What do you think of the name Mira?...any other suggestions?

We are thinking about naming our daughter [name]Mira[/name] [name]Grace[/name], but are not confident yet. Some people have said [name]Mira[/name] will be mispronounced or that they just don’t like it. Please give me your honest opinion or other ideas. I just thought of [name]Ella[/name] [name]Grace[/name] today. Thoughts on it?

Here are some other names I like but we won’t use b/c we have close friends who have used these names. [name]Do[/name] you have any suggestions for similar names? I’ve realized I really like names that end in “a”. ([name]Hannah[/name], [name]Elliana[/name], [name]Emma[/name], [name]Olivia[/name] (husband doesn’t like), [name]Abigail[/name], [name]Grace[/name]

Thanks for your input!

[name]Mira[/name] is a beautiful name and more widely used than it used to be so it’s far less likely to be mispronounced than a generation ago (also, people have been exposed to it through [name]Mira[/name] Sorvino and [name]Mira[/name] Nair, so it has some familiarity but not overexposure). I would use it in a heartbeat if I liked the sound of it with my last name a little more. It’s romantic without being too frilly, has a nice meaning, and is also culturally versatile. [name]Ella[/name] is also a good choice but its sound is becoming somewhat overexposed at the moment because of all the Bellas, etc.

Some other suggestions for names ending with “a:”

[name]Alma[/name]
[name]Bianca[/name]
[name]Keira[/name]
[name]Leah[/name]
[name]Alana[/name]
[name]Petra[/name]
[name]Lydia[/name]
[name]Jenna[/name]
[name]Mara[/name]
[name]Lena[/name]
[name]Vera[/name]
[name]Nadia[/name]
[name]Lilia[/name]
[name]Bria[/name]

Adding to the ending in a list…

[name]Nyla[/name]
[name]Hannah[/name]
[name]Maya[/name]
[name]Nora[/name]

I think [name]Mira[/name] is beautiful! [name]Mira[/name] rhymes with [name]Vera[/name] yes?

I love the name [name]Mira[/name]. It can stand alone or be a nn for [name]Miriam[/name] or [name]Mirabelle[/name]/[name]Mirabella[/name]. I pronounce it MEER-uh. I would say that it’s within my top five favorite names for girls because it goes well with my last name. [name]Do[/name] you think it could also be a nn for [name]Miranda[/name]?
I know of a lady named [name]Miri[/name], and I like that name a lot, too. [name]Miri[/name] can be a nn for [name]Mira[/name]. MEER-ee. So pretty!
I also love the name [name]Vera[/name] as a nn for [name]Veronica[/name]. Gorgeous!

Whoops! I replied to your other post!

[name]How[/name] about [name]Miranda[/name]? [name]Lovely[/name] name, shakespearean connections, nice meaning, not too overexposed, very pretty :slight_smile:
it was NotD over at [name]Xanthe[/name] [name]Linnea[/name]: Private Site

i [name]LOVE[/name] the name [name]Mira[/name]. sweet and simple. has lovely, positive meanings in many different languages. works well with [name]Grace[/name]. it is one of my absolute favorites.