What do you think of the name Pearl?

I have been thinking about this name a lot lately. Pretty, elegant, classic. love the nn [name]Pearlie[/name].
what do you think? Is it too old-lady? boring? blah?

I like it, especially mixed with a more “recent” middle name.

[name]Do[/name] you have any ideas for that yet?

[name]Love[/name] the name [name]Pearl[/name]! And [name]Pearlie[/name] is adorable! [name]Pearl[/name] will most likely be a middle name for a future daughter if I’m lucky enough to have one!
I would pair it with a longer middle name, just my opinion.

I love [name]Pearl[/name]! It’s so pretty and sweet. And I love pearls, so I like that! I don’t think there is anything bad about it. I would pair it with a longer, more current middle name.

[name]Pearl[/name] [name]Jenevieve[/name]/
or [name]Pearl[/name] [name]Jenevieve[/name] [name]Marie[/name]
Likely would be a 2nd daughter though as want my first daughter’s middle name to be after my mom.

I find [name]Pearl[/name] still old-ladyish and not terribly interesting as a first name. I’d like it as a middle name after a favorite Granny though :slight_smile:

I love [name]Pearl[/name]! :smiley: It is one of my favorite “old” names, along with [name]Eliza[/name] and [name]Maeve[/name]. [name]Pearl[/name] [name]Jenevieve[/name] [name]Marie[/name] would be absolutely beautiful.

I think it’s a really beautiful and classy name. It’s on my list for if I ever have another daughter, but as a middle name. As a first, I might have some very slight reservations about it being rather short and abrupt in sound. I’m not really a fan of the nn [name]Pearlie[/name] either. I think if I were going to use it in the first spot, I might consider the alternative [name]Perla[/name], which I think is softer.
But, even though I probably wouldn’t use it myself, I definitely like [name]Pearl[/name] as a first name, and would probably pair it with something long and maybe even a tad frilly, but defintiely traditional, in the middle, such as:
[name]Pearl[/name] [name]Juliette[/name]
or
[name]Pearl[/name] [name]Anastasia[/name]

I love [name]Pearl[/name]! We’re using it as a mn to honor dh’s great grandma [name]Margaret[/name]. I think [name]Pearl[/name] with a longer middle name would be wonderful!

[name]Hi[/name]! I have a 2 week old daughter named [name]Pearl[/name] [name]Isolde[/name] so I absolutely love the name. I agree with the pretty elegant classic thing… Definitely not old lady or boring! [name]Pearl[/name] [name]Jenevieve[/name] is lovely - I’m not a fan of 2 middle names. Not sure about [name]Pearlie[/name] though… our [name]Pearl[/name] goes as [name]Pearla[/name] or [name]Pearl[/name] - there’s nothing wrong with it at all though - maybe because it looks like pear-lee or it could be that [name]Lacey[/name] (our other daughter) and [name]Pearlie[/name] together are too much! If you love it then go for it!

[name]Pearl[/name] [name]Isolde[/name] is gorgeous!! [name]Pearl[/name] and [name]Lacey[/name] are lovely together. I agree with you and think [name]Pearl[/name] [name]Jenevieve[/name] is enough and doesnt need [name]Marie[/name]. My s.o.'s daughter is named [name]Kassy[/name]. I think [name]Kassy[/name] and [name]Pearl[/name] are sweet together too.