What do you think of these combos?

So, I’ve had a go at putting together some combinations for my favourite boys names. Please let me know what you think of these. Which are your favourites, which don’t you like, etc. If you have suggestions for alternative middles for any of these names, please let me know! Thanks.

[name_m]Arthur[/name_m] [name_m]Barnaby[/name_m]
[name_m]Bennett[/name_m] [name_m]George[/name_m]
[name_m]Frederick[/name_m] [name_u]James[/name_u]
[name_m]Henry[/name_m] [name_m]Theodore[/name_m]
[name_m]Hugo[/name_m] [name_u]Laurence[/name_u]
[name_m]Marco[/name_m] [name_m]Alexander[/name_m]
[name_m]Matteo[/name_m] [name_m]Sebastian[/name_m]
[name_m]Peter[/name_m] [name_u]Willoughby[/name_u]
[name_u]Reed[/name_u] [name_m]Montgomery[/name_m]
[name_m]Rupert[/name_m] [name_u]Spencer[/name_u]
[name_m]Theodore[/name_m] [name_m]Louis[/name_m]
[name_m]Walter[/name_m] [name_u]Sterling[/name_u]

Favourites:

[name_m]Arthur[/name_m] [name_m]Barnaby[/name_m]: I like the echoed ‘ar’ noise.
[name_m]Hugo[/name_m] [name_u]Laurence[/name_u]: I’ve grown fonder of [name_u]Laurence[/name_u] since using the name in my book. It sounds good with [name_m]Hugo[/name_m].
[name_m]Marco[/name_m] [name_m]Alexander[/name_m]: This feels Italian to me, even with [name_m]Alexander[/name_m]. :slight_smile:
[name_m]Frederick[/name_m] [name_u]James[/name_u]: [name_f]Lovely[/name_f] and traditional.

OK:

[name_m]Walter[/name_m] [name_u]Sterling[/name_u]: I like [name_u]Sterling[/name_u] as a middle name very much.

Not too sure on:

[name_m]Bennett[/name_m] [name_m]George[/name_m]: I want to like [name_m]Bennett[/name_m] but it’s a surname, so I can’t :frowning:
[name_u]Reed[/name_u] [name_m]Montgomery[/name_m]: With [name_u]Reed[/name_u] I just think of a plant. I know that’s daft because of all the flower names.

[name_m]Arthur[/name_m] [name_m]Barnaby[/name_m] - [name_f]LOVE[/name_f] this, makes me think of a very cuddly boy lol! I also love [name_m]Arthur[/name_m] [name_m]George[/name_m]
[name_m]Bennett[/name_m] [name_m]George[/name_m] - OK
[name_m]Frederick[/name_m] [name_u]James[/name_u] - [name_f]LOVE[/name_f] [name_m]Frederick[/name_m], but I prefer [name_m]Frederick[/name_m] [name_m]Charles[/name_m]
[name_m]Henry[/name_m] [name_m]Theodore[/name_m] - OK
[name_m]Hugo[/name_m] [name_u]Laurence[/name_u] - [name_f]LOVE[/name_f], but prefer [name_u]Lawrence[/name_u], looks more masculine
[name_m]Marco[/name_m] [name_m]Alexander[/name_m] - [name_f]LOVE[/name_f], has an exotic flair, but is grounded by the traditional [name_m]Alexander[/name_m]
[name_m]Matteo[/name_m] [name_m]Sebastian[/name_m] - [name_f]LOVE[/name_f], again has that exotic flavour
[name_m]Peter[/name_m] [name_u]Willoughby[/name_u] - I see [name_u]Willoughby[/name_u] more as a surname, I prefer [name_m]Peter[/name_m] [name_u]Francis[/name_u]
[name_u]Reed[/name_u] [name_m]Montgomery[/name_m] - I like [name_u]Reed[/name_u], but spelt [name_u]Reid[/name_u], [name_f]LOVE[/name_f] [name_m]Montgomery[/name_m]. I’d probably switch them - [name_m]Montgomery[/name_m] [name_u]Reid[/name_u]
[name_m]Rupert[/name_m] [name_u]Spencer[/name_u] - [name_f]LOVE[/name_f], [name_m]Rupert[/name_m] is a GP name for me, and [name_u]Spencer[/name_u] compliments it well - feels very British!
[name_m]Theodore[/name_m] [name_m]Louis[/name_m] - [name_f]LOVE[/name_f], this is an adorable combo, feels cuddly to me
[name_m]Walter[/name_m] [name_u]Sterling[/name_u] - OK, but prefer [name_u]Walker[/name_u] to [name_m]Walter[/name_m]

