What do you think of the name Elle Dodd?

I love the name [name_f]Elodie[/name_f] but my husband hates it (thinks it’s a bit trashy/bogan) but does agree to the name [name_f]Elle[/name_f]. I’m worried that it doesn’t work with our surname as they are both only one syllable. We would name her [name_f]Elle[/name_f] [name_f]Marie[/name_f] Dodd if we decide. What do you think? I also can’t use the name [name_f]Ella[/name_f] as we have two nieces with that as their middle name.
I really wanted a shortish pretty name for a girl.
I would love other people’s honest opinions.
We have a backup name but I feel it’s more strong rather than pretty/sweet. [name_u]Piper[/name_u] [name_f]Mae[/name_f] Dodd.:slight_smile:

I think [name_f]Elle[/name_f] is lovely - spare but soft and feminine too. With Dodd it does make for a short combo, but I actually quite like the punchiness of it. It sound sweet but strong, no fuss.

I have a single-syllable last name and would never consider a single-syllable first name, but preferences vary, so only you can decide about that. To me, [name_f]Elle[/name_f] Dodd sounds too short - just boom boom and you’re done.

[name_m]How[/name_m] about [name_f]Eleanor[/name_f] Dodd? You could call her [name_f]Elle[/name_f]. [name_u]Piper[/name_u] Dodd also flows well. :slight_smile:

I think that [name_f]Elle[/name_f] Dodd is too short

Instead of sounding pretty it is very chopped off sounding, although I do like [name_f]Elle[/name_f] but I think I would look for a two syllable first name.

[name_f]Elle[/name_f] is on our short list as a nickname but I agree it is a little short. Maybe something you can get [name_f]Elle[/name_f] from?
[name_u]Eloise[/name_u]
[name_f]Helen[/name_f]
[name_f]Penelope[/name_f] (a little softer than piper)
Lucielle
[name_f]Brielle[/name_f]
[name_f]Cecile[/name_f]
There are a ton of names you can pull [name_f]Elle[/name_f] from.

I don’t see the probably. It’s okay to have a short name and short lastname, not a big deal. Choose what you like, that’s what matters. No one cares if it’s long, short, etc. Maybe her last name will change one day anyways.

Sounds good to me. I would rather choose a first name that I love and have a more unique* :slight_smile: flow than a first name I’m not as keen on even if it does fit the ideal syllabic flow.

Thanks everyone for your input. I still have so much to think about. I’m still hunting for another name but I keep seeing all the same ones over and over. ” Naming our babes is the hardest thing!

I too think [name_f]Elle[/name_f] is a little too short, espescially because it sounds like the letter L when said out loud. I love [name_f]Elodie[/name_f] but if your partner thinks it’s too bogan there is

[name_f]Eleanor[/name_f]
[name_f]Elowen[/name_f] (pronounced el-OH-en)
[name_f]Elizabeth[/name_f]
[name_f]Eliza[/name_f]
[name_u]Elliot[/name_u]
[name_f]Elsie[/name_f]
[name_f]Elsa[/name_f]

You like [name_u]Piper[/name_u], so what about [name_f]Pippa[/name_f]? A little more sweet sounding.