What do you think of the name Georgiana?

I’m still loving [name]Isadora[/name] [name]Clio[/name], but also love the name [name]Georgiana[/name] - what do you think?

For boys names, liking [name]Frederick[/name] [name]Grey[/name] and [name]Alec[/name] [name]Dimitri[/name].

I love the names [name]Isadora[/name] and [name]Georgiana[/name].

I like it, along with [name]Georgina[/name] and [name]Georgia[/name].

I love [name]Georgiana[/name]. I think its more interesting than [name]Georgia[/name] and on a little girl the nickname [name]Georgie[/name] is so cute. It also reminds me of Mr. [name]Darcy[/name]'s sister in Pride and Prejudice, which is a great reference. I slightly prefer [name]Georgina[/name] because I think if you’re in the US there are a lot of pronunciation issues with [name]Georgiana[/name], but otherwise I love it.

I have always loved [name]Georgiana[/name]!! I love its historical background (from [name]Georgiana[/name] [name]Darcy[/name] of Pride and Prejudice to [name]Georgiana[/name] , Duchess of Devonshire).

I also love how it has two (or more) pronounciations

I love [name]Georgiana[/name]! Another movie that features a [name]Georgiana[/name] is ‘The Girl Can’t Help It’, with [name]Jayne[/name] [name]Mansfield[/name] playing a very sexy [name]Georgiana[/name]!

her name was actually [name]Jerri[/name] [name]Jordan[/name] in the film, but you are right, very sexy in the film! :slight_smile:

her name was actually [name]Jerri[/name] [name]Jordan[/name] in the film, but you are right, very sexy in the film! :)[/quote]

Sorry, I don’t mean to be rude, but it was [name]Georgiana[/name]. She was nicknamed [name]Jerri[/name], and they used that as her stage name in the movie.

http://www.tcm.com/tcmdb/title.jsp?stid=76287

While [name]Isadora[/name] is rather nice, here’s another vote for [name]Georgiana[/name]! I’ve always loved the name [name]Georgiana[/name]! For a boy, again, both names are nice, but I happen to prefer [name]Frederick[/name] [name]Grey[/name]. Good luck!

her name was actually [name]Jerri[/name] [name]Jordan[/name] in the film, but you are right, very sexy in the film! :)[/quote]

Sorry, I don’t mean to be rude, but it was [name]Georgiana[/name]. She was nicknamed [name]Jerri[/name], and they used that as her stage name in the movie.

http://www.tcm.com/tcmdb/title.jsp?stid=76287[/quote]

its all good - i looked it up to see and they didn’t list the name… lol

i am just wary of picking a name that is overly popular… so when you named a third reference… i was like … what!!! O:)

http://www.tcm.com/tcmdb/title.jsp?stid=76287[/quote]

its all good - i looked it up to see and they didn’t list the name… lol

i am just wary of picking a name that is overly popular… so when you named a third reference… i was like … what!!! O:)[/quote]

No thats ok, I thought I was crazy - I loved that movie as a kid and I was remembering a part where she repeats her name over and over and I was like…why would she be doing that if her name was [name]Jerri[/name]?

It’s pronounced differently than in The Duchess, where it is pronounced Geor-JAYN-a. It is pronounced [name]Georgy[/name]-ahna.

I had this name on my list, but my husband thought it too long. I like the nn [name]Gia[/name].

You took the words right out of my mouth!
Duchesse of devonshire is the first thing that springs to mind then Pride and prejudice…I love the name…Its really elegant…

[name]Love[/name] love love [name]Georgiana[/name]!!

Of course I love the P&P reference. BTW all these references don’t make the name more popular/common, since most are not from this century. It’s a little frilly for my taste, but a beautiful name.

I don’t like [name]Georgia[/name] and I don’t like [name]Georgina[/name]. I [name]LOVE[/name] [name]Georgiana[/name]. I always think of P&P. She could be called [name]Gigi[/name]!

I really love the name [name]Georgiana[/name]! I think it’s so elegant and charming, and I love the potential [name]Georgie[/name] nickname, too. :slight_smile:

I love your list of names!

Good luck!

I love the name [name]Georgiana[/name]. gorgeous!

I love [name]Georgiana[/name] (and I love that so many others love Pride and Prejudice!). To me, it’s so much better than [name]Georgia[/name] or [name]Georgina[/name].

We’re planning on naming our first daughter [name]Georgiana[/name] [name]Lily[/name], in honor of my maternal grandfather and my favorite flower (Peruvian [name]Lily[/name], which actually isn’t a lily at all :slight_smile:

I love the elegance of the name and love that it has lots of charming nicknames. We’ll probably go with [name]Georgie[/name], which I know isn’t the favored nickname of most people we ask, but could also choose [name]Gigi[/name] or [name]Georgia[/name] or [name]Georgette[/name] as nicknames. There are so many to choose from and they’re all stylistically so different.

I do worry sometimes that it’ll be misspelled or mispronounced as [name]Georgianna[/name], but I don’t think that’s enough to turn me off to it. The “ORGI” right in the middle makes me nervous, too (am I the only one who sees words within names?) but it’s fairly subliminal.