What do you think of the name Kalina?

Recently heard a little girl have this name, and I thought it was really cute and elegant in a way; plus I like how simple it is to spell, say, and it’s a type of flower, plus the connection to my slavic heritage. I haven’t really heard it much before today, what are your guys thoughts on [name_f]Kalina[/name_f]? does it age well? Any nicknames? not sure if it’s popular or not here in Serbia, my grandma said it isn’t heard as often, but not sure about other European countries or in the USA; but either way it’s cool.

3 Likes

It’s considered dated here in Poland, though not frightfully so. Maybe the equivalent of Jessica? Even less so. Anyway, it inspires no strong feelings in me. Kalinka would be used as a nickname.

2 Likes

Ooh [name_f]Kalina[/name_f] is pretty and sleek. I like it!

[name_f]Lina[/name_f], [name_f]Kallie[/name_f], [name_m]Kal[/name_m], [name_f]Kia[/name_f], [name_f]Kiki[/name_f] as nn?

1 Like

I think it’s lovely! It has a very sweet and fun sound, and great nicknames!

2 Likes

I knew a [name_f]Kalina[/name_f], it’s a really sweet name imo. The [name_f]Kalina[/name_f] I knew went by [name_u]Kali[/name_u] :slight_smile:

1 Like

I think it’s a pretty name. I live in the US and I’ve only ever known one [name_f]Kalena[/name_f] (with that spelling).

1 Like

I know a [name_f]Kalina[/name_f] in her early 30s (southern US) and it suits her perfectly.

1 Like

I know one [name_f]Kalina[/name_f] and she’s a very sweet girl. I like this name, it sounds simple yet very lovely :rose:

1 Like

I think it’s very nice and elegant

1 Like

I’ve never heard it before and I like it! I tend to like names that start with the “cal” sound, and this one has some great nickname potential too!

1 Like