but to me, it has a slight “invented name” vibe, even though I know it’s a 100% real Greek name, if that makes sense. Are you pronouncing it [name]Cass[/name]-ee-uh or [name]Cash[/name]-uh? I’m saying [name]Cash[/name]-uh, but am wondering if pronunciation will be an issue with this name.

If I were to rate it, with 5 being the best and 1 being the worst, I think I’d give it a 3, due to that invented feel (just slight…) and potential pronunciation issues.

(Pronouncing it [name]Cash[/name]-uh):

[name]Cassia[/name] [name]Genevieve[/name] [name]Pearl[/name]
[name]Cassia[/name] [name]Vivienne[/name] [name]Laurel[/name]
[name]Cassia[/name] [name]Marielle[/name] [name]Violet[/name]
[name]Cassia[/name] Rosamel [name]Blythe[/name]
[name]Cassia[/name] [name]Mirabelle[/name] [name]Wren[/name]

Good luck to you! :slight_smile:

I’m pronouncing it cass-ee-uh. I didn’t know it could also be pronounced cash-uh until I looked up the pronunciation of the name.
Plus I love the nicknames [name]Cass[/name] and [name]Cassie[/name], so that’s how I discovered [name]Cassia[/name].

But thanks for the middle name suggestions :slight_smile:

You’re welcome! :slight_smile: I like the [name]Cass[/name]-ee-uh pronunciation better, too. [name]Do[/name] you like [name]Cassandra[/name]?

I actually love [name]Cassandra[/name], but it’s a little too popular for my taste. I love first names to be names that aren’t in the top 1000.
And also, one of favorite names at the moment has [name]Cassandra[/name] as a middle name: [name]Gwyneth[/name] [name]Cassandra[/name] [name]Faye[/name].

I like [name]Cassia[/name], but it’s not as pretty as [name]Cassandra[/name]. This has always been a favourite name of mine, but unfortunately we wasted it on a family dog some years ago. Recently I have come across Callandra nn [name]Callie[/name] or [name]Calla[/name], and I like that a lot so it may appeal to you too!

[name]Cassia[/name] is pretty I do think of cinnamon though which isn’t a bad association.

I don’t usually think of two middle names but I’ll try.

[name]Cassia[/name] [name]Adrienne[/name] [name]Vega[/name]
[name]Cassia[/name] [name]Lorraine[/name] [name]Vesta[/name] (I’m on a “V” thing today)
[name]Cassia[/name] [name]Ysabel[/name] [name]Frances[/name]
[name]Cassia[/name] [name]Priscilla[/name] Linley
[name]Cassia[/name] [name]Leilani[/name] [name]Day[/name]
[name]Cassia[/name] [name]Leonie[/name] [name]Harper[/name]/[name]Parker[/name]
[name]Cassia[/name] [name]Rosalie[/name] [name]Brighton[/name]

I also like [name]Cassandra[/name].

[name]Cassia[/name] [name]Rosamund[/name] [name]Viera[/name]

I think that [name]Cassia[/name] is a beautiful name! Its very pretty and femmine. The first think i thought of for whatever reason was [name]Caspian[/name] from the chronciles of narnia but thats cause im weird and i dont think that anyone else will make that connection. haha.

To pick a middle name it would be helpful to know your last name. but here are some suggestions.

[name]Cassia[/name] [name]Madeline[/name]
[name]Cassia[/name] [name]Brynn[/name]
[name]Cassia[/name] [name]Maeve[/name]
[name]Cassia[/name] Pamona
[name]Cassia[/name] [name]Reese[/name]
[name]Cassia[/name] [name]Shanae[/name] (sha-nay)
[name]Cassia[/name] [name]Tallulah[/name]

Their not great:/ but im not so good at picking middle names. most my posts are about middle names. haha
well good luck:) it is a adorable name:)

I like [name]Cassia[/name] but only pronounced cash-uh. I like names to be pronounced how they’re meant to be pronounced, and in the case of [name]Cassia[/name], that’s cash-uh.

I have a friend called [name]Cassia[/name] (cash-uh), but we all call her [name]Cass[/name], because of the spelling of the name. Pronouncing [name]Cassia[/name] the correct way doesn’t mean the nicknames [name]Cass[/name] and [name]Cassie[/name] still can’t be used.

I love [name]Cassia[/name]–it’s unusual without being complicated, and I find it fresher than [name]Cassandra[/name]. It doesn’t have a made-up vibe to me at all; it just looks Greek. I like the kass-ee-a pronunciation, myself. (And Elsabea, I’d like to respectfully disagree with you about it being “meant to be” pronounced cash-uh. Meant by whom? Ancient Greeks would have pronounced it with three syllables.)