Favorites (in no order):

[name_m]Arthur[/name_m] [name_m]Barnaby[/name_m] – So handsome and strong and a tiny bit quirky.
[name_m]Hugo[/name_m] [name_u]Laurence[/name_u] – [name_m]Hugo[/name_m] is just the right amount of quirk with the old and handsome [name_u]Laurence[/name_u]
[name_m]Marco[/name_m] [name_m]Alexander[/name_m] – Same as above. [name_m]Marco[/name_m] is sort of fashion model to me, and [name_m]Alexander[/name_m] is a classic and it’s very hustorical

Second tier favorites:

[name_m]Matteo[/name_m] [name_m]Sebastian[/name_m] – I don’t really like [name_m]Matteo[/name_m] so that’s why it’s here for me, but it goes really well with [name_m]Sebastian[/name_m]. I love the combo
[name_m]Theodore[/name_m] [name_m]Louis[/name_m] – Here’s this again, I don’t really like [name_m]Theodore[/name_m], but [name_m]Theodore[/name_m] [name_m]Louis[/name_m] is very handsome.
[name_m]Walter[/name_m] [name_u]Sterling[/name_u] – [name_m]Walter[/name_m] makes me think of a terrible child I worked with but putting that aside, this one is nice, but [name_u]Sterling[/name_u] really seems like an odd one with the rest of the names. He’s a lot more quirky to me than anything else on here.

These are just so-so:

[name_m]Frederick[/name_m] [name_u]James[/name_u] – This one does nothing for me. [name_m]Frederick[/name_m] is sort of meh compared to other on here and [name_u]James[/name_u] seems so boring with a lot of your other middles
[name_m]Henry[/name_m] [name_m]Theodore[/name_m] – This is just two names I don’t like all that much so together, for me, it’s safe and boring. I think it’s a fine combo though, and I’m sure with other people who’s taste is more in that vein, it’s great. There’s just no spark here.
[name_m]Rupert[/name_m] [name_u]Spencer[/name_u] – This sort of thing doesn’t usually bother me, but here it does. I don’t like the repeating -er sounds. Maybe because they’re pretty close together? I really like [name_m]Rupert[/name_m], but [name_u]Spencer[/name_u] always seems really kiddish to me.

I don’t like these:

[name_m]Bennett[/name_m] [name_m]George[/name_m] – I just strongly don’t like [name_m]Bennett[/name_m] for no good reason. I think it’d be fine as [name_m]George[/name_m] [name_m]Bennett[/name_m]. I think the flows better and I think it matches better with the other combos that way.
[name_m]Peter[/name_m] [name_u]Willoughby[/name_u] – I don’t know what’s so unpleasant about this for me. I know I find [name_u]Willoughby[/name_u] strange with the others. I just don’t like it with [name_m]Peter[/name_m]. [name_m]George[/name_m] [name_u]Willoughby[/name_u]? Yes! I love [name_m]George[/name_m] [name_u]Willoughby[/name_u] way more than [name_m]Peter[/name_m]. [name_m]Peter[/name_m] [name_m]Bennett[/name_m] sounds good too.
[name_u]Reed[/name_u] [name_m]Montgomery[/name_m] – I just think the flow is odd. [name_m]Montgomery[/name_m] [name_u]Reed[/name_u] sound bad though.

All in all, I love most of your names individually. :slight_smile:

your naming style is very different from mine - im not really into old man/ traditional names- so my feedback and opinion maybe your opposite

[name_m]Hugo[/name_m] [name_u]Laurence[/name_u] - love this combo its my fav, it feels right at home as a 1920’a movie stars name
Next fav is [name_m]Walter[/name_m] [name_u]Sterling[/name_u] - altho i prefer [name_u]Sterling[/name_u] as a first name.

