What do you think of the name Kelsey for a boy?

What do you think?

I don’t know any male [name_u]Kelsey[/name_u]’s but I do know a male [name_u]Casey[/name_u] and I think it’s very handsome!!

I think the name’s been taken by the girls, Unfortuantely.

That was my first thought, too. I think it works!

1 Like

I could definitely see it on a boy! I also sort of like [name_u]Kendall[/name_u] on a boy and it is similar to that.

I don’t like it for either sex, I’m afraid, but I’d appreciate seeing it used on a boy!

1 Like

Kelsey reminds me of [name_u]Casey[/name_u] and [name_u]Kelly[/name_u] which I’ve heard on boys. I think it works

I like it in theory, but I worry people would always assume a [name_u]Kelsey[/name_u] was a girl. I only know girl Kelseys, though, so I might think it’s more feminine than it is. It would be a great middle name, though!

Never met a [name_u]Kelsey[/name_u] in my life so first thought when I heard the name, I thought of [name_u]Kelsey[/name_u] Grammer. I think it’s lovely and definitely sounds more masculine to me

I think it definitely has a similar style to many names commonly used for boys and girls!

I haven’t considered this one before, but I really really like it.

And the nickname Kel is fab :heart_eyes:

Definitely think of [name_u]Kelsey[/name_u] Grammer and I think it could be a genuinely good name for a boy. I actually really like it and it’s up there with [name_u]Cassidy[/name_u] and [name_u]Ashley[/name_u] on names I would use if they hadn’t been taken up by girls!

I’d find it quite fresh and unique if I got to meet a little boy named [name_u]Kelsey[/name_u]

I don’t love it. I would just think of Kelsey Grammer every time. I don’t know any male Kelsey’s personally, but I have a male friend whose middle name is Kelsey, and he doesn’t like it. But if you love it and it feels like your style, then go with it! You’re never going to please everyone and as long as you’re not naming your child Googlebox McPoopyshoes or something then go with your gut! (I will now be checking the birth announcements for Googlebox McPoopyshoes as I’m sure that name is about to take off.)

I like it. I went to middle school with a guy named [name_u]Kelsey[/name_u].

Love it! I’m personally a fan of it being on boys rather than girls and [name_u]Kelsey[/name_u] isn’t so popular on girls right now that I think everyone will think he’s a girl. [name_m]Even[/name_m] if they did, is that bad? After all, lots of girls are being named what are currently considered boy names and that doesn’t seem to bother anyone (though lol, it does bother me). And in this case, [name_u]Kelsey[/name_u] was originally a boy’s name, so I say go for it.

Makes me think of [name_u]Kelsey[/name_u] Grammar, so I don’t mind it. If I saw it on paper, I would assume he was a she, but that happens with a lot of other names, as well. Clearly, [name_u]Kelsey[/name_u] Grammar has done just fine being male and having it as a first name, so why not?

To me it could have the same feel as [name_u]Darcy[/name_u] - in Pride and Prejudice.

I think as a middle name to a very classic, strong, masculine first, it could be really neat: [name_m]Alexander[/name_m] [name_u]Kelsey[/name_u], [name_u]Benjamin[/name_u] [name_u]Kelsey[/name_u], [name_m]Nicholas[/name_m] [name_u]Kelsey[/name_u], [name_m]Christopher[/name_m] [name_u]Kelsey[/name_u], [name_m]Reuben[/name_m] [name_u]Kelsey[/name_u]…

I never thought about it before, though.

I dig it !!!