What do you think of the name Vivian?

Thinking about the name [name]Vivian[/name]. My husband thinks it sounds too stuffy. Three people told me it sounds like an evil kind of person, which I think is ridiculous. I think the name sounds glamorous and beautiful, what do you think?

I agree that it is glamorous and beautiful, and I realy don’t get the references to being stuffy or evil (how can a name with a nickname like [name]Viv[/name] be stuffy?!?).

On the other hand, I am a bit put off by its rising popularity.

Thanks for the feedback. I’ve loved this name for years, and of course, now it’s getting popular! I can’t be put off by this because every name I choose there’s always some sort of problem! It seems like every name comes with some sort of baggage!

[name]Hi[/name] there, I love the sound but prefer the feminine spellings of [name]Vivianne[/name] or [name]Vivienne[/name] (my personal fav). [name]Vivian[/name]/[name]Vivien[/name] are originally the male spellings. But, hey, people are calling girls [name]Ryan[/name] now so I guess it doesn’t really matter…! I also love [name]Vienne[/name] - so classy and pretty.

[name]Hope[/name] that helps, [name]Fran[/name] x

It’s cute!

[name]Love[/name] it. The only [name]Brad[/name] and [name]Angelina[/name] name I do like!

I like it! I prefer the spelling [name]Vivienne[/name] though. I could never use it however because it’s my SO’s aunt’s name that he does not get along with.
And trust me, once they see your baby they will get used to the name and no longer associate it with an “evil” person.