What do you think of the name Charm?

As a stand alone name rather than a nickname

It’s interesting! I wish there were more nicknames besides [name_f]Char[/name_f]. I’m not a big fan but I could see it.

I like the idea of it, and if I’m remembering correctly, there’s a mom on Instagram with a little girl named Charm, but I don’t know that it’s my favourite. Maybe as a middle?

Maybe [name_u]Ari[/name_u] or [name_f]Mimi[/name_f] as a nickname?

1 Like

I think it’s a unique name! I love unique names and can see it on a boy rather than a girl, however I think of Charmander the Pokémon :rofl: so maybe that can be a fun nickname (I think of when people call [name_f]Megan[/name_f]’s Megatron) I do feel I wouldn’t chose it as a first name but I think it depends on the middle name combo and last name combo, I would totally adore it if a little boy was named Charm [name_m]David[/name_m] or a girl Charm [name_f]Florence[/name_f]! I think as a stand-alone it lacks character but with a middle or another first name I love it!

1 Like

I like it as a nickname, but not as a given name. Reminds me of a pregnancy announcement I saw for a [name_u]March[/name_u] baby, with lucky charms cereal.

There’s a family I follow online who have a little one named Charm. I thought it was a very brave choice (though it does fit in with her siblings names!). I really do like the sound of Charm, and I think it can work because word names are getting more popular. I think I slightly prefer it as a middle, which then can be used as a nn! It would definitely make a fun, quirky first though! :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

It doesn’t seem like a name at all to me, sorry. Maybe it would work in the middle spot.

It’s a big guilty pleasure name for me

I don’t it like it. To me it’s like naming your child ‘incantation’ or ‘spell’ that’s what first comes to mind more than ‘charisma’ or ‘[name_f]Grace[/name_f]’

The Australian family? All of them have such unique names!

1 Like

yes!! I’ve followed them since before their two youngest were born, and both times I was so excited to see what name they’d choose because I knew it’d be so unexpected!

1 Like

Same!! They’re so fun and cherry :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I like it!

Maybe a MN? Not as a FN, sorry

Mn for me, I just wouldn’t be brave enough to use it as a first.:grin:

Super unique, if you like it you could definitely use it but it’s not my style :blush:

I like word names! Charm reminds me of [name_f]Chalice[/name_f] and Amulet :grinning:

I really like the name [name_f]Charmian[/name_f]–can be [name_f]Shar[/name_f]–mee-an or [name_f]Char[/name_f]–mee–an. It’s from the Greek for joy. Nn could be Charm.

im sorry but im not a big fan