What do you think of the name Cecilia?

[name]Hi[/name], everyone. I want to name my daughter [name]Cecilia[/name] (it’s a family name) but everyone seems to have bad experiences with Cecilias. What type of girl do you picture when you hear the name [name]Cecilia[/name]? Is she nice? Artsy? Funny? Classy? I don’t want to give her a bad start. Our last name is [name]Rose[/name].

I think it’s a pretty name without being too showy… I love the nickname Cici or [name]Celia[/name]… I think any associations with the name are not ones to last (like from TV shows, etc) but brief thoughts while whatever character is on whatever show

It’s my consistent favorite, I just hope it doesn’t get too popular!

I’m pretty big on meanings, so the meaning of [name]Cecilia[/name] is enough to push me away from the name.
I’m not really a fan of the sound either for some reason…it’s not a bad name, but I’d never use it.

I see an artsy, somewhat stuckup, quiet girl. She’s the kind who won’t hang out with others if she feels their “beneath” her.

[name]Cecilia[/name] [name]Rose[/name] is a pretty name! But I don’t picture a very positive image for her, sorry!

I love [name]Cecelia[/name] she is a pretty, willowy girl with lots of sweetness and charm with the cute nn’s of CeeCee, [name]Celia[/name], [name]Leah[/name] or even [name]Cecily[/name].

I absolutely love it! I like [name]Celia[/name] better, though. It is a little easier on the tongue, and the meaning is nicer. I see a sweet feminine girl.

It’s lovely, but I prefer the spelling [name]Cecelia[/name]. [name]Celia[/name] is pretty, too.

I think it’s a beautiful name. It’s one of my favorites. I slightly prefer the [name]Cecelia[/name] spelling, but the [name]Cecilia[/name] spelling is fine in my opinion too.

I like it! I personally prefer [name]Cecily[/name] (for the association to [name]Oscar[/name] Wilde’s The Importance of Being [name]Ernest[/name], which I just adore), but [name]Cecilia[/name] is lovely, too.

I associate it with the three Cecilias/Cecelias I know–the adorable little baby of a friend, one of my elementary school best friends (who was cheerful, kind, and a lot of fun to hang out with), and a [name]Cecilia[/name] I knew in high school–Brazilian, positively gorgeous (like modelesque gorgeous!), smart (finished-high-school-in-3-years smart), cheerful, kind, sweet, friendly. They go by [name]Celia[/name], Cece, and Ceci respectively. I have a lot of great associations with the name. :slight_smile:

Good luck!

The meaning isn’t that great ( it means blind) but if you love it, I think it’s still a really pretty name!

I chose [name]Cecilia[/name] for my saint’s name in Confirmation, so I’m biased, but I love that name! It flows so nicely and just sounds so classic without being cutesy or frumpy. And [name]Cecily[/name] is such a cute nickname!

I love it and have no experiences at all with the name good or bad. I dislike [name]Celia[/name]. I really like the variation [name]Sheila[/name] if you want something less popular.

I think it’s so beautiful. It’s always been a favourite of mine. I picture a smart, pretty, classy girl, with darker hair. Not sure why though!

I like it, [name]Ive[/name] never understood the backlash about the meaning, blindness isnt the worst thing in the world I dont think.

I like it, but prefer the [name]Caecilia[/name] spelling.

My step daughter is Cesylia. I was mortified when I met her, I thought it was such an old lady name! But it has grown on me. She is an absolutley perfect, funny, beautiful child so it has only good thoughts for me :slight_smile:

I really like the name. It is on my list of favorite girl names. I do prefer the [name]Cecelia[/name] spelling and love the idea of Cece or Cici as a nickname. I don’t think we are going to use it, because my husband doesn’t like it, but I definitely do! And I don’t have any bad experiences or bad pictures of a [name]Cecelia[/name]/[name]Cecilia[/name].

It’s pretty! :slight_smile: