What do you think of the name Clemens (or Klemens) ?

Hello!
I think that it’s very beautiful name. Not too popular, and seems very classic to me. Would do you think about this name? Or maybe do you prefer [name_m]Clement[/name_m]? Thank you for all replies.

I do like it. I had at one time considered the feminine variation [name_f]Clemence[/name_f] for a little girl and one of my favorite animals on our farm is called [name_f]Clementine[/name_f]. I do think [name_m]Clemens[/name_m]/[name_m]Klemens[/name_m] sound more like a surname than a first name to me, but that might be your style. I like the sound and the meaning is very sweet.

I like [name_m]Clemens[/name_m], but I really struggle to like names with a K- so the [name_m]Klemens[/name_m] spelling doesn’t do it for me. I think [name_m]Clemens[/name_m] is soft but striking; I like [name_m]Clement[/name_m] a lot too. Can’t decide which I like better… I think I prefer [name_m]Clement[/name_m] slightly, but both are lovely names - traditional and underused, as you say.

I prefer [name_m]Clement[/name_m], and although I love [name_m]Clement[/name_m], I don’t like the sound of [name_m]Clemens[/name_m] for some reason.

Thanks for all answers! I agree that this name is very underused. It has beautiful meaning and vintage vibe.
Can you recommend me some middle name options or names that are similar to [name_m]Clemens[/name_m]/[name_m]Klemens[/name_m]/[name_m]Clement[/name_m] (when it comes to style) ?

I think I prefer [name_m]Clement[/name_m], as well. I do know a little boy named [name_m]Emmons[/name_m] which I think I like more than [name_m]Clement[/name_m]/[name_m]Clemens[/name_m]/[name_m]Klemens[/name_m] but it has a similar sound.

[name_m]Clemens[/name_m] [name_u]Taylor[/name_u]
[name_m]Clemens[/name_m] [name_m]Isaac[/name_m]
[name_m]Clemens[/name_m] [name_u]Noah[/name_u]
[name_m]Clemens[/name_m] [name_u]Elliot[/name_u]
[name_m]Clemens[/name_m] [name_m]Julian[/name_m]

[name_m]Clement[/name_m] [name_m]Israel[/name_m]
[name_m]Clement[/name_m] [name_u]Justice[/name_u]
[name_m]Clement[/name_m] [name_u]Mercer[/name_u]

Maybe you would like…
[name_m]Desmond[/name_m]
[name_m]Carleton[/name_m]
[name_m]Byron[/name_m]
[name_m]Jennings[/name_m]
[name_m]Truman[/name_m]
[name_u]Ellington[/name_u]
[name_m]Julian[/name_m]

Wow, thank you! I really like most of your suggestions. These all names sound very sophisticated and elegant. I am happy that you like [name_m]Clement[/name_m] / [name_m]Clemens[/name_m] :).

I prefer the crisper [name_m]Clement[/name_m], it’s one of my favourites :slight_smile:
I would name [name_m]Clement[/name_m]'s brothers [name_m]Ishmael[/name_m], [name_m]Johannes[/name_m], [name_m]Theron[/name_m], [name_m]Sylvan[/name_m], [name_m]Moses[/name_m], [name_u]Laurence[/name_u], [name_m]Leopold[/name_m], [name_m]Alasdair[/name_m], [name_m]Ambrose[/name_m], [name_m]Edmund[/name_m], [name_u]Blaise[/name_u], [name_m]Conrad[/name_m], [name_m]Florin[/name_m], [name_m]Hector[/name_m], [name_m]Innes[/name_m], [name_m]Phineas[/name_m], [name_m]Ptolemy[/name_m], [name_m]Roland[/name_m], [name_m]Solomon[/name_m], [name_m]Anton[/name_m], [name_m]Forest[/name_m] and [name_m]Thaddeus[/name_m]

[name_u]Columba[/name_u] is one I’m trying to promote which I think has the same soft seriousness as [name_m]Clement[/name_m].

My b-i-l is named [name_m]Clemens[/name_m] ([name_m]German[/name_m] family) and I quite like it. He’s nicknamed [name_u]Clemmy[/name_u] (those who knew him as a child) or [name_m]Clay[/name_m] - those who met him as an adult.

Thanks for all suggestions, I really like the name [name_m]Leopold[/name_m]!