My loves:
[name_m]Frederick[/name_m] [name_u]James[/name_u] - handsome and classic, [name_m]Frederick[/name_m] [name_u]James[/name_u] sounds like a good [name_f]Jane[/name_f] [name_u]Austen[/name_u] hero.
[name_m]Henry[/name_m] [name_m]Theodore[/name_m] - I love [name_m]Henry[/name_m], it’s so classic and beautiful. [name_m]Theodore[/name_m] is romantic, so this is a winner.
[name_m]Hugo[/name_m] [name_u]Laurence[/name_u] - This feels like a 18th century literary hero as well, and it also reminds me of actor [name_m]Hugh[/name_m] [name_u]Laurie[/name_u] but that’s not a bad thing.
[name_m]Marco[/name_m] [name_m]Alexander[/name_m] - Dashing and cool. I actually know a [name_m]Marco[/name_m] [name_m]Alessandro[/name_m]!
[name_m]Matteo[/name_m] [name_m]Sebastian[/name_m] - Great and unexpected, and what’s better than that. I love [name_m]Matteo[/name_m], it’s such a good and snuggly name.

My likes:
[name_m]Theodore[/name_m] [name_m]Louis[/name_m] - [name_f]Do[/name_f] you say [name_m]Louis[/name_m] loo-EE or LOO-is? I like both, but I think I like the LOO-is pronunciation more with [name_u]Teddy[/name_u]. [name_m]Theodore[/name_m] [name_m]Lewis[/name_m] I’d love.
[name_m]Peter[/name_m] [name_u]Willoughby[/name_u] - I’m not crazy about [name_u]Willoughby[/name_u], I know people with it as a surname but I always associate it with horrible [name_m]John[/name_m]. But it sounds nice!
[name_m]Walter[/name_m] [name_u]Sterling[/name_u] - It’s absolutely fine, but not exciting. [name_m]Walter[/name_m] [name_m]Montgomery[/name_m], [name_m]Walter[/name_m] [name_m]Sebastian[/name_m]?

My dislikes:
[name_u]Reed[/name_u] [name_m]Montgomery[/name_m] - Feels to surnamey to me… and I dislike [name_u]Reed[/name_u] very much.
[name_m]Rupert[/name_m] [name_u]Spencer[/name_u] - Too similar. [name_m]Rupert[/name_m] [name_m]Montgomery[/name_m]? [name_m]Rupert[/name_m] [name_m]Theodore[/name_m]? [name_m]Rupert[/name_m] [name_u]Sterling[/name_u]? [name_m]Rupert[/name_m] [name_m]Woodrow[/name_m] (okay, not on your list but it sounds like your style!).

My absolute favorite is [name_m]Hugo[/name_m] [name_u]Laurence[/name_u]. I love it! Spunky yet sophisticated.

I agree with [name_f]Ottilie[/name_f] (I usually do about these things) that [name_m]Rupert[/name_m] is lovely but I would choose a different middle name.

I love [name_m]Arthur[/name_m] but personally do not like [name_m]Barnaby[/name_m]. My combination with [name_m]Arthur[/name_m] would be [name_u]James[/name_u] or [name_m]Frederick[/name_m].

I don’t have time to comment on all the names right now, but [name_m]Hugo[/name_m] [name_u]Laurence[/name_u] is hands-down one of the most handsome combos I have ever seen. Perfect.

[name_m]Arthur[/name_m] [name_m]Barnaby[/name_m] - love it, mostly because of [name_m]Arthur[/name_m] but [name_m]Barnaby[/name_m] make a great middle name for it. 9/10
[name_m]Bennett[/name_m] [name_m]George[/name_m] - I really like [name_m]Bennett[/name_m], I don’t like Geroge but the combo is nice. 8/10
[name_m]Frederick[/name_m] [name_u]James[/name_u] - Very cool and classic. 8/10
[name_m]Henry[/name_m] [name_m]Theodore[/name_m] - That might just be my favourite combo. I adore both [name_m]Henry[/name_m] and [name_m]Theodore[/name_m]. Together they make a very classic name. 10/10
[name_m]Hugo[/name_m] [name_u]Laurence[/name_u] - I love [name_m]Hugo[/name_m] but don’t care for [name_u]Laurence[/name_u]. 7.5/10
[name_m]Marco[/name_m] [name_m]Alexander[/name_m] - I’m not a fan of either name but the combo works. 6/10
[name_m]Matteo[/name_m] [name_m]Sebastian[/name_m] - [name_f]Love[/name_f] [name_m]Matteo[/name_m], [name_m]Sebastian[/name_m] I find okay. I’d like a 1,2 or 4 syllable middle name better but the combo is still very nice. 8/10
[name_m]Peter[/name_m] [name_u]Willoughby[/name_u] - Hm, the name has the right flow but I’m not loving [name_m]Peter[/name_m] or [name_u]Willoughby[/name_u]. 6/10
[name_u]Reed[/name_u] [name_m]Montgomery[/name_m] - [name_m]Both[/name_m] names are not my style but they work together. 7/10
[name_m]Rupert[/name_m] [name_u]Spencer[/name_u] - While I don’t really care for these names, I think [name_m]Rupert[/name_m] would sound better with a 3 syllable middle name. 7/10
[name_m]Theodore[/name_m] [name_m]Louis[/name_m] - Again, love [name_m]Theodore[/name_m]. [name_m]Louis[/name_m] also sounds nice (is the s silent or not?). The combo flows really well. 9/10
[name_m]Walter[/name_m] [name_u]Sterling[/name_u] - see [name_m]Rupert[/name_m] [name_u]Spencer[/name_u].

