What do you think of the this name for our second son?

Our 2 yr old’s name is [name]Nash[/name] [name]Paul[/name] and we want a name that works with his, is rare but not made up, more old world, not used anymore and strong/laid back sounding… I am due any day and at the top of our list is [name]Holt[/name] [name]Conor[/name], an Old English name. What do you think? [name]Do[/name] you like it? Does it meet our criteria?

I like it on paper, but not as much when I actually try saying it. The strong O and the T on the end make it hard for me to say.

[name]Holt[/name] is pretty awkward for me to say, but that’s just me.

What about [name]Holden[/name] [name]Conor[/name], which has a softer sound, and could still potentially give you [name]Holt[/name]?

Good luck! :slight_smile:

What about [name]Kent[/name]? I’m not sure how I feel about a real person named [name]Holt[/name]. It is like a bolt. Almost too strong. It’s also got the hole or hoe sound, and in a roundabout way, hot and holy. It’s a very compact, take-no-prisoners kind of name to me, not dashing, not subtle in any way. I can’t think of other names like [name]Holt[/name] besides [name]Kent[/name], [name]Kent[/name] sounds more like a brother to [name]Nash[/name].

I agree with [name]Jill[/name]–[name]Holt[/name] is kind of like the word lull, in that it’s just kind of difficult to get your mouth around, if you will.
I also like [name]Karen[/name]'s suggestion of [name]Kent[/name].
What about [name]York/name?
Maybe [name]Tate[/name]?
I like [name]Connor[/name] in the middle though, but it doesn’t really work with [name]York/name–the “k” and hard “c” sounds get smooshed, and it’s very hard and abrupt with [name]Tate[/name] and [name]Kent[/name].

I really like [name]Holden[/name] with [name]Nash[/name]

Also (tried to stick with the english theme):

[name]Alfie[/name]
[name]Cormac[/name]
[name]Birch[/name]
[name]Reed[/name]
[name]Ronan[/name]
[name]Lewis[/name]
[name]Finn[/name]
[name]Declan[/name]

One last list, I enjoy this one because I relly like the style of names and it’s giving me some good ideas. I have insomnia so looking st list makes time go by =) Tried to find some English names that were even mor old world and unusual.

[name]Alcott[/name]
[name]Alton[/name]
[name]Bates[/name] (unless the norman connection bothers you)
[name]Bishop[/name]
[name]Gray[/name]
[name]Langston[/name]
[name]Morris[/name]
[name]Truman[/name]

I like [name]Gray[/name] and [name]Reed[/name]. Also [name]Zane[/name].

What about [name]Beck[/name]? It has a similar feel to me, but a little warmer and much easier to say.

I really love the name beck!!! it sounds great!!!

We actually named are first son [name]Holden[/name] and are having twin boys and were thinking of naming one [name]Nash[/name] and the other one possibly [name]Cole[/name]. I’m glad that everyone thinks that [name]Holden[/name] goes well with [name]Nash[/name].

what about [name]Hayes[/name]

I agree with the posters who like it in theory and on paper, but not when said aloud. There is something challenging about saying [name]Holt[/name].

I love [name]Cole[/name] and [name]Gray[/name] and [name]Kai[/name] - both would go well with [name]Nash[/name]

[name]Gray[/name] is a great name but he’d need to watch out for jokes like:
“Can I use you to color this?”
And being mistakenly called [name]Gary[/name].

I got that alot on up into middle school. Also I’m a girl who’s first name is [name]Sarah[/name], and in the unique department [name]Gray[/name] really serves the purpose of letting me stand out among my classmates. I was never one of those kids who had to have the last letter of my surname added to my name to distinguish me from “other” Grays.

I also thought of [name]Vaughn[/name]. It’s a single-syllable Welsh surname that gives me a similar feel to [name]Nash[/name]. It also means “small” like [name]Nash[/name]'s middle name, [name]Paul[/name].

Like the suggestions of [name]Hayes[/name] and [name]Holden[/name]!

[name]Worth[/name]
[name]Witt[/name]
[name]Hank[/name]
[name]Colt[/name]
[name]Ward[/name]
[name]Harris[/name]
[name]Clinton[/name]
[name]Crawford[/name] “[name]Ford[/name]”
[name]Ellison[/name]
[name]Drake[/name]
[name]Gray[/name]
[name]Graham[/name]
[name]Brant[/name]
[name]Vance[/name]
[name]Wade[/name]
[name]Brooks[/name]

I like these suggestions from the others posters…

[name]Holden[/name]
[name]Tate[/name]
[name]Reed[/name]
[name]Cole[/name]
[name]Ford[/name]
[name]Graham[/name]

If it’s not already too late, [name]Graham[/name] [name]Nash[/name] is the name of a musician/singer/songwriter of the famous group, [name]Crosby[/name], Stills, and [name]Nash[/name] (and sometimes [name]Young[/name]). Some might think you did it on purpose if you name the second son [name]Graham[/name]. You might think it’s cool, however, or just too obvious. [name]Don[/name]'t know how you arrived at [name]Nash[/name], maybe from this person. Not sure whether anyone young would notice at all! [name]Just[/name] thought I’d let you know.

[name]Carter[/name]