I have to say that I really love your combos and the names you chose. Most of them have a really nice flow and make a great name :slight_smile:

[name_m]Arthur[/name_m] [name_m]Barnaby[/name_m] - I wanted to like this because I love the names but it’s just too much “ar” sound for me.
[name_m]Bennett[/name_m] [name_m]George[/name_m] - I like but names but it looks like it’s backwards and I want to switch them to [name_m]George[/name_m] [name_m]Bennett[/name_m].
[name_m]Frederick[/name_m] [name_u]James[/name_u] - A classic duo
[name_m]Henry[/name_m] [name_m]Theodore[/name_m] - Perfect!
[name_m]Hugo[/name_m] [name_u]Laurence[/name_u] - This is gorgeous! My fave on your list.
[name_m]Marco[/name_m] [name_m]Alexander[/name_m] - I love boys names ending in “o”.
[name_m]Matteo[/name_m] [name_m]Sebastian[/name_m] - This two sound good together.
[name_m]Peter[/name_m] [name_u]Willoughby[/name_u] - I like the classic fn with the quirky mn
[name_u]Reed[/name_u] [name_m]Montgomery[/name_m] - I prefer the [name_u]Reid[/name_u] spelling. The combo sounds good though.
[name_m]Rupert[/name_m] [name_u]Spencer[/name_u] - Too much “er”
[name_m]Theodore[/name_m] [name_m]Louis[/name_m] - Gorgeous!
[name_m]Walter[/name_m] [name_u]Sterling[/name_u] - again, I like both names but they have too much “er”.

I really like [name_m]Arthur[/name_m] [name_m]Barnaby[/name_m] and [name_m]Frederick[/name_m] [name_u]James[/name_u]. I have an uncle called [name_m]Marco[/name_m] who’s son is called [name_m]Alexander[/name_m]!

I like:

Thanks for your feedback everyone! Obviously, I like some of those combinations more than others myself. [name_f]One[/name_f] of my favourites is [name_m]Arthur[/name_m] [name_m]Barnaby[/name_m]. It’s interesting that several people mentioned the repeating “R” sound. Try saying those names in an Australian accent! We say Aah-thuh Bah-na-bee. No “R” in sight! Same with [name_m]Rupert[/name_m] [name_u]Spencer[/name_u]. Ru-pet Spen-sah. No repeating “er” sound there either lol. Anyway, I love the love for my Italian combos ([name_m]Marco[/name_m] and [name_m]Matteo[/name_m]) and [name_m]Hugo[/name_m] [name_u]Laurence[/name_u]. [name_f]Ottilie[/name_f], I never thought of [name_m]Hugh[/name_m] [name_u]Laurie[/name_u], but I’m a big fan of his so that’s okay with me! [name_m]Henry[/name_m] [name_m]Theodore[/name_m] is another of my favourites so I’m a bit surprised most seemed to think it’s a bit bland. I think it’s gorgeous. Another of my favourites was [name_m]Walter[/name_m] [name_u]Sterling[/name_u], but my favourites have shuffled a bit taking into consideration everyone’s opinions and my top three are now probably:

1. [name_m]Arthur[/name_m] [name_m]Barnaby[/name_m]
  2. [name_m]Hugo[/name_m] [name_u]Laurence[/name_u]
  3. [name_m]Matteo[/name_m] [name_m]Sebastian[/name_m]

Names I love as first names, but unsure of combinations: [name_m]Arthur[/name_m], [name_m]Frederick[/name_m], [name_m]Henry[/name_m] and [name_m]Walter[/name_m].

[name_f]Love[/name_f]:

Like:
[name_m]Bennett[/name_m] [name_m]George[/name_m]
[name_m]Hugo[/name_m] [name_u]Laurence[/name_u]
[name_m]Marco[/name_m] [name_m]Alexander[/name_m]

Dislike:
[name_u]Reed[/name_u] [name_m]Montgomery[/name_m]

[name_m]Arthur[/name_m] [name_m]Julian[/name_m]/[name_m]Julius[/name_m] or [name_m]Arthur[/name_m] [name_m]Sebastian[/name_m]

[name_m]Bennett[/name_m] [name_m]Alexander[/name_m] or [name_m]Bennett[/name_m] [name_m]Oliver[/name_m] or [name_m]Bennett[/name_m] [name_m]Oscar[/name_m]

[name_m]Frederick[/name_m] [name_m]Calvin[/name_m]

[name_m]Henry[/name_m] [name_m]Calvin[/name_m] or [name_m]Henry[/name_m] [name_m]Oliver[/name_m] or [name_m]Henry[/name_m] [name_m]Oscar[/name_m] or [name_m]Henry[/name_m] [name_u]Sterling[/name_u]

[name_m]Hugo[/name_m] [name_m]Barnaby[/name_m] or [name_m]Hugo[/name_m] [name_u]Everett[/name_u] or [name_m]Hugo[/name_m] [name_u]Spencer[/name_u] or [name_m]Hugo[/name_m] [name_m]Sebastian[/name_m]

[name_m]Marco[/name_m] [name_m]Felix[/name_m] or [name_m]Marco[/name_m] [name_m]Julian[/name_m]/[name_m]Julius[/name_m] or [name_m]Marco[/name_m] [name_m]Sebastian[/name_m]

[name_m]Matteo[/name_m] [name_u]Laurence[/name_u] or [name_m]Matteo[/name_m] [name_m]Louis[/name_m] (loo-iss) or [name_m]Matteo[/name_m] [name_m]Ross[/name_m]

[name_m]Peter[/name_m] [name_u]Elliot[/name_u] or [name_m]Peter[/name_m] [name_u]Ellis[/name_u] or [name_m]Peter[/name_m] [name_u]Laurence[/name_u] or [name_m]Peter[/name_m] [name_m]Wesley[/name_m]

[name_m]Rupert[/name_m] [name_u]Laurence[/name_u]

[name_m]Theodore[/name_m] [name_m]Calvin[/name_m] or [name_m]Theodore[/name_m] [name_m]Jasper[/name_m] or [name_m]Theodore[/name_m] [name_m]Malcolm[/name_m] or [name_m]Theodore[/name_m] [name_u]Max[/name_u] or [name_m]Theodore[/name_m] [name_m]Russell[/name_m] or [name_m]Theodore[/name_m] [name_m]Wesley[/name_m]

[name_u]Reed[/name_u] [name_u]Everett[/name_u] or [name_u]Reed[/name_u] [name_m]Harrison[/name_m] or [name_u]Reed[/name_u] [name_m]Sebastian[/name_m] or [name_u]Reed[/name_u] [name_m]Montgomery[/name_m] or [name_u]Reed[/name_u] [name_m]Wesley[/name_m] or [name_u]Reed[/name_u] [name_u]Willoughby[/name_u]

[name_m]Walter[/name_m] [name_m]Julian[/name_m]/[name_m]Julius[/name_m] or [name_m]Walter[/name_m] [name_m]Sebastian[/name_m]

I love [name_m]Hugh[/name_m] [name_u]Laurie[/name_u] too ;).

I forgot to praise your [name_m]Arthur[/name_m] [name_m]Barnaby[/name_m] combo! I think it’s so wonderful. I met the cutest most adorable little [name_m]Barnaby[/name_m] a few days ago and it made me really love this name. [name_m]Arthur[/name_m] [name_m]Barnaby[/name_m] feels so warm and cosy, like a beloved teddy bear! I can absolutely see you with one of these.